PDA

View Full Version : How did you come up with your INTERCOT name?

illBEyouPRINCEcharming
05-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Ive always read posts, even before i became a memebr of intercot and noticed how creative everyone was with their intercot names.... How did you come up with it? Is there a story behind it?

I suppose ill start. My Best Friend Mandee and i have been going to disney every year now for about 4 years and introduced me to Intercot. Her INTERCOT name was "IwannaBEaPRINCESS" so, of course, i came up with "illBEyourPRINCEcharming".......notice the "R" in the word "your".....well, foolish me forgot the R when i was typing it in when registering so now i am what i am..... but yes, thats the story behind my INTERCOT name...:party:

Boojum
05-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm a literature buff, and one of my favorite poems is by Lewis Carroll--it's called "The Hunting of the Snark."

One of the characters in the poem is called a boojum, and I've always loved the way that word sounds.

MickeyandTink
05-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Mine was pretty simple. DW's favorite character is Tinkerbell :tink: and she had bought me a Mickey T-shirt in anticipation of our trip :mickey2: . We even bought a Tinkerbell baseball hat for her and a Mickey hat for me yesterday while out at the Disney Outlet store.

When I discovered Intercot :rocks: while researching information for our trip, it just seemed to make sense to put the two together.

Disneytrotters
05-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Our story is a little odd. But then, so are we!!!:blush: One day we were discussing that the shoes we had purchased in Downtown Disney were starting to wear out and needed to be replaced. So, we planned to go on a shopping trip to see if we could find any even half as comfortable. As we were leaving, my partner said, 'are you ready to find some new Disney Trotters?' I thought that was a great name for our new shoes, so when I registered here :rocks: I used that as a name!!!

I even have a namebadge (won in a trivia contest) that says Disneytrotters!!!:cool:

SBETigg
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
My husband has called me Tigger since one of our first few dates, long before he knew I was so hooked on Disney. Tiggers are apparently common around here (I'm not the only one?) so I added my initials.

baby minnie's mommy
05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
My DD(2) is a big fan of Minnie, and when she saw Minnie at AK for the first time she was on :cloud9: The joy I saw in her eyes that day is something I want to remember! She has a tiny plush Minnie she loves and calls "Baby Minnie." I wanted a name that honored my little "baby minnie" so that's why I picked mine. :)

just2mickey
05-07-2007, 06:40 PM
My classroom has a pair of ears painted on the wall the size of two elephants. I have the Mickey theme everywhere. I put decals on trash cans, folders, mousepads, bulletin boards, front and back doors, you name it. So...everyone knows that I love Disney (especially the mouse). A friend of mine once said, "My Lord, you are just too much of a Mickey freak for me." It stuck. I then became just2mickey. I really wanted dolewhip but some fine person already had it and I totally get why! Way to go dolewhip!

GenieOfPA
05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
my fav disney character is the genie from aladdin, and he is the "genie of the lamp" so i am the "genie of pennsylvania". every place needs a genie!

pook@wdw
05-07-2007, 07:16 PM
My DH gave me the nickname "Pookie Buns" soon after we were married (28 yrs ago), ergo Pook, for short, and that's what all my family calls me now. And I want to be @ WDW every waking moment. Hence, the name Pook @WDW. :D

2Epcot
05-07-2007, 07:17 PM
The license plate on my car used to be 2Epcot, before I moved to CA.

tinksmom02
05-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Tink is my and my DD's favorite character*, DD was Tink for Halloween when she was 3, and she was born in '02. She's my little Pixie! :tink:

*Tink has recently lost a little luster, since DD became aquainted with one Captain Jack Sparrow.

Natazu
05-07-2007, 10:19 PM
INTERCOT name? Nâhtazû is actually my name.

pogo
05-07-2007, 10:38 PM
I picked mine because it was quick and easy to type.:blush:

It was also a comic strip character which gives away my age. I'm 56 years :old:

I also got tired of trying all the disney characters names a thousand times without any luck.:whew: :D

jennbunn
05-08-2007, 12:22 AM
my co-workers started calling me jennbunn after i got married. so when i needed a screen name it was the first thing that came to mind. :)

grumpyguy
05-08-2007, 09:03 AM
i am a grumpy guy............except at wdw.:thumbsup:

Diznee4Me
05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
The DW purchased a license plate a few years ago at EPCOT that read "DIZNEE4ME." I also tried a lot of different Disney names, all of which were taken, and then I thought about that plate, the rest is Intercot history. :D

Marker
05-08-2007, 09:18 AM
my story is not so creative...

My name is Mark, there was already a member named "mark" ( who apparently joined a month before I did, and posted 3 times), so I went with Marker.

I know, it's not very creative, but it was easy to remember my own name. (actually, I have used Marker as a user name in other places too because "Mark" is usually already taken).

Frank Bullitt
05-08-2007, 09:32 AM
I drive a green 'Bullitt" edition mustang & steve mcqueen is one of my heroes.

January-2007
05-08-2007, 11:09 AM
When I signed up here we were just starting to plan our wedding/ honeymoon and had picked the date. When? January 2007! :mickey:

DVC2004
05-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Mine's a no-brainer sadly! I am a DVC member and I joined DVC in 2004. Now that I think about it there's probabaly several more interesting names I could have come up with.

Figgyluv03
05-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I love Figment and whenever I go to the parks I always end of missing him, so I'm hoping this is good luck for my next trip and 03 came about because that's the year DB and I started dating.

Mousefever
05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
When I discovered Intercot I had just gotten back from our first family trip to Disney World and couldn't wait to go back. Or to put it another way, I was in a fever to get back to the mouse!

:dory:

c&d
05-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Chip and Dale are my favorite characters. Most of the Chip and Dale name combinations were already being used so I just went with their initials.

kakn7294
05-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Mine is the same as my Ebay name which came about by mistake. I'm a nurse and at work we have a computerized machine to store the narcotics. It requires a user name and password. My user name is the first 2 initials of my first and last name - kakn. The password is a 4 number combo but it's not the same as the one here - it's my wedding anniversary date at work. When I signed onto Ebay, I messed up when I typed it in and I've been stuck with it ever since - and it's so far off that I've yet to figure out how I messed it up in the first place. It has absolutely no meaning to me but now I kinda like it. When I signed on here, I lacked creativity and just used the same name.

TheMartellFamily
05-08-2007, 04:20 PM
This one is easy, DH was thinking outside the box on this one. Ha ha ha ha

CandleontheWater
05-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Candle on the Water was DH and I's first dance song at our wedding and Pete's Dragon has always been my favorite live action Disney movie.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-08-2007, 07:49 PM
No brainer here..I wanted something that would not be easy to forget. ;)

Sean is my 9 (almost 10) year old son, Riley is my 7 year old son and Taylor is my 3 year old Princess. I'm their Mom. :cloud9:

SgtTigger
05-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I was a Sergeant in my Sheriff's office and I love Tigger.... so Sgttigger

Now I am a Lieutenant ..... but I still love tigger......

:cop: :tigger:

Kate In Wonderland
05-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, my name is Kate and I'm an Alice fan, and I wish I was with her in Wonderland! (hey that rhymed! :thumbsup: )

Donald Duck 224
05-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Took my favorite character and put my 2 favorite numbers together. I no very creative.

BriarRose0708
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
one of my all time favorite movies is Sleeping Beauty so that's where BriarRose comes from, and 0708 is my birthday, July 8th.:mickey:

drummerboy
05-08-2007, 11:38 PM
I started playing drums at the tender age of 47 and now I'm a volunteer drummer for a 50-piece concert band and a 20-piece fest band, as well as occasional pickup bands and pit bands for musicals. Looks like I might be doing the occasional contemporary worship service soon, too.

Thus and therefore--Drummerboy.

Dsnygirl
05-09-2007, 03:04 AM
:mickey: Mine's pretty self-explanatory... I've always been known as an "ocean girl" since I love going to Maine every summer. Well, when I needed to come up with a name for this site, "Disney girl" naturally came to mind, and then I just shortened it! My DH says it describes me perfectly... :blush:

vizsla
05-09-2007, 05:28 AM
My name is pretty easy. It is named after my favorite breed of dog in which I have 4 of.

CrazyStitch
05-09-2007, 11:55 AM
I usually go by the name DarkProwler on most every other messageboard I post on, but I wanted something different here. So I picked my favorite character's name. I tried StitchFan at first, but it was already taken. So I started thinking of words to described Stitch, and "crazy" was the first thing that came to mind. :stitch2: :stitch:

DisneyNeckCoolers
05-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I always love reading these types of threads!

Just as many of you have experienced, my first choices were already taken. But, then I thought that since I make Disney neck coolers, why not try that. Voila! DisneyNeckCoolers is my name!

LizLovesDiz
05-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I thought this was kinda catchy !!:mickey:

Mickey91
05-10-2007, 12:23 AM
I have loved Mickey since I was 2 and my wedding was in 91!:mickey:

MR SANDERS
05-11-2007, 01:13 PM
My favorite character lives under the name of Sanders.
"It means he had the name over the door in gold letters and Pooh lived under it.":pooh:

mm59
05-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Just Mickey Mouse and My age:thumbsup: :mickey:

Grace
05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
:mickey:
My soon-to-be husband gave me my knickname when he watched me trip down some stairs, then turn my ankle at the curb and lose my shoe. I have been Grace- ful ever since!

Wolf
05-12-2007, 01:39 AM
My mom (who I mention so often on here) started calling me "Wolf" a few years ago, I got the japanese kanji for wolf tattoed on me last year.

sleepingbooty
05-12-2007, 10:44 AM
I always love this thread, it comes up every once in a while. At the time I was planning our first trip, our daughters were younger and their speech wasn't as clear yet. I asked them who their favorite princesses were, and they announced, "Cindewella and Sweepingbooty". So I went with Sleepingbooty - it was just too cute. I'm sure some people think I just have a lazy rear end:confused:

dumbo ears
05-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Well I got my name from the fact that I have bigears and the one disney character with huge ears that I remembered is Dumbo. So that is how Dumbo ears was created.

TikiGoddess
05-13-2007, 07:21 PM
I have always been a fan of the Tiki Room -- both incarnations. When my DH and I went to WDW together in 2002, we saw the new Tiki Room for the first time, and loved the animatronic Tiki Goddess, Uh-Oha.

And of course, I am a Goddess. :D

TikiG

ihavealipfreckle
05-13-2007, 08:54 PM
My name is Emily... and I have a lip freckle. That's the whole story. I have many other freckles on my face, but I have one dark one right on my bottom lip. A little off to the left. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

snifflesmcg
05-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Ok, I'm a bit generic. This is just the name I use for EVERYTHING. My email is this and it's just easier to use this than find new names.

Kate In Wonderland
05-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Candle on the Water was DH and I's first dance song at our wedding and Pete's Dragon has always been my favorite live action Disney movie.

I love that song! I cry everytime I hear it! That's so great that you used it for your first dance. :)

aurora, ariel, and bell
05-14-2007, 10:06 PM
It's interesting to see how the names were chosen. I have 3 granddaughters, aurora (sleeping beauty), ariel and bell. Three disney princesses. thus my name. i can hardly wait to take them to see mickey!

SpecJoe Magic
05-16-2007, 02:06 AM
My first name is Joe, and I'm a big fan of Spectro Magic. I replaced "tro" with my first name to create SpecJoe Magic. It has a nice ring to it because Joe rhymes with "tro.":)

mrsgaribaldi
05-16-2007, 04:54 AM
Contrary to what people may think, Garibaldi is not my name. I used to have a great cat named Mr Michael Garibaldi. My boyfriend at the time was a big Babylon 5 fan and named him after the security chief on that show. Unfortunately, Mr Garibaldi died suddenly 3 years ago of a heart problem at the tender age of 3. If you look at my avatar, there's a tiny pic of a black and white cat on the bottom left side, right under Al, that's Mr Garibaldi. I started using the name Mrs Garibaldi for various things when he was alive and I just used it for here.

Not2Loud
05-16-2007, 02:33 PM
My last name is Loud.

People always feel the need to ask me if I am loud.

I am a fairly laid back person, thus the name of

Not2Loud.

mdricks
05-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Boy do i feel un-creative.

Matthew S. Hendricks