PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass Fraud

Mickey91
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Does it irritate anyone else that paople are selling these free re entry tickets on ebay for hundreds of $$$?:mad: They make MK sound like an all day cattle drive and then sell re entry tickets for as much as $900 for 30 tickets!!! That's an entire 10 days park hopping for a family of four!!!I was on EBAY a little while ago and saw that one person had already spent $1600 on about 50 of these and was bidding on more! I know people will do as they please and you can't protect everyone, but can't something be done to stop these people from taking advantage of others??

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me rant:mickey: .

DizneyRox
05-07-2007, 12:55 PM
This was already discussed a week or so back over in Theme Parks (maybe vacation planning) I think.

Whiel I don't agree with selling them, nobody is forcing these guys to buy them, they are doing this on their own free will.

Obviously there is some value to those tickets.

What's bothersome is that if someone has 30 of them, I'd be willing to bet there's some CM behind this sudden influx of passes hitting the market. That's what I would consider the real problem.

Mickey91
05-07-2007, 02:00 PM
I had thought of that. My main concern is the way these people are portraying the lines at Disney and someone who doesn't know any better to be duped. It makes me sick the way people take advantage of others.:ack:

I agree though, you can't stop people from buying them and they obviously hold some value to them. But, You could have an entire week's vacation for what some are spending just to cut the line.:shake:

DizneyRox
05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
As someone mentioned in the other thread, this might just be a scam to begin with.

The people bidding on these know about these. That would point towards someone who knows they exist. I wasn't even aware of them until a couple years ago. Your average Joe guest doesn't even know about Fastpass, let alone these passes might exist. I don't think the average family is getting duped.

There may also be someone behind the scenes artificially bidding these up. I've done that for friends on items they didn't want to lose their shirt on. Shady? Maybe, but you need to work the system with eBay in order to not get taken.

Now, if I could get around the 120 minute wait on Soarin' I might be willing to pay $10 or so for one pass, but I'm not going to be buying 30 of those tickets.

For all we know, this might be Disney doing some "market research" on a pay version of the Fast Pass.

Disney4
05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
If memory serves me right, the switch passes I received lately had expiration dates on them. Is this not consistent from park to park?

Jasper
05-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Ok, maybe you all are talking about something different than what I am thinking of with fastpass. I thought that the fastpass you get at the park are good only for the day issued and actually have a date on them so this can be enforced. Is there some other version of fastpass available that is not dated or is available someplace other than at the attraction?

If my version is correct than this has to be a total scam.

Ian
05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
These aren't normal fastpasses ... if memory serves, they're similar to the re-entry passes you get if a ride breaks down or if you're doing baby swap.

One of the CM's I dealt with from Guest Relations last week told me they're counterfeit and Disney is NOT honoring them.

I think Rox is probably right ... someone is probably bidding on these for the seller, trying to artificially drive up the prices. Then they'll let a few go that people actually bid on and they'll sell for more because of where the previous auctions ended.

As Mr. Brady once said ... caveat emptor ... let the buyer beware ...

Mickey91
05-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes, there is a different type of pass(unless, as you say, it is a total scam). The one I have been seeing in Ebay, is called a re entry pass. They are given to people by CMs at the rides or maybe special groups. They are good for any ride. One ticket per person per ride. They are sometimes given if a ride breaks down(or so I've read) I have never personally been given one. Anyhow, they are free. People are selling them on Ebay for big $$$$. Or they are artificially bidding like DisneyRox suggested. Either way it is not right. But like we've said, you can't keep people from buying them of their own free will.

They do have expiration dates on them, but not for that day. They are usually good for a couple of months. The odd thing about this is that they are selling multiple tickets and people are only given one each. And it is extremely rare to receive them.

Wow! I hope Disney isn't going to go the way of the other park and start selling a front of line pass. That would stink! I like my fast pass!

:wave:Oh Hi Wacky!!! Hope you enjoyed your trip!!! It was magical just reading about your castle stay!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

murphy1
05-09-2007, 11:49 AM
The baby swap ones say rider switch on them. What I don't get is, is it one for each person or one for an entire party? I sold a AAA Diamond Parking pass for $40 on Ebay a couple years ago. I seriously thought I would only get $5 for it and it was only good for half the year left!

CleveSJM
05-09-2007, 12:05 PM
This is almost surely a scam. Buyer beware for sure.

First, anyone remotely knowledgeable in WDW know the value of these re-entry passes are not that much, even on the "black market."

Second, they are non-transferable and should not be allowed on eBay. eBay should remove the item and censor the seller when reported. Most of these sellers even say they have more they will sell later, not in an auction. That is a huge red flag. Once you buy off eBay, even with Paypal, you have little recourse.

Lastly, the "winners" of these high dollar auctions are not paying the seller. It is collusion to make the price seem high. They are most likely a friend or even the seller under a different account, bidding on their own items. They saw they pay and give each other good feedback comments, but it's all collusion.

Stay away from any kind of auction like this. We all know the lines aren't that bad and regular FastPasses get you where you need to be...