PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling April 20-29, 2007 Day 9

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Me: Jennifer (Galactic Hero -- 37yr old in a 60yr old body with a 12yr old approach!)
DH: Brian (39) – my partner in crime for 14 married years (on Apr 17) and numerous WDW adventures!
DS8: Harry – seasoned WDW veteran, lover of the shooting gallery and arcades – usually patient and accommodating older sibling.
DS3: Euan – knows his way around the parks – fan of Splash, Test Track, TTA and Spaceship Earth. “If he’s not running; he’s asleep!”

Day 9 – Saturday April 28, 2007

I was up early to get things pulled together before our 8 am ADR at Donald’s. Brian said he had settled some, and wanted to go … so we went. There was a bit of a queue at the parking entrance, as the kiosks did not open until 7:45 – but we were soon on our way. Harry’s friends actually ended up parking directly behind us! The mother informed us that her older son had been sick earlier in the week, and that her younger son was ill that morning – but she felt he would perk up a bit. Needless to say he was ill in the bushes on our way over to Donald’s. We were seated pretty quickly at a decent table, no too far from the buffet. The buffet is not spectacular, but the fruit was really quite nice. Brian opted for some cold cereal. Goofy was the first to arrive at our table, and he came right over to me. He wagged his hand in my face (bypassing the 4 boys across from me) for the autograph books – which he whipped through – then he kind of slumped around for a grudging photo. I was so ticked – but nobody else at the table seemed to notice anything, so I didn’t say anything. Donald, Mickey and Pluto (a very nice Pluto) where whisked through and we were out the door within 30 minutes. This is the single worst character dining experience we have ever had. I was reluctant to go, but was agreeable because Harry wanted to see his friend – We will never go again. There are so many other – much better Character breakfast’s around. We went over to Dinosaur where everyone but Brian and Harry’s friend rode, then Harry, the younger brother, the father and I rode again. Lots of fun! We went out to see It’s Tough to Be a Bug, then because the wait for the Safari was too long, and we weren’t planning on staying at AK for much longer, we took the train up to the Conservation Station. The kids had a great time on the train, then brushing the goats. Harry’s friends bought starter lanyards, and started to trade pins immediately (I got a black and white Mickey from one of them!) – and a really nice CM gave Euan a little Anime Pluto to put on his hat. Another CM gave Euan a certificate for colouring such a nice picture at the table. It was pretty special for him. We took the train back to Africa, and decided to call it a day. Brian was wiped, and I was ready to not travel in a group of 8.

Brian was on the fence about our Chef Mickey’s dinner ressies. Our breakfast had been such a disappointment that we wanted to rectify it some….but in the end, we cancelled. He just needed to take a break. We spent most of the afternoon lounging by the pool – ok not lounging with a 3 year old – but hanging out at the pool, then grabbing a pizza for the kids at the food court (I had Quesedilla). It wasn’t our plan, but it was quite enjoyable. Euan went to bed, then Brian and Harry went to the Arcade for a final fling. I stayed back to pack things up, as we were checking out in the morning.

pogo
05-07-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm glad Brian was feeling a little better today. :thumbsup:

And I'm sorry your Character breakfast wasn't a good experience.:( That's why Patti and i don't do them. And we don't have any little kiddies. :nope: And we don't get up early while on vacation. :shake:

But we love the pizza at POFQ !:D

offwego
05-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I've had one great and two blah expereinces there. And the blah's (much like yours) were enough to make me stick it on the no thanks list.

Sorry Brian was still feeling poorly.

disneydrmr
05-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Yep, our experience at Donald's Breakfast there was also a complete waste of time and money. Sorry you had such a bad one also! And sorry Brian still wasn't feeling 100%.

faline
05-08-2007, 10:24 AM
What a disappointing breakfast!

Sorry to hear that Brian is still under the weather. At least you got to accomplish a few things and hanging out at the pool is always pleasant!

KylesMom
05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
This is the single worst character dining experience we have ever had I'm sorry that this get-together didn't turn out as planned. We've heard enough questionable things about Donald's that we've just stayed away from it. Sounds like a good thing, too.

Oh, I hate the last night! I can't believe your holiday has almost come to an end! :(

sleepingbooty
05-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Glad to hear Brian was feeling a bit better, downtime at the pool is always a good time at POFQ anyway!

January-2007
05-08-2007, 01:31 PM
What a bummer about breakfast. Glad your DS got to see his friend though. Pool time is always fun. Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
05-09-2007, 01:56 AM
:mickey: I'm glad to hear Brian was feeling better, but too bad about Donald's - that is so disappointing after the amount of $$ you spend. Seems like a lot of people feel the same - nice to know before we decide to spend the $$ to go there!! I'm sad this was your last day - I've enjoyed your reports!

DizNee143
05-09-2007, 02:47 PM
sorry to hear breakfast wasnt all that great..and i hope no one else gets sick on this trip!!..hope everyone was feeling better fast!! :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-11-2007, 06:45 PM
When Brian and I talked he told me about being sick, but man, what a bummer. So sorry about your breakfast experience. Good to know not to ever try that out. In fact, I just read that it is going to close and Tusker House is going to have a character dining deal instead. That will be interesting.

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Sorry breakfast was such a bust. Glad Brian felt a little better. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

ElenitaB
05-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Glad to see that Brian was feeling better.

Sorry you had a disappointing experience at Donald's. We enjoyed our time there but it was definitely off-season and quite a few years ago. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's interested to see how the new character meal will be over at Tusker House.

Packing is such sweet sorrow, don't you think?