PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling April 20-29, 2007 Day 8

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Me: Jennifer (Galactic Hero -- 37yr old in a 60yr old body with a 12yr old approach!)
DH: Brian (39) – my partner in crime for 14 married years (on Apr 17) and numerous WDW adventures!
DS8: Harry – seasoned WDW veteran, lover of the shooting gallery and arcades – usually patient and accommodating older sibling.
DS3: Euan – knows his way around the parks – fan of Splash, Test Track, TTA and Spaceship Earth. “If he’s not running; he’s asleep!”

Day 8 – Friday April 27, 2007

We had our Sci-Fi lunch date today. The Sci Fi is a favourite of both boys and after our ‘Ohana disappointment, I wanted to be sure to get there! Brian wasn’t feeling 100%, but we went and rode the Tower of Terror and went back to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground for another spin. We checked in at the Sci Fi and were seated almost immediately. Brian and I had burgers, Euan had pasta, Harry had pizza, then the kids had sundaes. Very tasty – and the movies are fun! Brian was really under the weather by this time, so we left to go back to the resort so he could rest. All I’m going to say is that it was a good thing. I have never seen a sicker person in my life – and I felt sorry for the poor kids. I couldn’t leave Brian unattended (he was VERY sick), so they were stuck watching movies for most of the day. I ended up cancelling our ADR for Kona that night (I was so sad – but what could I do?) – and spending just $13 at the POFQ food court (love that DDE discount!) getting the three of us dinner. It wasn’t Kona – but it was tasty. I was able to buy Brian some gingerale and basic over the counter cures. It was a long day for everyone…but nobody complained.

I tried calling Disney Dining to change our ADR at Donald’s Breakfastasaurus for the next morning. We were to meet a boy from Harry’s hockey team and his family for breakfast there on Saturday morning. I thought that maybe I could reduce the reservation to 4 and then call them to tell them to have fun….but I wasn’t able to. Brian assured me that he wanted to go (I had no desire whatsoever!) so don’t worry about it. So I went to bed.

pogo
05-07-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry Brian was feeling so bad.:ill: I know how much you had looked forward to your dinner at Kona. I hope he was feeling better the next morning. :D

offwego
05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm sorry Brian didn't feel well. Sounds like you made the best of it.

disneydrmr
05-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Poor Brian... hope he bounced quickly back to his old self!

faline
05-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh my! No fun at all! Sorry Brian is under the weather!

KylesMom
05-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Oh, I know from firsthand experience how awful it is when one of you get sick. I hope that whatever it was vacated Brian's system in a hurry so that the end of your trip can be a joyous one.:(

sleepingbooty
05-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh, what a bummer! Poor Brian:sick: I hope day 9 is better for him:thumbsup:

January-2007
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm so sorry your DH got sick! That's never fun, especially while on vacation. I'm glad your boys had a good time at the Sci Fi. Here's hoping everybody is feeling 100% soon. :mickey:

BriarRose0708
05-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Too bad Brian wasn't feeling his best. I'm glad you like Sci-Fi, I am probably going there for the first time in October and have heard mostly mixed reviews.

Dsnygirl
05-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Sorry to hear Brian ended up not feeling well - that's always a bummer on vacation. But it sounds like your boys handled it well - that certainly helps an awful lot! Hoping to hear he felt better in the morning!!

DizNee143
05-09-2007, 02:28 PM
sorry Brian wasnt feeling all that great!! i hope he gets better!!...:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Big bummer that you had to miss your ressie at Kona...I know how much you and the family love that place. However, luckily you will be back in merely a couple of months!!:thumbsup: I am so sorry that Brian got so sick on the trip. Nothing is worse!

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2007, 11:39 AM
So sorry Brian got sick. I hope he felt better the next day. I'm going to find out now;)

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

ElenitaB
05-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Sorry to hear that Brian got sick... speeding onto your next day with hopes that he got better quickly!