PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling April 20-29, 2007 Day 7

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Me: Jennifer (Galactic Hero -- 37yr old in a 60yr old body with a 12yr old approach!)
DH: Brian (39) – my partner in crime for 14 married years (on Apr 17) and numerous WDW adventures!
DS8: Harry – seasoned WDW veteran, lover of the shooting gallery and arcades – usually patient and accommodating older sibling.
DS3: Euan – knows his way around the parks – fan of Splash, Test Track, TTA and Spaceship Earth. “If he’s not running; he’s asleep!”

Day 7 – Thursday April 26, 2007

It was EMH at MK, so we decided to make the most of it if we ever wanted to ride Peter Pan. We went round to Tomorrowland to ride SM and Buzz. Brian and Harry were still not back after our tour with the Space Rangers, so we opted for a spin on the TTA. Wouldn’t you know it, as it went through the tunnel at Space Mountain, Brian and Harry were making their way up the launch in their SM car? Harry and I waved to each other – I know it was dark, but we knew it was each other…..and sure enough when they got off and we met up – it was! What a secret super magic moment for this Mommy! We went into the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. We all really enjoyed the show – and would recommend this to everyone. The kids wanted to ride the Indy cars, so off they went, while I went into Star Traders (The Merchant of Venus was not yet open) to peruse the merchandise…then over to the viewing stands to attempt photos of the kids. Harry loves this ride, as he can go on his own – this means that Brian can take Euan out (I cannot get in and out of the cars). Euan wanted to ride the Carrousel, so they did (and again I took pictures), and FINALLY we were able to ride Peter Pan. Euan LOVES Tick-Tock and therefore he LOVES this ride – but the wait time is always so ridiculously long – and fast passes are gone so quickly too….I was glad we got a flight in! We went round to the Haunted Mansion (we can’t pass it by!) then over to the Shooting Gallery for a bit. The boys found two guns at the far left that kept shooting without inserting additional coins….so I called it a bit of a Magic Moment for them… ‘cause their money was about gone! We went over to Splash for fastpasses, then used some rider passes (graciously given to us by another guest on our first night) to fastpass through BTMRR. I knew that the kids would love the Railroad – but it is really hard on my knees – I had to bite the bullet, because I wanted to ride it with them….so we did. I couldn’t believe the way the queue snaked around and around. How ever long did people have to wait in stand-by? NUTS! It is a great little ride, and both the boys really enjoyed it (wanting to ride it again of course!) but I got bashed up good – and was glad to move on. Our time for Splash had arrived. We all love Splash, but have yet to get a good photo – one trip! We checked out Pirates, but the wait time was 40 minutes – so we decided to hit Casey’s then go back to the POFQ for a swim.

Brian and I had our 14th wedding anniversary the week before, but decided to celebrate it by going out for an adult dinner whilst we were at WDW. So we arranged for Kid’s Nite Out to come to our place at 6:30 to hang with the kids, and we were going to meet Natazu and Sagessa at the California Grill for dinner at 7:30. Sarah arrived at 6:30 – She was actually on the Recreation Staff over at Riverside, and just had to stroll across the way to get to our place. She was very nice and connected with the boys. She asked a series of questions then we were off!

We used the Valet at the Contemporary (I love my DDE card!) and went inside to meet Jym and Rachel – whom we had met on Sunday at the Mini-Meet. They arrived, and we went upstairs to the restaurant. Jym and Rachel are regular patrons, so they knew their way around. We got some drinks from the bar, and went outside to look at the view and talk. It was quite beautiful and we could really see so much from up there. In no time our buzzer went off, and we were taken to a very nice window seat. We had a lovely meal – We shared the cheese board and a chicken flatbread, then Jym had the Goat Cheese Ravioli, Rachel had the 3 Cheese flatbread, Brian had the sashimi trio and I had the spicy sushi – really lovely food – and the presentation of the sushi was beautiful. For the main course, my dining partners all went for the Beef Filet and I had Arctic Char. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. For dessert the 3 amigos had the Chocolate cake (I can’t remember what it was called!) and I had the Pineapple one – Everything was really lovely, and our waiter was quite attentive to our requests. The topper was that we were able to watch wishes over our coffee. Spectacular! You can see how far away the fireworks are deployed from… it was very special. Thanks for sharing such a great night with us Jym and Rachel!!

We got back to the resort some time after 11. Euan was asleep, but Harry was watching a movie. Sarah said it had been a great night, and that they were good kids…so I was happy. Harry said that he enjoyed it --- Once. So – it looks like we might do this kind of thing more often on our holidays!

pogo
05-07-2007, 11:55 AM
What a special treat you had on this night. :cloud9: Jym and Rachel are fun to hang around with, but to actually experience a meal with these two Disney Dining Experts is fantastic ! :thumbsup:

Nobody knows the little dining gems that these two do. I'm a little jealous !:blush:

I can't wait to read more. :D

offwego
05-07-2007, 03:13 PM
What a cool day. Love the cali grill night! what a fun way to celebrate.:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
05-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Sounds like a special night of celebrating your anniversary! Congrats again on your 14 years of marriage!

KylesMom
05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
How ever long did people have to wait in stand-by? NUTS! This always amazes us on BTMR as well. And the queue is always SO HOT!

Happy belated Anniversary - what a special night out for you guys. I'm pleased that your experience at Cali Grill was a good one!:mickey:

faline
05-08-2007, 12:04 PM
A real :thumbsup: day! Great fun in the Magic Kingdom for the whole family! Great dining for mom and dad in the evening! California Grill is one of my favorites!

sleepingbooty
05-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Sounds like another great I-cot meet - glad you were able to take advantage of Kids Nite Out and sneak in some adult time!

January-2007
05-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Sounds like you had a lovely night out with some great views and some great company. I haven't gone to the morning EMH in so long, glad you were finally able to ride the ever elusive Peter Pan before the crowds got too thick. Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
05-09-2007, 01:47 AM
:mickey: What a fun day! Pretty cool you and Harry saw each other - moments like that are awesome. Glad to hear you had such a nice anniv. dinner - sounds like it was just beautiful seeing Wishes from there - yes, I am sounding wistful here... :blush: ... and I'm glad to here Kids Nite Out worked so well!!! That bodes well for October!! :D

DizNee143
05-09-2007, 02:20 PM
sounds like a great day in MK!!...and glad you had a wonderful dinner at the California Grill..with Natazu and Sagessa...and its also good to hear you kids had a good time with the sitter...:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I am SO happy for you and Brian that you were finally able to check out the Cali Grill. I love this place and Jen and I make it a MUST DO for every trip! We have been very fortunate to always have sitters with us on our trips so that we don't have to worry about the kids!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2007, 11:37 AM
California Grill is one of my favorites too:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

ElenitaB
05-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Brian and Harry were still not back after our tour with the Space Rangers, so we opted for a spin on the TTA. Wouldn’t you know it, as it went through the tunnel at Space Mountain, Brian and Harry were making their way up the launch in their SM car? Harry and I waved to each other – I know it was dark, but we knew it was each other…..and sure enough when they got off and we met up – it was! What a secret super magic moment for this Mommy!
That is soooo cool! I know that you and Harry will both remember that moment for a while.

So glad you enjoyed your evening at Cali Grill. Nothing like great food and wonderful company!