PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling April 20-29, 2007 Day 4

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Me: Jennifer (Galactic Hero -- 37yr old in a 60yr old body with a 12yr old approach!)
DH: Brian (39) – my partner in crime for 14 married years (on Apr 17) and numerous WDW adventures!
DS8: Harry – seasoned WDW veteran, lover of the shooting gallery and arcades – usually patient and accommodating older sibling.
DS3: Euan – knows his way around the parks – fan of Splash, Test Track, TTA and Spaceship Earth. “If he’s not running; he’s asleep!”

Day 4 – Monday April 23, 2007

We woke up at 10 am! Our breakfast ADR at the Crystal Palace was at 8:05. Don’t think we’re gonna make this one! I felt bad – because some poor kid missed a chance at that ressie because of us. Sorry whoever you are! We didn’t let the kids in on this situation – we didn’t need anarchy prior to our morning coffee! So we took the boat to Downtown Disney. It is convenient – but I think I prefer the bus. The sound of the engine really upset Euan – and I had the Captain making snide remarks about well behaved children getting souveniers over the loud speaker – I just smiled. He wasn’t worth the effort! Anyhow…we arrived Downtown and went into the Pin store – Brian was still looking for a new pin, and nothing had struck his fancy yet. I took the kids outside to ride the silly little locomotive while we waited. Then over to the Disney Mobile shack…I got a nice Mickey Cover and charm for my RAZR (I wanted Steamboat Willie of course, but they did not have him…so Modern Mickey would do!). The boys wanted :bar: :bar: -- so while Brian tended to that, I went into Ghirardelli’s for a milkshake. It cost me $5 – but it was one of the best things I’ve ever had…and worth every penny!! We went over to the LEGO store so Harry could drop his bundle – He got some Star Wars Lego stuff – Euan bought a little robot kit – and I bought some LEGO Star Wars T-shirts for Harry. The kids wanted to go to McDonald’s, so we did, and then caught the bus back to POFQ.

After some RnR at the hotel, we got cleaned up to go to Epcot. We had dinner reservations at Marrakesh, and with any luck, we might run into Pogo and Patti who were there to see the show at the America pavilion. I called to leave a message in Pogo’s room to let him know what we were up to. We got great parking, and headed in to ride SSE (of course!) then start our walk around the world. As we approached our destination, Harry looked at me with his almost 9 year old innocence and asked “Is this the restaurant with the Belly Dancer” and raised his eyebrows. I stifled a laugh and told him it was. He said “All right!” … now I’m not sure if that was because of the dancer, or because he remembered how much he enjoyed We made it to Morocco in plenty of time, checked in and were seated at a great table right on the performance floor in no time. We ordered the Chicken Bastilla, Beef Brewat Rolls and Jasmina’s Salad to start. The Beef was nice (I loved the cinnamon!), but we felt the Bastilla was dry. The boys ordered spaghetti, Brian ordered the Lemon Chicken and I had the Lamb Shank with Couscous. The food was served promptly and was as delicious as always. Funny enough – I had no trouble keeping the kids at the table…. Hmm? While I was waiting for the bill, Brian took the boys outside to look around. I was amused by the people at the table next to us, who were discussing how to tip in their no so subtle stage whispers. “Well Disney prices are all inflated, so I would never tip more than 10 percent at one of these restaurants. Especially with all that money going back to a foreign country!” . I was horrified! I have never had anything but superior and courteous service at Marrakesh…it is a shame that some patrons suffer from such tunnel vision!

After dinner we took a stroll over Norway way. One of Harry’s assignments was to discuss early settlements within one of the World Showcase countries. He decided upon Norway, due to the Canadian Viking connection at L’Anse Aux Meadows. We got lots of photos from the Stave Church and through the Maelstrom for him to use in his report. We were disappointed that the movie wasn’t showing at the end (probably the only folks who were!) as we wanted more information, and potential pamphlets. After the Maelstrom, we went to watch the trains in Germany, then to get some ice cream from the Refreshment Outpost (my kids eat a lot of ice cream). We ended up in Mexico to ride the new Gran Fiesta Tour. There was no line to speak of so we got right on. The changes were minimal in our opinion – just a few cartoon fowl guys here and there…..and we all enjoyed it. Since there was still an empty queue when we were done, the CM let us go around again without de-boating. As we exited the pyramid, Illuminations was starting. I think it is my favourite of all the shows, and it makes me cry every time (what a geek…I know!). We started to make our way around to the pathway to FutureWorld as the display was ending…then made a relatively timely exit from the park. What a great evening! When we got back to the hotel there was a message from Pogo asking if we could hook up the next day – and just as I was about to call him back – he called again! We made plans for noonish the next day and called it a night.

pogo
05-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry we missed each other at Epcot. :( We were already gone before you called and didn't get the message until we returned at about 9:45 PM.

I'm glad you had a great day. :D

faline
05-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Sorry you missed your breakfast. The rest of the day was very nice!

offwego
05-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Another great day. Glad you had so much fun.

disneydrmr
05-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Wow, sleeping until 10am? That's amazing! I'm lucky to sleep till 8am when I'm on a vacation... too bad that meant missing your breakfast - but sounds like you recovered and another fun day was had by all!

KylesMom
05-07-2007, 05:33 PM
“Is this the restaurant with the Belly Dancer” and raised his eyebrows. I stifled a laugh and told him it was. He said “All right!” … Precious! I must admit, this is one experience we have yet to try.

Another wonderful day for all of you, Jenn! Thanks for sharing all of the details with us! :mickey:

sleepingbooty
05-07-2007, 08:02 PM
OMG, I wonder if that was the same boat captain we had last September - he gushed over my 3 yr old, giving her a co captain pin - but completely ignored her older sister:(

January-2007
05-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Another fun filled day. The movie wasn't playing when we went on Maelstrom in January either. "My kids eat a lot of ice cream" too funny. I'm enjoying your reports! :mickey:

DizNee143
05-08-2007, 02:59 PM
yet another great day...sorry you guys missed breakfast..but i guess it was better you guys slept in for a bit..with everythign you have been doing!!..thanx for sharing!! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-09-2007, 01:26 AM
:mickey: Jenn, I am really enjoyoing your reports - it's almost like being there! I don't see how you remember the details so perfectly!! I'll have to find one of those Ghiardelli shakes... sounds yumm!! Glad you had such a fun day... :thumbsup:

Septbride2002
05-10-2007, 02:15 PM
I always cry during Illuminations too.

HndrdPrcnt
05-11-2007, 06:21 PM
That's my boy Harry!! Good on him for remembering the belly dancer!! Too bad about the breakfast ressies, but it sounded like sleeping in was nice as well.

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2007, 02:47 AM
When we did the Grand Fiesta Tour there was a long line, I couldn't believe it. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

ElenitaB
05-13-2007, 11:52 PM
So the boys liked the entertainment at Marrakesh, huh? ;)

Sounds like another great day! :thumbsup:

marlyn
05-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Another great day Jenn! We went to Marakesh on our last trip and loved it!