PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling April 20-29, 2007 Day 3

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Me: Jennifer (Galactic Hero -- 37yr old in a 60yr old body with a 12yr old approach!)
DH: Brian (39) – my partner in crime for 14 married years (on Apr 17) and numerous WDW adventures!
DS8: Harry – seasoned WDW veteran, lover of the shooting gallery and arcades – usually patient and accommodating older sibling.
DS3: Euan – knows his way around the parks – fan of Splash, Test Track, TTA and Spaceship Earth. “If he’s not running; he’s asleep!”

Day 3 – Sunday April 22, 2007

Brian was up first, then me, then the kids got going just after 8 (we let them wake on their own). We were on our way over to Epcot in no time. We all love Epcot and looked forward to seeing some of the terrific topiaries and displays put up for the Flower and Garden Festival. We weren’t disappointed – we were greeted by a beautiful pirate ship – complete with Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Tink and Euey’s absolute favourite – Tick-Tock. We had a photo taken and then walked up the ramp to ride Spaceship Earth. This is another family favourite and I was relieved that it’s rehab did not occur whilst we were visiting! We got off, retrieved Euan’s cart, and went over to TT for fast passes – we had about 40 minutes to kill, so Brian and Harry went on Mission Space, and Euan and I took our regular posts inside Mission Control at the end of the ride, where he played in the tubes, then on some of the games. Brian and Harry joined us after their successful Mission and we left the cool of the area to ride Test Track. I am the carrier of all important things – park passes, car keys, Buzz toys, band aids and wet wipes. In that capacity, I am also responsible for the fast passes. When I pulled the passes out of their special hidey place I realized that I only had 3 – and I needed 4! I offered to sit out while the boys rode (Euan kept saying “Mom! C’mon! Mom!!!! C’mon!”) – I sticked it out sitting on a lovely sunny bench in the hinterland between the ride’s entrance and exit. I didn’t mind the wait, and the boys loved their ride….so it was all good! We walked across Future World to ride Figment – There is NEVER a wait (in my experience at least) for this little ride – and the guys love it – Harry and I did a photo and e-mailed it home, and then we went over to the Land. There was still a little time before our lunch ADR at the Garden Grill – so we rode the boat – which is nice, but I preferred the live guide to the recorded one. We de-boated and went upstairs to check in at the Garden Grill. We were seated in no time. The Garden Grill is a great place – the character interaction is fantastic (we had lots of visits with Mickey, Pluto and Chip and Dale) and the food is really very good. We got lots of autographs and pictures and with our bellies full – we headed out to go back to the resort for some R and R before meeting Pogo and Patti and Natazu and Sagessa over at Citricos at 4:45.

We all rested then got cleaned up to drive over to MK. We decided to leave our car there, since we would be at the park for EMH that night. We took the monorail over to the Grand Floridian to meet up with our fellow Intercottees. We met up with Pogo and Patti right away, and a few minutes later, Jym and Rachel (Natazu and Sagessa) arrived. Brian and I decided to child swap for this meet – so he went with the other adults for a drink, while I went with the other children in search of an Arcade. A half hour later or so, we swapped, and I got to finish Brian’s margarita and chat for a bit. Easy conversation – and really nice people. It got to be Jym and Rachel’s dinnertime, so we parted ways until the full-blown meet at the Jungle Cruise – Pogo and Patti took a cruise across to MK, and we opted for the monorail. We went to Tomorrowland to get Buzz fastpasses, and to ride the TTA. The kids were hungry and wanted to see Sonny Eclipse – so we ate at Cosmic Rays Starlight Café. We love the show and the food is decent (a great fixin’s bar!). After dinner it was time for our Buzz mission (I am a Galactic Hero after all….I have a responsibility). We went across to ride HM, and to spend some time at the Shooting Gallery…we checked out Splash, but the wait time was too long, and the fastpass time was not convenient. We attempted to ride BTMRR, but it had broken down, so we opted for another Pirate cruise …. and eventually we were led over to the Jungle Cruise and our Intercot Meet. It was great to meet so many fellow enthusiasts! We enjoyed it very much! Unfortunately, we had to bail at about 11:30 – our kids were beat!

pogo
05-07-2007, 11:19 AM
This was another great day. :mickey:

Boy, you guys did a lot ! No wonder you headed back to POFQ before we did !

On to read day four. :D

offwego
05-07-2007, 12:49 PM
:thumbsup: The flower and garden show sounds fantastic. Glad you had such a good time. I'm having a great deal of fun reading your reports and appreciate all the time your taking..thanks!!

disneydrmr
05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Another ride on Buzz without posting about your score? Is this a "once a galactic hero - always a galactic hero'? ;)

Sounds like another fun and long day! Next time I'm down there I'm gonna have to eat at the Garden Grill... keep hearing great things about it!

sleepingbooty
05-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Another gread day:thumbsup:

faline
05-08-2007, 11:14 AM
That Pirate Ship sounds terrific! Sorry about the missing fast pass.

The Intercot meet must have been fun!

January-2007
05-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Another great day. Sleeping in can do wonders, can't it? Sounds like you had a good plan there with the "child swap" at the Grand Floridian. Too funny! And yes, you did have a responsibility after all to ride Buzz Lightyear. How'd you do? Thanks for taking the time to report on your trip! Can't wait to see the flowers in Epcot, less than 3 weeks and counting! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
05-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Another action packed day! I am glad you had a great time at the mini-meet, it makes me super excited for the big meet up for the October Anniversary Party!

Can't wait to read more :mickey:

DizNee143
05-08-2007, 02:45 PM
another great day...boy you guys really know how to do alot in one day!!! seemsed everyone had a good time at the intercot meet!!! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-09-2007, 01:06 AM
:mickey: Wow! You're kids are troopers... 11:30!! Good for them! Glad to hear today was so fun - you guys fit a lot into one day! :thumbsup: On to read Day four....

Jimenyfan
05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Jenn,

I know what you mean about being the holder of all things important, thats me in my family, DH and the boys go through the no bag line and wait for me on the other side. Sorry about the missing TT FP but it sounds like you still had a great day.

HndrdPrcnt
05-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Sounds like another great day. I am so jealous of the meal with Sonny. I love Cosmic Rays. What a great selection of food and the entertainment, not bad for an alien!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Sounds like another great day. You guys really do alot. The mini meet sounds great. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

ElenitaB
05-13-2007, 11:46 PM
You and Brian have the parenting thing figured out: that was a stroke of genius to do child swapping at the GF! :thumbsup:

We walked across Future World to ride Figment – There is NEVER a wait (in my experience at least) for this little ride
Believe it or not, there was a line back to the lab doors Thanksgiving week (U.S. Thanksgiving, that is). I was shocked!

marlyn
05-20-2007, 09:39 PM
We enjoyed meeting your family very much Jenn! Lets do it again real soon!!! :thumbsup: