PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #22

King Triton
05-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Although the addition of Expedition:Everest has changed it somewhat, Animal Kingdom has had the reputation of being a "partial day" park. So, suppose you are going to Animal Kingdom for part of a day. Do you:

Go at park opening and leave in late AM/early PM or
Go in late AM or early PM and stay until park closing (5/6 PM)

Y100Q23 will likely appear on Tuesday. but it will be in the "Vacation Planning beyond Disney" thread

avantgardeinker
05-07-2007, 09:24 AM
We always go in the morning, have lunch at Tusker House and then hop to another park to spend the rest of the day. If you get there later and leave at closing, you're hopping twice in a day and it takes up more time than we want to spend in transition. We also like to get to the safari as soon as the park opens.

213 more days!!!:mickey:

darthmacho
05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
I think an AK part day is best in the morning when one can jump on the Safari multiple times in a row, and enjoy some cooler walks around the animal trails.:sun:

I prefer mornings at all of the parks, though Epcot might be an exception. :moon:

Tynkerbelle
05-07-2007, 10:14 AM
I would prefer to sleep in and have a leisurely breakfast.

Mickey91
05-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I prefer to sleep in.

Dreamer7080
05-07-2007, 11:04 AM
We are not morning people at all. I'd rather have a few more hours of sleep and hit up the parks later in the day.

EvilQueen2006
05-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Definately AM. Either get there for extra magic hour in the morning, or plan a breakfast at Donald's before the park opens.

merlinmagic4
05-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I chose early am. I had read on Intercot to get on the Safari right away to see lots of animals and they were right! I think we saw every animal there! It was amazing :thumbsup:

Figment78
05-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Morning!!!! Even though my Animal Kingdom mug says "I don't do mornings" with a sleepy tiger....

Animal kingdom doesn't have enough air-conditioned attractions for me to go there mid-afternoon!

FantasmicJ
05-07-2007, 11:59 AM
I chose mornings. Even though I am not a morning person, I've always had the best luck seeing animals on the Safari in the mornings. They are the most active at that time. It is worth the price I pay for being sleepy.

battle beast
05-07-2007, 12:10 PM
I find it a half day park myself, but since I was only there once, I can't say FOR SURE. At any rate, I will decide better when I go in November.

BigRedDad
05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I am a morning person. Even if I weren't, there is no way I could be sleeping at my resort or having a leisurely breakfast while the park was open (assuming we were going to a park that day). I am worse than a kid when it comes to that.

Figgyluv03
05-07-2007, 12:29 PM
I was only there the last hour to see Tarzan Rocks when I was working there, so on my next trip I'm thinking of heading there first thing in the morning. I hear that's when the animals are mostly out

2Epcot
05-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I am a morning person. Even if I weren't, there is no way I could be sleeping at my resort or having a leisurely breakfast while the park was open (assuming we were going to a park that day).

I'm the same way. I don't get to WDW so often, so when I'm there I want to make the most of the time the parks are open. We always get there in the morning. Not always when the gates open, but with the first hour or so.

2Epcot
05-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Duplicate post

Vanlandingham
05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
We always arrive in the morning. While AK is still a partial day park, we find that we stay about 2-3 hours longer than we used to these days.

larandtra
05-07-2007, 01:26 PM
In general..Go at opening or even better on Extra Magic Hours mornings. If we do that, we can normally knock AK out by 1 or 2 at teh latest, have lunch at teh Rainforest Cafe and then either go back to the hotel and relax for the evening or hit another park late for the fireworks or shows. We always end up going back on another morning, but, usually leave that day by noon.

castlelady36
05-07-2007, 02:20 PM
We always head to AK in the early a.m. and head out late afternoon to MK or EPCOT. Mornings are my fav at WDW....just can't explain it but waking up and walking into the parks in the morning is the best!!!!

indytraveler
05-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Go early, leave early and don't go back. EE, Safari and Dinosaur can only do so much.

prttynpnk
05-07-2007, 02:29 PM
definitely morning!
'And if you crane your necks, you can almost see 2 lions sleeping behind that big rock'
Thats pretty much how the safari seems to be after about 11am.....

mook3y
05-07-2007, 02:34 PM
so far our days at AK have always been to eat at Boma b4 park opens, hit the park hard in the morning and head back to our resort for some swimming and to give our toddlers (read: us) a nap. :D

KylesMom
05-07-2007, 02:35 PM
We schedule a.m. EMH, do all the main attractions, have an early lunch at Pizzafari, take one last spin on whatever we have FPs for in our hands and head out early to mid afternoon. AK just seems so much HOTTER than the rest of the parks, and by 1 or 2 we're ready to go hit our resort pool. We always go back for another day for 5-6 hours, with the same schedule & catch any "misses" from our first park visit. I definitely believe it's more than 1/2 day park now, but it's just too hot to see and do everything in one day without all of us getting crabby (along with everyone else in the park). We've had some very bad experiences with guests in the afternoon at AK, and we'd prefer not to repeat them!:mickey:

BritCody
05-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Whatever park we go to we open it. We usually leave AK by 4:00 pm and go to dinner near the MK and spend the rest of the evening in the MK

Pop Centurion
05-07-2007, 02:38 PM
We usually do Breakfastosaurus at 10am and stay till close.

GrmGrninGost
05-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Arrive early, then you have the whole afternoon and evening to go to another park!:mickey:

Jared
05-07-2007, 03:06 PM
My family arrives at Animal Kingdom in the morning for Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safaris. After a nice lunch at Tusker House Restaurant, we hop to another park.

:)

MOJoe
05-07-2007, 04:02 PM
How do you vote if you like to do both? :confused: I abstain!

Bethanymouse
05-07-2007, 04:11 PM
We opt to go in the morning. AK is always so much hotter than the other parks and since we go in the summer we try to beat the heat the best we can!

WDWfeelslikehome
05-07-2007, 09:32 PM
It's the one park we make sure to get to early. We hit our rides (FP's) do the KS and walking trails, then end the day with a huge lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, one of our favorite eateries.

tinksmom02
05-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Go in early and get out early.

That's our plan of action no matter where we go. We find that the crowds are easier to manage earlier in the day, and just when things are starting to get unbearable, we're done!

snifflesmcg
05-08-2007, 01:40 AM
I am NOT a morning person by any stretch of the imagination (I even work 3rd shift) but I like to get up and hit up those 7 attractions that I wanna see and get out. Last year, I was so exahausted, I started dozing off during the Lion King show even though what I saw of it was fantastic. It's nice to see what you wanna see and go out for a nice dinner or do some shopping at Downtown Disney after.

RAIDER
05-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Always arrive early AM and make the most of the day :mickey:

January-2007
05-08-2007, 09:33 AM
We opened AK in January and were out of there by 11 AM. I voted for the first choice.

Dakota Rose
05-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I'll be the odd one. On our last trip, we went one day just after lunch and stayed for EMH that night. Then we went another day in the morning and left around 2pm. We really liked going in the afternoon better than the morning, so that's how I have it planned for our next trip. The park basically emptied out at closing and we only saw like 30 other people in the entire park. I'm sure there were more than that b/c of all the strollers parked but I don't know where they were!

lightyearfan
05-08-2007, 01:19 PM
what we usually do is get to the park for opening, then about 3ish, we'll head off to MGM and finish the day, and then mid week we'll head back to AK, fininsh off what we couldn't get done then after Mickeys Jammin Jungle Parade we'll leave the park and finish off at Epcot.

victor

dumbo ears
05-08-2007, 06:36 PM
id say get there late and leave when it closes. the reason is because it usually closes at 6 so if u wanted to eat somewhere that would be the perfect ime to leave

Crow
05-08-2007, 07:45 PM
yep i dont spend the day. usually dont even get there until my 3rd day or so.
then i go back to Epcot

CU Tiger
05-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Definitely the AM. The animals are friskier, it is cooler than the PM, and you can get a good fast pass time for Everest. :mickey:

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
05-09-2007, 06:44 AM
I went with morning for (2) reasons.
1. Early Fast pass to EE.
2. Usually more animals visible on the Safari.

TTA Metroliner
05-09-2007, 08:32 AM
I prefer the mornings. The animals seem more active and the trails are more enjoyable. The lines aren't quite as long and it seems you can ride/view attractions multiple times with little or no wait.

Kairi_7378
05-10-2007, 09:41 AM
We did AK on arrival day morning and park hopped to MGM for an early dinner and Fanstasmic. We didn't feel like we missed anything except the safari, so we came back to do thse another day! I think the parks are the best in the early AM, esp the AK because the animals are more comfy when it's still cool outside.

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm a morning guy so i'd rather arrive early when i'm fresh and rested. maybe take an afternoon nap and then go back for dinner and closing.
:goofy: