PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT -- Crowds During Wine Festival?

MNMS
05-07-2007, 09:04 AM
We're going to WDW Nov 9 - 19th and the Wine Festival will be at EPOCT from the 9th-12th.

Any idea how crowded that makes the park? Is it just the restaraunts or is it the attractions too? I know we could wait, but would rather not wait 4 days after our arrival to go to EPCOT.

Thanks for any help.

SBETigg
05-07-2007, 09:12 AM
It's a lot of fun and well worth visiting to take advantage of the F & W Festival. It does increase crowds at Epcot, especially in World Showcase, especially around meal times, and most especially on weekends. Friday and Saturday nights can be very crowded around World Showcase.

Future World crowds pick up slightly, too, but it's very manageable during the week and more crowded but still not unbearable on weekends. If you're in a scooter or pushing a stroller, World Showcase may be much harder to navigate than usual.

Sportster
05-07-2007, 12:25 PM
I've been to the F&W Festival twice and found the crowds to be very manageable. You may encounter a line here and there at various kiosks, but they usually move fairly quickly. We'll be stopping by this years as well, around mid October. It's very enjoyable...try some foods you wouldn't normally try.

Jasper
05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
While it has been a few years since we were there at exactly that time, but the two times were were there for the F&W festival we really didn't notice a huge difference in crowd sizes. The only exception was on the weekend but, even then it wasn't very bad.

WDW_Obsessed
05-07-2007, 03:15 PM
We have gone during Food and WIne a few times. The first weekend is definitley the busiest, but only at Epcot. Even with the increased crowds it was still manageable. The only thing I disliked was that there seemed to be a whole lot of young intoxicated people there that were a little loud and obnoxious on the Friday night of the festival. But besides that...it was still a blast!:thumbsup:

Ian
05-07-2007, 03:32 PM
The one thing worth noting is that it will also feel more crowded because of all the F&W kiosks they put up around the park. They take up a lot of walkway space and tend to clog things a little bit.

FYI, though, I would expect this year's crowds to be bigger than normal as attendance is up at the resort across the board.