PDA

View Full Version : AKL bunk beds

scrappy
05-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Hi all. I'm planning a stay at the AKL. We stayed there last fall in a Savannah view room and loved it. It's definitely our favorite resort :cloud9: This time I would really like to book Savannah view with bunk beds. I want to request a room with an Arusha Rock view, just like last time since I don't think the other savannahs are really that great, and we really like the 2nd floor. I know the general suggestion is to be on floors 3 or 4, but we really like the 2nd floor. It feels like you're actually on the savannah with the animals.

Anyway, I was wondering if they have bunk bed rooms that meet my request criteria (Arusha Rock, 2nd floor), so has anyone stayed in one? The location is most important to me, so if my chances are slim if I book a bunk bed room I'll just forgo the bunk beds.

Thanks for any input! :mickey:

hunnyluvsthemouse
05-07-2007, 10:56 AM
We stayed in Savannah View with bunk beds a few years ago, but I can't for the life of me remember what section we were in. :confused:

When we walked in the lobby, we would take the hall that was to the right, just past the inside fire pit. There was a pond outside our window, and to the left there was another section of rooms/balconies that we could see. But, we had lots of animals outside our room. A couple of mornings we got to see them drain the pond/clean it/and fill it back up. It was funny to see the birds sitting around waiting for them to put in the new water and then they would hop right in.

The AKL is one of our favorite resorts.