PDA

View Full Version : The Disneymooners Pre-trip Report! (May 26-June 3)

poeticeclipse
05-06-2007, 06:41 PM
UPDATED** Part two: bottom of page one
Part three: top of page two
Part four: bottom of page two

:mickey: Welcome!:mickey:

This is my first trip report! Boy, am I a brave soul (and an excited one). I've looked forward to having the time to start this for everyone on INTERCOT to enjoy. Here goes...

The Cast <-----Click! (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/poeticeclipse/disney/IMG_5245.jpg)

:groom: Matt My prince charming and one in a million. He's now almost as big of a Disney fan as I am. I'm working him up! I took him to WDW last June for his first trip ever and he's been hooked ever since. I even got him... pin trading! :D

:bride: Stacey This would be me! I've been a WDW lunatic since my first trip when I was 9 years old. A little history on why I got hooked... My father passed away of cancer when I was 6 years old. Before he passed away he told me that he wanted to 1) get me a pony and 2) take me to Walt Disney World. I never thought i'd get to the World. It just didn't seem possible as my mom never made a whole lot of money and I didn't think I was good enough to experience that wonderful place. When I was 9, my family surprised me and we boarded a plane to head to what would become my favorite place in the entire world. I swear that when I walk down Main Street I feel like my dad is just watching over me.:cloud9:

Now, i've done every bit of planning that I possibly could. Right down to figuring out according to statistics what park is the absolute best for each and every day to minimize our wait time and crowd levels. I've scheduled around Gay Days (Major crowds), and even around Star Wars Weekends (we can't wait to meet Warwick Davis, but once we do... we're out). My biggest fear is that i'll over plan and not enjoy one ounce of this trip. I'll make sure that i'll be fairly relaxed once we get there.... I promise!!

The Trip

Matt and I (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/poeticeclipse/disney/IMG_5329.jpg) are getting hitched on Friday, May 25th and will be heading to WDW early the next morning (we're brave... we know). Matt's brother will be driving us to Chicago for our plane leaving at 9:18 a.m. Before we know it we'll be non-stop to Pop Century!

Day One: Arrival Day - Epcot
ADR of the day: Coral Reef

Day Two - May 27th: Animal Kingdom
ADR of the day: Boma**

Day Three - May 28th Epcot
ADR of the day: Cape May Cafe

Day Four - May 29th Disney MGM-Studios
ADR of the day: Sci-Fi for lunch (Matt's favorite) and Mama Melrose for dinner

Day Five - May 30th Magic Kingdom
ADR of the day: Crystal Palace B-fast

Day Six - May 31st Disney MGM-Studios
ADR of the day: 50's Prime Time Cafe

Day Seven - June 1st Magic Kingdom
ADR of the day: 'Ohana

Day Eight - June 2nd Epcot
ADR of the day: Le Cellier

Day Nine - June 3rd Departure Day:confused: We have no exact plan for this day. Whatever we feel like... we'll do! We depart for the land of Michigan at 11:23 a.m. Most likely we'll just sleep in and hit the pool one last time. Oh yeah, and say goodbye to Stacy. :cry:

We have the Water Parks & More feature added on because we're suckers for wave pools and lazy rivers! Our schedule basically says where we start the day. Not necessarily where we're going to stay all day long. We like to park hop and we also love going back to swim in the bowling pin pool. So, if you're going to be at POP at the same time as us... just go to the bowling pin pool... we will for sure be there!

Thanks so much for reading my first installment of my Disneymooning pre-trip report. I'll keep you updated pretty much every day i'm sure. Have a magical Day!

faline
05-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding and Disneymoon! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

May524
05-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Have a GREAT time!!! I went on my DisneyMoon in January and it was so magical! Have an incredible time! :mickey:
Best of luck to you and your hubby!

RedSoxFan
05-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Have a great time in WDW.

BelleCiavo
05-07-2007, 08:34 AM
What a wise woman you are to marry a fellow Disney fan :mickey: Will you be wearing wedding ears? Have a magical homeymoon!

poeticeclipse
05-07-2007, 10:35 AM
What a wise woman you are to marry a fellow Disney fan :mickey: Will you be wearing wedding ears? Have a magical homeymoon!

I do feel pretty wise! ;) Of course we are wearing the wedding ears! I've been looking forward to it for so long. I put mine on the other day and had fun dancing around pretending I was walking down Main Street! hahaha.

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2007, 10:39 AM
What a great plan Stacey! I hope you have a magical Disneymoon! Congratulations to you and Matt!! :thumbsup:

pogo
05-07-2007, 01:18 PM
It looks like a wonderful plan !:cloud9:

I hope you and Matt enjoy this special time in your life !:thumbsup: You make a cute couple.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return. :D

sleepingbooty
05-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Aaawwww, you guys are adorable! Congratulations and have a great time!!:bride: :groom:

January-2007
05-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Oh I am just so excited for you! You are going to have a great time, I just know it! We also Honeymooned in WDW in January, and as fate may have it, we'll be at the Beach Club the exact same dates as you, weird, huh? Good luck getting a king bed (we didn't get one- we stayed at Pop also) and be sure to watch the fireworks at night from the "balcony" it's pretty romantic because there's usually no one out there at night so you can just enjoy the sights. Happy wedding and :congrats: to both of you. Enjoy your "Disney"moon, wear the buttons, you know, all that jazz.

baby minnie's mommy
05-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Enjoy being the princess of the celebration!:cloud9:
Don't worry - as you know, there are plenty of places at Disney to prop up the feet and have a romantic, relaxing moment when you start feeling stressed!:mickey:

Jimenyfan
05-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Hope you have a wonderful Disneymoon. I couldnt think of a more perfect way to start a marriage.:cloud9:

SBETigg
05-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Have such a great time! How exciting! Congratulations and best wishes for a wonderful Disney honeymoon and a beautiful life together. :bride: :groom:

Dsnygirl
05-09-2007, 02:19 AM
:mickey: Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! I hope you have a wonderful day and a magical Disneymoon - your plans sound perfect. I'm looking forward to reading your trip reports - have a WONDERFUL time!! :D

Bethanymouse
05-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Yeah! You are going to have a blast! Thanks for the report. I know you will have a great time. Enjoy the magic and take time to see all the little things. Congrats on getting married! Have a great disneymoon!

P.S.- great first trip report by the way- cant wait to read more!:mickey:

kminton
05-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Congratulations on the upcoming marriage and disneymoon. My husband, daughter and I will be there the same time you are. I've done the same type of planning (gone so far as creating a calendar with all the park hours and who has EMH for our stay).

If I'd known what Disney fanatics we would become, we probably would have honeymooned at Disney instead of going to St. Thomas - probably would have enjoyed it much more. As a matter of fact, we are celebrating our 15th anniversary while we will be down there this time - along with my birthday and my daughter's birthday.

Let's hope for wonderful weather and not-so-hot temperatures.

Kerri

BrerSchultzy
05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Wow! Your enthusiasm is so contagious. If only we were going down before June 08...oh well. From the way you write, I can tell that reading the trip report will be the next best thing to being there. Have a wonderful time!

poeticeclipse
05-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for checking in for the second installment of my Honeymoon pre-trip report.

American Idol is coming on soon so I have one half hour to get this done! hehe:D

The wedding plans are going pretty well. To be honest, it's not the "getting married" part that i'm nervous about... i'm nervous about the wedding day. It's the piddly things that I worry about. "Will the centerpieces get done right, will my flowers show up on time, is my hair going to look good..?" That kind of stuff. I'm trying to find ways to calm my nerves but it's getting very hard with so many people reminding me of all of the things that I have to get done in such a short amount of time. Granted, I've had 1 and a half years to plan... you would have thought i'd be on top of some little things by now. My face is breaking out terribly from the stress. I sure hope that it gets better closer to the wedding. Proactiv is sure making a bundle off of me. Maybe I need a .....:marg: ?

The Disney plans....well, that's the fun part of my day. I get so excited to talk about my honeymoon. It's going to be the time when the wedding planning will be done and I can just enjoy the time with my new hubby in the most magical place on Earth. Being a bank teller at a very small branch is wonderful because when we have slow days I can plan my honeymoon and get on INTERCOT to talk to all of you! On Tuesday I did my day schedule (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/poeticeclipse/DSC00457.jpg)as well as the park schedules (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/poeticeclipse/DSC00455.jpg)for the time that I will be there. I make sure that I include all extras such as parades and firework shows on the schedule as well. I'll take along a 1/2 inch 3 ring binder to put all of my travel stuff in. (itinerary, ADR conf. numbers, and flight information). Last year this was sooo helpful and I can't imagine not taking everything with me when I travel to the World.

The ol' man and I (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/poeticeclipse/DSC00133.jpg)cannot wait to be husband and wife. Sometimes I feel like we're already married even though we don't live together just yet. We're best friends (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/poeticeclipse/DSC00378.jpg)and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks for reading "part two" of my trip report! I'll keep you updated when something new comes up!

Kairi_7378
05-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I hope that you will always be as happy together as you are on your wedding day. Don't sweat too much about the wedding details... everything has a way of working out on your wedding day!

I was so excited to hear that someone else believes that taking a binder to Disney is a good thing. they are great for carrying ADR #'s, itineraries, etc. When I did that on our trip, my DH complained that I was crazy. It came in very useful, and DH had to change his tune when the guys at the ME counter praised my organizational skills!

KylesMom
05-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Stacey, Best Wishes on your upcoming nuptials! Trust me, there's no better place in the World than Disney for a honeymoon. You guys will be coming home shortly before we leave, but I hope we see trip reports from you - sounds like you're ready!!!:mickey:

MissStyles
05-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow.......you really have it all planned out! I'm sure you guys are going to have a blast. I'll be on the lookout for you :wave: ...as I'll be there during your first days there. Goodluck with the wedding too...I'm sure it'll all fall into place perfectly!!! :party:

k_reile
05-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and disneymoon. One word of advice is the day after your wedding not to over do anything and relax. DH and I honeymooned in St Lucia (thoough I pouted hard for Disney...but we had a great trip anyways) we flew out of Columbus around 7am the day after our wedding and by the time we got to St Lucia we were absoultley exhuasted. Take your time...enjoy each other and your trip.:mickey:

poeticeclipse
05-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Wedding Countdown: 11 days
Disneymoon Countdown: 12 days

It's getting so close! The wedding and Disneymoon that is! I'm getting more and more excited and more and more nervous as the days get closer. I'm still in such disbelief that I will be married at the end of this month... MARRIED... ME!

This past Saturday I went with my mom to South Bend to get all of the last minute stuff. There were tons of little things that I had to buy. I found my wedding jewelry which I had been putting off buying for a very long time. I was under the impression that I would be wearing my fiance's grandmother's pearls. Well, she gave me the pearls to try on with my dress and guess what... they're yellow! I've never seen such faded pearls in my life. And with my ivory dress they just don't match. So, i'm going to have to break her heart and tell her that I won't be wearing them on my wedding day. I just can't. I've been in a conundrum about this entire situation for some time now. I am going to carry my father's necklace that I found 6 months ago in some of his old stuff around my bouquet. There just isn't a place for Matt's grandmother's pearls to fit in. I feel terrible but I just don't know what else to do. She's been terribly pushy about us using everything she gives us. She gave us a bird cage to put our cards in at the reception. But, she wasn't thinking when she bought an old antique one (beautiful) that is far too small and doesn't even open! Luckily, Matt's dad was able to mess with it and ended up getting it to open after busting a clasp on the top. We'll use it... but I just don't know how long it will withstand the guests abuse. The grandmother (this is what i'm calling her now) also wants us to use baby's breath EVERYWHERE. Now, no offense to those of you who like baby's breath.. but I truly hate it. Let's just leave it at that. She orders that we must use it everywhere. She's never once asked if I want to use it or if I even like it. I suppose that doesn't matter anymore. Oh well, i'll have to put my foot down as gently as I can.

I've said plenty of that... onto the DISNEYMOON! We got our DME stuff in the mail. That's always my favorite part. How exciting to see your name on this cute little yellow tags. I called my fiance at work and yelled through the phone "we got more Disney stuff.....yayyyy!" He replied with "more? why do we need more?" Typical answer I suppose. haha.

Anyone ever use the Planet Hollywood vouchers? Or are they as big of a waste as they seem? Last year we got the voucher for the key chain... we took that. And I can honestly say I have no idea where that key chain is right now. :confused: We're thinking in doing the sea raycer thing. That sounds like fun. But, I can honestly say that I don't want to spend one and half hours on a tiny boat. A half hour... yes... one hour.. maybe... one and a half hours... not so much. Maybe we'll take turns driving. That might keep it more entertaining. We will definitely do the miniature golf! We love mini golf. There is the most ghetto mini golf place here in our tiny city that we love going to. Their idea of scenery is a few large rocks and a run down windmill. Quaint, huh?

We're getting there... it's getting closer.... i'll keep you posted up until then! Thanks for reading!:thumbsup:

Belle's Mom
05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Girl, you are cracking me up!!!:cool: I know your time will be fantastic! We will miss you guys by a few days, sorry to say. I believe I could spot you after looking at all those pictures of your cute selves! Congrats and I can't wait to hear more...:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-16-2007, 07:31 PM
You two are adorable:thumbsup: :cloud9: I can see that you are going to be a gorgeous bride, I can't wait to see the pictures.
I just wanted to tell you that the phrase "the ol'man and I " is not popular anymore, I believe the PC term these days is "the old ball and chain and I";)
Have a great trip:thumbsup:

daparish
05-16-2007, 09:31 PM
You two are so cute!!!!! I am not sure what I am most anxious for - to see the wedding pictures or read the post about your trip. We will not be going back for awhile but reading your pretrip report gets me all excited as if I am planning my own trip.

irish1967
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Stacey - you are about to hear Irish's famous wedding advice - tune in your mouse ears 'cuz, hundreds of brides (ok, maybe 10 or so) have heard this advice and now swear by it...

The only thing that REALLY matters is your goal...

#1 - what is your goal (to be married by before you leave for your Disneymoon)

#2 - what do you need to achieve your goal? (a groom (check), someone liscensed by the state to perform a marriage (is Captain Jack Sparrow in the house?) (all kidding aside, I assume this is a check) and a witness or two (depending on the state you live in) (I assume that this is also a check)

At the end of the day - everything else is icing on the cake - enjoy the process - but don't stress about Grandmother's pearls or centerpieces or baby's breath because ultimately they are not necessary in achieving your goal!

Have a wonderful wedding day and Disneymoon - I can't wait to see other updates and trip reports!

:mickey:

poeticeclipse
05-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Stacey - you are about to hear Irish's famous wedding advice - tune in your mouse ears 'cuz, hundreds of brides (ok, maybe 10 or so) have heard this advice and now swear by it...

The only thing that REALLY matters is your goal...

#1 - what is your goal (to be married by before you leave for your Disneymoon)

#2 - what do you need to achieve your goal? (a groom (check), someone liscensed by the state to perform a marriage (is Captain Jack Sparrow in the house?) (all kidding aside, I assume this is a check) and a witness or two (depending on the state you live in) (I assume that this is also a check)

At the end of the day - everything else is icing on the cake - enjoy the process - but don't stress about Grandmother's pearls or centerpieces or baby's breath because ultimately they are not necessary in achieving your goal!

Have a wonderful wedding day and Disneymoon - I can't wait to see other updates and trip reports!

:mickey:

WONDERFUL points! I will definitely take this and everyone's advice to heart. There are far wiser people in this world than I am i'm smart enough to know this.

Still, I plan something for one and a half years and to have something VERY BAD happen would sooo stink. haha. The little things can roll right off.

TikiGoddess
05-17-2007, 07:50 PM
I've really enjoyed hearing about your Disneymoon and your wedding updates! You are at such a great time in your life -- have a wonderful time at your wedding and on your honeymoon. We'll be here waiting to hear all about it!

:)
TikiG

TFrauts
05-18-2007, 12:12 AM
You are reminding me of myself right now....you sound EXACTLY like me!! ( I am totally worried about keeping everyone happy, not offending anyone...) Except my wedding is not until July 28th....YIKES...but I am stressing about the small stuff...flowers...speaches.... grandparents("we are very disappointed that you are having wine at your wedding...why don't you use apple cider instead...") But when I look at the big picture...The wedding day will fly by so fast...I don't care if my ring bearer gets spooked, and won't do anything that he is planned to do, and its raining out(we are getting married on the beach) because, by 9:30am the next morning, I will be in Orlando, and at Disney by lunch time...and I don't have to be home for 2 weeks....YEAHHH>>>>

poeticeclipse
05-18-2007, 08:13 AM
You are reminding me of myself right now....you sound EXACTLY like me!! ( I am totally worried about keeping everyone happy, not offending anyone...) Except my wedding is not until July 28th....YIKES...but I am stressing about the small stuff...flowers...speaches.... grandparents("we are very disappointed that you are having wine at your wedding...why don't you use apple cider instead...") But when I look at the big picture...The wedding day will fly by so fast...I don't care if my ring bearer gets spooked, and won't do anything that he is planned to do, and its raining out(we are getting married on the beach) because, by 9:30am the next morning, I will be in Orlando, and at Disney by lunch time...and I don't have to be home for 2 weeks....YEAHHH>>>>

oh, don't get me wrong...i'm stressing about the flowers, catering, place cards, bridal party, pushy grandmothers, drunk future brother in laws... the list goes on. But I look at it the same way as you do... just get it done, get on the plane, go to WDW! hahaha

TFrauts
05-18-2007, 09:44 AM
ughhh...place cards( I almost forgot about those...ofcourse my fiance wanted two meal choices to make my life even more difficult...yellow sticker for chicken...reds sticker for beef...ughhh...)...and seating arrangements, and wedding favors....
I think im almost more excited for my honeymoon, than my wedding!! :secret:
Good luck with everything!! Im sure it will all turn out great!!

poeticeclipse
05-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I think im almost more excited for my honeymoon, than my wedding!! :secret:
Good luck with everything!! Im sure it will all turn out great!!

I'm with ya! It sounds terrible but when this stress is all over and we can enjoy Disney for 8 1/2 days... ahhh.....what bliss.:cloud9:

ChipnDaleGal
05-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Good luck with your big day next week! I know there is a lot to worry about, but I hope you can relax and enjoy it!!

I have no doubt that your honeymoon will be full of fun, laughter and romance!! Enjoy every minute of it! :mickey:

poeticeclipse
05-23-2007, 11:05 AM
3 Days to go!!!

Oh yes, the time has come for me to post my final pre-trip report. I'm as ecstatic as a little bunny on speed. I cannot WAIT to get married! I'm getting a bit more nervous as the days pass. About what? Well, i'm not so sure. Just the usual butterflies I suppose. But, like all of you have said, just remember "Disneymoon, Disneymoon, Disneymoon..." I keep that on my mind a lot and it helps me get through the days a little bit faster. I work at a bank and we have some down time where I can get on INTERCOT and just mellow out. Right now, my co-worker and I have Disney music playing. Certain songs come on and I get super choked up. Especially during "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" for some reason. I just feel the "Disney" so much in that song. It's nuts. During that part in Lilo & Stitch I just get teary eyed and think "this is how life is supposed to be... this is when it's best."

I'm normally packed 2 weeks in advance for any WDW trip. Well, it's 3 days before I leave and i'm still not packed. I have some shorts and a few tank tops in my suitcase but other than that, my close are keeping warm in my dresser. Tonight, we meet with our photographers one last time and go over all of the details. After that, it's packing time for Stacey. Packing is the one thing that I don't get stressed doing. I find it fun because I can be totally neurotic and it's okay. My mom knows that coming around me when i'm packing for WDW isn't a good idea. One, I end up crying at some point because I play my Disney planning videos and it just gets me in the mood. Two, I have to concentrate when I pack. There is an exact way I like to pack. I have a list, and I have my main suitcase and one carry-on. I'm sounding crazy aren't I? Okay, maybe I should just put a "Do Not Disturb, Crazy Disney Lunatic Packing" sign on my door.:cool:

Now it's time for my question column...
1. Anyone fly AirTran? When you buy your tickets online they send you a few e-mails. Are those e-mails what you need to take with you to check-in? And then they give you your boarding passes, right? Also, how do I go about using the flight check in at the resort when we HAVE TO go back home?

2. Any last minute advice on the big day? No no no, not meeting Mickey. Getting married, silly!! I'd love to hear more words of wisdom from those much wiser than I.

3. Who's going to read my trip report? Because it's going to rock!:rocker:

Until the next time... when i'll be married... the ol' ball and chain.... the ol' man and his little wifey.... Mickey and Minnie?:bride::groom:

kakn7294
05-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Stacey, you are just too cute! I love reading these posts and I will definately be looking for your trip reports! My advice for your wedding is this - relax and go with the flow. You've done all of your planning and hard work for the perfect and inevitably something will go wrong (Murphy's Law and all) but it happens to us all. My DH gave me the wrong hand for his ring and the preacher forgot the part about kissing the bride. Sometimes these are the best moments because they are things you can remember and laugh about years down the road. Nobody remembers what color the bridesmaids wore or what flowers you had. So take some advice from an old married lady and quit your stressing! You'll make a beautiful bride and all that matters in the end is that you will have your prince by your side for the rest of your lives (and he's quite a handsome prince!). Best wishes to you both!

Carolanne
05-23-2007, 11:36 PM
:congrats: Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! Enjoy every minute of your Disneymoon, and make sure you bask in the attention that comes with being newlyweds :bride: :groom: on their honeymoon in WDW!

Belle's Mom
05-24-2007, 09:44 AM
You will be the blushing bride, for sure! Just concentrate on being in the moment and everything will fall into place. After the big event, just think, you will be off to the happiest place on earth and in your new hubby's arms to boot. What could be better?:cloud9:

disneydeb
05-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Have a great time and a great life together!

Kairi_7378
05-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Stacey, throwing some pixie dust that your wedding will be everything that you dreamed that it would be. You two are very cute, and you look like you will make each other happy for years to come. I am sure that the grandmothers will behave and that your flowers will be great. Can't wait to see the pics of you guys with your bride and groom mouse ears! :welcome: to your very own happily ever after!

iceicebritney
06-12-2007, 02:03 PM
congratulations stacy and matt!

it sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip from everything that i've read, and what better place to have a honeymoon than disney world?!

i usually dont read that many trip reports, but my fiance and i are planning our honeymoon in wdw as well, so i was interested in searching through what others had to say about their trips. your trip sounds really great though - you ate at ALL our favorite restaurants, which was great to here your point of view on all of them. thanks so much for the report, and best wishes to both of you! :mickey: