PDA

View Full Version : one month to go and already packing!

bratmaster
05-06-2007, 03:49 PM
we only have less than a month to go (we leave june 1st!) and i am jumping out of my skin. My dd had her first commuion this weekend and plannig for that the last month has deflected some of my anxiety about our trip, but now her communion is over and all i have to obsess about is our trip. I actually have a few bags packed and sitting in my room, and since we are driving down i have toy bags packed for the kids, and am starting a "snack box" for the car. Does anyone else pack a month early??? I am finding myself just trying to come up with something each day to do to prepare for our trip. Like i am pregnant and "nesting"; that's what it feels like. Anyhow, i don't even really know what my actual question is. i guess i just need therapy!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Sign me up for the therapy, too!:wave:
Three and a half weeks, and I get so excited about every little thing I pack--sample sizes are a thrill to find! I may have to run to the dollar store right now and buy PONCHOS! Yay!!!!:mjump::crazy:

Bethanymouse
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
A month early.....hmmm lets see- I have a suitcase in the corner of my bedroom with my new "disney clothes" already stuffed into it....we dont leave until August 20th :blush: . I am a little obsessive...

You will have a great time on your trip. Relax and enjoy. These are some of the best days. Have fun packing up the rest! Enjoy your trip!:marg:

pdrlkr
05-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

Mr. Tom Morrow
05-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Hmm .. maybe it's a guy thing but I don't start packing until the day before I leave for vacation.;)
Have fun preparing for your trip:thumbsup:

Pipalotta
05-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Ha I am so excited about our trip which is 9mos away!!! that I have already started buying stuff and putting it away for the trip. Now that is crazy lol.

thejens
05-06-2007, 11:14 PM
We arrive May 25 and I am in the same state of nervous anticipation. I have ponchos, trading pins, neck coolers, spray bottles, special disney pjs (bought on sale 5.00 each recently) for the kids, matching shirts for the entire dorky family, etc. etc. I need to stay off the computer because I keep finding new things to buy. I just ordered some Imagineering Guide books just to keep me busy! I love the planning, but I am beginning to wonder if I need to join a 12 step group!

vizsla
05-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

ldc12377
05-07-2007, 12:00 PM
We arrive May 25 and I am in the same state of nervous anticipation. I have ponchos, trading pins, neck coolers, spray bottles, special disney pjs (bought on sale 5.00 each recently) for the kids, matching shirts for the entire dorky family, etc. etc. I need to stay off the computer because I keep finding new things to buy. I just ordered some Imagineering Guide books just to keep me busy! I love planning, but I am beginning to wonder if I need to join a 12 step group!

If those are the signs that you need to join a group, then please let me know where the meets are...LOL
We arrive May 27 and I've been all packed for about 1 week ( which is a month before we leave!).
We are doing the matching shirt thing too. I only hope we don't matching everyone else...kinda makes the matching useless...LOL

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Organization is good bratmaster! We have one Rubbermaid bin that has our "Disney" stuff in it (fans, raincoats, lanyards etc), and it comes out and goes away with each trip -- I use laundry baskets for pre-trip packing, as the suitcases upset my dogs. You go for it!! :thumbsup:

MickeyandTink
05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
A month early.....hmmm lets see- I have a suitcase in the corner of my bedroom with my new "disney clothes" already stuffed into it....we dont leave until August 20th . I am a little obsessive...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :) We stopped at a Disney Outlet store yesterday while we were on an out of town trip and loaded up on T-shirts, hats and gifts for family :spend:, and we don't leave for 4 1/2 months.

I've got to keep DW :tink: away from there or we won't have any money left to spend at the park. :shake:

Who am I kidding? I went a little crazy in there too. :D

bibbidiboo3
05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
We're still 4 months away (going in Sept) and I've bought lots of travel size stuff :cart: and things to keep the kids busy while on the plane!! I've made a list - thanks to all the great tips I've read on the boards - and will slowly stock up over the summer.
Ahhhh, I can't wait for vacation! :vacation:

pook@wdw
05-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I must be a LOT obsessed. Cause we usually go in Oct. and I begin shopping and packing supplies in April. Is that wrong?:D

tinksmom02
05-07-2007, 09:36 PM
We're still 4 months away (going in Sept) and I've bought lots of travel size stuff :cart: and things to keep the kids busy while on the plane!! I've made a list - thanks to all the great tips I've read on the boards - and will slowly stock up over the summer.
Ahhhh, I can't wait for vacation! :vacation:

So I'm not the only one--I've been stocking up on travel size stuff for our Sept trip too (just in case Target runs out LOL), and actually, our ponches never even got put away from our last trip. :blush: They're just tucked in a corner, waiting to get packed again!

And since DD is now POTC obsessed, I got all of us POTC shirts at the disney store (not matching, though), that we can wear for her POTC-themed bday party in August and then again in Disney.

I haven't written any lists, yet, which I'm famous for, but I am making lists in my head LOL DH might have me committed if I start making packing lists NOW :secret:

Keep this between you and me, OK? :)

TFrauts
05-08-2007, 02:43 AM
:thumbsup: Yeahhhh....Its fun to have poeple to be excited with!! I began packing a month ago, for our trip in July...and I am not allowed to talk about our trip anymore....LOL....It will be for our honeymoon! I have been to WDW about 4 times, and he has never been! He says he doen't even need to go now, because I have told him absolutely everything about it! I have even made him watch my favorite rides on Youtube! I feel as if I am going crazy!! It is all I can think about...and I am constantly searching for things on the internet, and buyng little things.... :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
05-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Include my DW and myself as obsessed!
When we book our trip (with MJ of course) we start packing.I think that we started packing in February for our December trip. We add something every couple of weeks, then when the trip is really close were done. Of course this just makes it that much harder because there is not much left to do but double check....EVERYTHING!:mickey:

TheMartellFamily
05-08-2007, 04:27 PM
That is us. We are list people so we stat lists about 3 months out and start with little things and then work our way up. For us it is enjoyable to work ahead of time packing since it is less stress doing it days before. So we are in the same club as you. Hello my name is TheMartellFamily and yes we are early packers.