PDA

View Full Version : Pin/Lanyard Starter Kit Prices

DisnIse
05-06-2007, 03:34 PM
On an online retailer, I found one of the "My First Disney pin" trader sets, with the lanyard and four pins, for about $35.

Rip off?

Good deal?

I want to give it to my boys for their birthday before our trip, but I don't want to waste money, you know?

Thanks!

kakn7294
05-06-2007, 04:02 PM
From what I recall, that seems reasonable. I think they were at least $30 at WDW. You can call Disney Merchandising and order directly from them but you have to know pretty much what you want and the shipping rates are high.

thejens
05-06-2007, 10:49 PM
On ebay you can buy a bunch of pins for about 2 or 3 dollars each. You can't choose the selection, but my boys had a ball choosing their favorites from 25 randomly selected pins I bought for about 55.00. They have a few favorites and will use the others for trade. You can't choose s special character and it doesn't necessarily include a lanyard, however. Just another idea.

Nicki'sMom
05-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow, I didn't realize they were that much. My mother and daughter won two of them as part of a YOAMD last Oct when they were coming off Cinderella's Carousel and we were so excited! Got a hard to find pin with it too.

conwayjohn71
05-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I bought my DD's both a starter kit on ebay

the tinkernbell was $23

the winnie the pooh was $27

both with shipping

Just a not, the starter kits come with 4 pins, but it is really 2 pins, and 2 duplicates

so I just switched the dups from both sets so they both have 4 pins to start with