PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Adult Attractions?

DisneyEpcotDad
05-06-2007, 03:29 PM
If you now tour DW minus children, what are the favorite attractions that you now like to visit? Any favorite theme park as an Adult?

LudwigVonDrake
05-06-2007, 04:42 PM
I am finding that as I get older I am enjoying Epcot more and more :smickey:

AliceinDisney
05-06-2007, 05:39 PM
EPCOT . especially the World Showcase. I also love Animal Kingdom. I really feel one with nature :)

HndrdPrcnt
05-06-2007, 06:02 PM
I would have to agree that World Showcase is much more enjoyable when you don't have children with you. It is nice to really be able to explore each of the countries and their exhibits as well as the food and beverages from each! :marg: :beer: :wine: :thumbsup:

Pop Centurion
05-06-2007, 06:06 PM
But don't we all become children ourselves when we go to WDW? :D
I'll have to agree with WS being geared more towards adults.

GrmGrninGost
05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Maybe I'm just a 44 year old DK, but my fave is still the MK! I enjoy Fantasyland most of all.:mickey:

prttynpnk
05-07-2007, 08:17 AM
We love the tin toy exhibit in Japan- we end every night, just about, in Epcot just meandering around enjoying the peacefulness.

indytraveler
05-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Although I haven't been to WDW w/ out kids I'm sure I would do the same things. Maybe my pace would be a little slower :D b/c I wouldn't have to chase the kids around. That would mean more time in WS at Epcot.

SBETigg
05-07-2007, 09:18 AM
It is great to explore World Showcase without kids. We enjoy taking our time, trying new things, doing some of the winetastings. Lots of fun. But our favorite park, with or without kids, is still the Magic Kingdom. We run around like a couple of kids and we love all the attractions. Pirates of the Caribbean is our favorite.

The great thing about being without kids is that you see things in new ways. You notice things you may have missed when you were busy trying to take it all in through your child's eyes or watching their reaction instead of letting yourself relax and take it all in.

T-Belle
05-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I agree with most of the posts, World Showcase is a lot easy without kids. It was always hard to get the kids to the shows and films in the different countries.

jpmsrivers
05-07-2007, 09:50 AM
I have to say the older I get the more I enjoy Epcot and World Showcase.

I also think just touring the resorts and enjoying all of the theming is fun.

Disneyatic
05-07-2007, 10:58 AM
I think my DD7 is probably the exception to the rule, but she LOVED World Showcase and wanted to spend a ton of time there. That was the biggest mistake we made on our first trip last year to WDW, we didn't allow enough time for EPCOT, this year we have 2 full days dedicated to it.
That way we can all do all the exploring we want!

Hopefully one day DH and I will be able to take a trip with just the two of us....a trip alone? WOW that is a foreign concept right now!

mdricks
05-07-2007, 11:00 AM
There are adult attractions?!? Hmmm. Maybe someday when I'm an adult I'll have to try those out. :D

SBETigg
05-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I think my DD7 is probably the exception to the rule, but she LOVED World Showcase and wanted to spend a ton of time there. WOW that is a foreign concept right now!

Our kids love World Showcase, too, but there is so much more to see of more adult appeal that you don't get to do with kids along. The wine tastings, for example, and some of the shopping. I shop and study different things with kids vs without them. Even if your kids love World Showcase, it is a whole new experience without them.

Figgyluv03
05-07-2007, 12:32 PM
World Showcase.

lightyearfan
05-07-2007, 12:48 PM
i would have to agree with everyone else, me and dw had a much better appriciation of Epcot sans kid. espicially dw, she really seemed to get it more. i always liked Epcot, but i too enjoyed more this time around, but this also goes for all the parks, we're able to come and go and do whatever we want for a change, when dd was with us it was a strugle to try to get her to realize that it was a family vacation and that it wasn't just for her. when our grand daughter is 5 we'll all be going now that the shoe will be on the other foot lets see how our dd will react.

victor

larandtra
05-07-2007, 01:22 PM
As I have gotten older, I also have come to appreciate the laid back atmosphere at EPCOT. Particularly WS. My 13yo loves EPCOT so maybe she is just ahead of the curve in that aspect. As far as attractions at WDW that I believe adults tend to appreciate which kids may not:
MK- COP, TTA, Tikki Room
Studios- Backstage Tours, Great Movie Ride
EPCOT- Spaceship Earth, Fountain, WS as a whole with all the culture and shopping
AK- Cant really think of anything other than maybe the train ride to the old conservation Station.

Marilyn Michetti
05-07-2007, 01:46 PM
DH and I go alone. Our children are adults, and we don't have grandchildren, (exactly), so I have to think about this one. I love all the parks, but for my "adult" interest, I"ll say MGM. I could poke around in Sids for lots longer than DH would like, and "One Man's
Dream" is another place to linger. The book and art stores, etc. Little kids would be bored silly. DH goes pin hunting while I'm strolling.

DisneyDude1977
05-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I love to simply walk and take in the sights of World Showcase. THe architecture is utterly amazing there!

crazypoohbear
05-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I would think I would still do things the same way with or without the kids. I would like to spend time and really explore the resort more! relax, swim, have a cold drink, nap, etc:cloud9:

AdventurerKim
05-08-2007, 03:42 PM
As I've gotten older, I have enjoyed World Showcase more and have looked for more educational opportunities and sought out more information about the pavillions, countries, etc.

But I still love MK for all of my favorite rides and attractions! :mickey: I'll always love WDW and going there and doing everything I love to do there.

TheMartellFamily
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
We love the EIFAWF and take our time sans kids. To partake in this is such an enjoyment and we just soak everything in.

DisneyEpcotDad
05-08-2007, 05:56 PM
I was curious at what the responses would be. I see that many other adults enjoy the World Showcase environment!:mickey:

Crow
05-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I would have to agree that World Showcase is much more enjoyable when you don't have children with you. It is nice to really be able to explore each of the countries and their exhibits as well as the food and beverages from each! :marg: :beer: :wine: :thumbsup:

yepyep
actually, ive toured as a kid, but not w kids. just w wives....
and ive done a lot of solo touring. Epcot WS is def my fav

k_reile
05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
I was telling my husband as we were planning our Sept trip that I think the WS will be my favorite place now that I am old enough to have a drink :mickey: The last time I was in Epcot I was a senior in high school and I was down there with our high school band and my friends and I ended up playing euchre on the epcot lawn...though we all had a great time!

CandleontheWater
05-08-2007, 10:42 PM
My favorite adult "attraction" is the pub at the Rose and Crown :thumbsup: :beer:

AllDisney
05-09-2007, 04:12 PM
EPCOT for sure. As we have been exploring WDW without children we really spend more time at the World Showcase exploring the gift shops and taking our sweet time while there. We've also watched the films on the countries while there and taken in all the beautiful aspects of the countries and not worrying that the kids are bothering the people near us because they are bored.

TKSax
05-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Ever Since I went as a teenager to Epcot for the first time I have Epcot has always been my favorote park... maybe I'm just wierd, but I used to spend a lot of time in the Future world area, and now as I am older I can appreciate the World Showcase and enjoy eating and exploring it.

KAJUNKING
05-09-2007, 04:47 PM
me and dw went in jan 06 without the kids (only because the kids were going with my parents in feb) but i don't think we did anything different than when we went in sept with th kids, of course me and dw are just big kids ourselves :mickey:

hope23
05-13-2007, 12:29 AM
World Showcase, as has been said. Also... I love to take in all of the more intense rides that my kids are too young to appreciate or enjoy... TOT, RR, EE, TT, Dinosaur...