PDA

View Full Version : Adult Dining Suggestions

DisneyEpcotDad
05-06-2007, 03:22 PM
For those of you no longer touring DW with children, what are your favorite places for quick food items or sit-down dining?:pizza:

k_reile
05-06-2007, 04:46 PM
I too would like to know. This Sept trip will be just DH and myself and I am having a hard time trying to decide where to eat. I know I definitely want to check out the Coral Reef and 50's diner but other than I do not know where to go. We would like to go to resturants where there will be minimal children.

Checkers
05-06-2007, 04:50 PM
My DH & I (both retired) take at least one trip to WDW each year by ourselves. We enjoy many of th Epcot restaurants (LeCellier, Chefs de France, Teppanyaki), at the Boardwalk area we enjoy Yachtsman Steakhouse and Spoodles. We are going down in Oct./Nov. and staying offsite and have decided to try some of the other restaurants we haven't been to for awhile -- Narcoosees (Grand Floridian), Kona Cafe (Polynesian), California Grill (Contemporary) and either Wolfgang Puck or Portobella Yacht Club (DownTown Disney). For CS restaurants we really don't have any favorites but like Casey's Hot Dogs (MK) and the Columbia Harbour House (MK) and in AK we like Flame Tree Barbecue and Tusker House. In Epcot we like Sunshine Seasons in the "Land". Hope this gives you some ideas. Have fun!:mickey:

mickey-mouse35
05-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Finding places with minimal children will be hard, but here's where my DH and I like to go:
* Spoodles on boardwalk for breakfast
* Kona Grill in Poly for breakfast and for dinner (most families with kids go to O'Hana, so less children at Kona)
* California Grill in Contempory for late dinner to watch fireworks
* Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge
* anyplace in World Showcase, but liked Morocco, Norway and Japan a lot
* restaurant at Mexico is quiet and romantic, but food is just fair. We like the counter service just outside on the lake better
* have not been impressed with anything so far at MGM so anxious to hear other adults' opinions
* there was great BBQ at Animal Kingdom--the flaming tree or something--it's counterservice

I'm sure there's more, but this is a good start...

SallyP
05-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Finding places with minimal children will be hard...

Very hard at Disney (to be expected, of course).
The only place we have never seen children, when we have dined there, is Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian.
We try to get late reservations at places like
California Grill. If the Napa Room is available we ask for that location - it's just quieter, if there isn't a group of happy, noisy adults :o) at a long table.
Side Note: Sometimes a group of adults can ruin a dining experience too by being loud and obnoxious: 'I can talk louder than you', 'no, no listen to me' type behavior after a few adult beverages.
Todd English's Blue Zoo at the Dolphin Resort
Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
Crew's Cup Lounge at The Yacht Club Resort. This is really a lounge with a tv for sports viewing and can get pretty noisy but if you are there on a slow night and the Yachtsmen Steakhouse is still serving you can order off the restaurant menu but have it served in the lounge. We have done this several times and find it a great, relaxing way to end a day. Good food from the restaurant but in the casual atmosphere of the lounge. Not very many, if any, children in the lounge in the evenings.

Good luck with your quest!

Pirate Sadie
05-06-2007, 05:47 PM
My husband and I go to Disney at least once a year. We don't have any children and although we like children very much we try to choose a few nights with as many adults as possible. Our favorites are Jiko and Artist Point. I agree with the earlier post about San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavillion, the atmosphere is great but food is so so. Victoria and Alberts is on our list but, we will do that the next time we stay at a monorail resort.

HndrdPrcnt
05-06-2007, 05:59 PM
California Grill !! We do this every trip and the kids are NOT in attendance. It is a very romantic restaurant to eat in with a wonderful viewing of Wishes. I would highly recommend it!:thumbsup:

DVC2004
05-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Jiko, Artist Point, Cali Grill, and Narcoossee's are all great places to go for sit down. There will always be children around of course, but these are some phenomenal restaurants.

Natazu
05-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW TS Restaurants for Adults:
7. Grand Floridian Café
6. Le Cellier
5. Wolfgang Puck Café
4. Marrakesh
3. Narcoossee’s
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

Jym's Top-7 Best WDW CS Restaurants for Adults:
7. The Mara
6. Tusker House
5. Cosmic Ray’s
4. Cantina de San Angel
3. Earl of Sandwich
2. Cookes of Dublin
1. Tangierine Café

disney100%
05-07-2007, 08:58 AM
My DH and I absolutely love Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. We always take the boat ride from MK. The Portobello Soup is absolutely one of the best menu items I have had at any Disney restaurant. We have always had excellent/friendly service and the food has never disappointed us. We already have it planned for our next trip in 2008 (and it is now a must-do for every trip!).

artyboy
05-07-2007, 03:01 PM
I agree 100% with Disney100%!!!

Artist Point is amazing...we now make it our first night restaurant for every trip.

I'll be having that soup and the salmon in about 22 days!!!

TheMartellFamily
05-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Le Cellier and Teppanyaki are great. Are you going on the DP? If you are not or do not mind paying out of pocket it is there is Fultons in DTD. Other ones we like are Cali Grill in the Contemporary. The Kona Cafe is good at the Poly. I also recommend Trails End in Ft. Wilderness.I would love to try France, Morrocco, Artist Point. Now these are all TS meals.

I feel that there are so many counter service I will only name a few. At the MK I would say Pecos Bills. We like Earl of Sandwhich in DTD.

GrmGrninGost
05-07-2007, 03:32 PM
California Grill and Le Cellier are my faves for TS. For CS I like Tusker House and Columbia Harbor House.:mickey:

Crow
05-07-2007, 04:04 PM
My DH and I absolutely love Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. We always take the boat ride from MK. The Portobello Soup is absolutely one of the best menu items I have had at any Disney restaurant. We have always had excellent/friendly service and the food has never disappointed us. We already have it planned for our next trip in 2008 (and it is now a must-do for every trip!).

ive gone to AP twice. been a few yrs but i have it planned for Sept when at WL. im also tempted to go in May, but tryin CA Grill. the soup at AP is great!
ive never gone w kids. wives but not kids
usually eat at WS places
Le Cellier etc
id agree w AP,CA Grill,Jiko,Kona.
i also like the Matsunoma Lounge in Japan, Kimonos in the Swan.
i am doing my first character meal at AKershus, so will see how that goes

anneb
05-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Most of my trips to WDW are adult-only. My absolute top choices are Bistro de Paris in Epcot (lovely, elegant atmosphere, wonderful food, and few, if any, children) and the California Grill. Citricos, Flying Fish, Brown Derby, and Jiko are other good choices. For fast-food, I like the Morrocan fast food spot (Tangerine Cafe?).

StillSimbaGirl
05-07-2007, 04:43 PM
The Bistro, the Bistro, The Bistro.

Even when I have my kid, I drop her off at the Sandcastle Club and make my way to the Bistro!

Aggie97
05-07-2007, 06:08 PM
For TS meals, we have really enjoyed Narcoossee's, Le Cellier and CA Grill. Yachtsman Steakhouse and Kona Cafe were pretty good too.

We are not buffet fans, but we do like the family-style meal at 'Ohana. It is noisy but fun. Every time we have gone (7-8 times), we have been seated right by the window with a fantastic view of the castle.

For CS, we like Cosmic Ray's (and Aloha Isle and Sleepy Hollow for snacks) at MK; Flame Tree BBQ at AK; Earl of Sandwich (Ghirardelli for snacks) at DTD; and Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe or Cantina de San Angel at Epcot. While one of us stands in line for food at the Cantina, the other gets frozen margaritas from the stand across the way. Grab a table by the water, and enjoy a nice sunset. We haven't found a restaurant I could recommend at MGM.

We don't like to stand in line for character photos if there are kids waiting in line (don't want to take away from their opportunity!), so sometimes we do a character meal instead. We have had fun at Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare. The food was okay, but the character pictures were what we went for! :mickey: