PDA

View Full Version : Devil Rays vs Rangers

KayDee
05-06-2007, 12:12 PM
We just found out that the Devil Rays and Rangers are playing May 15-17 at Disney.

Has anyone went to a game? If there are seats available, where should we request seats? How is the grass seating?

What about popcorn, cotton candy and hotdogs? Are there people out there selling this? What about the All Star Cafe is it any good?

Also, we are staying on site, do busses run there?

Anyone with tips or advice on the Wide World of Sports please post.

We have never been to MLB game and would be awesome to see our first one at Disney.

4 more sleeps till Disney! Our cousins are there right now for the first time and we are supper excited for them!

ThanxForNoticin
05-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Since these are regular major league games, you should check the Devil Rays web site. I'm sure they are selling tickets (if any are left). We've been to several games at WWoS, and it's a great place to see a game. It's much smaller and closer than a Major League stadium - instead of room for 40,000 people, there is room for 8-9,000. They have full concessions at the park. Paying for a seat is a good way to go, but if it's a nice night, we've also taken a blanket and enjoyed the evening sitting on one of the grass hills.

I have always had a car when we've gone, but I am 99% certain if you take a bus to MGM, you can then get a bus to WWoS from MGM. Also, we have enjoyed our meals at All Star Cafe - it's a family-type sports restaurant, with sandwiches and burgers. It's similar to the ESPNZone. When you buy a ticket for the ML game, it will include your admission to WWoS. If you get there a little earlier, you can walk around the large facility. Sometimes there are other events going on, like baseball, softball, or soccer events. Have fun - like I said, it's a great place to see a game.

Speedy1998
05-07-2007, 12:54 PM
I just saw somewhere that Disney is doing a dining promotion to sell tickets. And that on the 16th they will have Richard Petty there to try to attract the NASCAR fans.

MarkC
05-08-2007, 04:34 PM
We saw a Cards-Braves game there in March. The stadium still fairly new so it is very nice with the right Disney touches. Parking is ample but on some grass and dirt road areas. I would get a reserved seat due to the slop of the grass and view over people's heads. The bleachers down the right field line are cheaper and allow you to get close to the players, etc. Go and enjoy.