PDA

View Full Version : Dragon a Celebrity?! O_o

LittleDragonErin
05-06-2007, 02:38 AM
Okay, this story can be funny, sad, weird, insane or all of the above, depending on your point of view. I guess for some it could also be cool. I'm personally going with weird.

So I was at DLR today (with MonkeyBoyJoe), inside the "cave" at innoventions, just minding my own business playing VMK. This girl (mid-teens or so) walks by and I guess noticed my character and said, "Hey, you have green bags. Cool!" (The minute she said that, I regretted changing out of my pirate costume I have been wearing these past few days.) Next thing I hear as I'm turning to face the girl is, "Wait, you're Little Dragon, the CL, right?" (The minute she says that, I regretted turning to face her.)

Another girl heard that and comes over saying, "Oh wow, you're so cool!" (And I'm sitting there going...uh oh...now what have I got myself into.) I smile and nod and am about to say something when a boy comes over and asks for my autograph. O_o

Seriously, I'm like...what? You want my autograph? But but but...it's a virtual character. I was about to refuse, when I realized, this kid is about 9, why crush his dreams and inspirations. So I reluctantly gave it (let me tell you, it's very weird signing CL_LittleDragonErin instead of my real name). After I did that, I knew it was a big mistake. Out come the pens and paper. Off go the kids to the mommies and daddies for pens and paper.

Oh, did I mention there were about 20 kids or so there? So after about the 9th or 10th signature, somebody asks for a picture. O_o I quickly turn away as somebody else actually snapped one. Now, I had to draw the line. So I kindly asked them not to take pictures. Most, I think realized why. But a couple continued to beg.

So at this point, I had to be sneaky and sort of signalled Monkey (who was off in the corner laughing his [blank] off) to call my phone, which luckily he got the message and did. So I pretended I was being called away and got out of there as quick as I could.

I ended up walking around DLR for the rest of the night with my hood on. :P

Anyway, just thought I'd share probably the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me in DLR.

Just think...somebody out there has an autograph from CL_LittleDragonErin and a picture of the back of her head. O_o

And Monkey will never let me live that one down. I was hearing the autograph jokes for the rest of the night. -_-'

Blue Genie
05-06-2007, 03:14 AM
:funny: can I have a picture to of u and autograph :funny: :photo: :figment:

chrisb26
05-06-2007, 03:33 AM
Hey I want one!! Boy oh Boy what i could do with an autographed CL_LittleDragonErin addition to my collection lol. Maybe they could hire you to work around the VMK booth and just give out autographs all day maybe you could give more then Mickey ;).

:funny: :rotfl: sorry had to do that. You are so famous that random people know you in DLR.

Chescat
05-06-2007, 04:18 AM
Hey I don't think you really exist, I still haven't seen you. ;)

- I think she only had 5 kids but it seemed like more, you guys know how she exaggerates. - :encore: :encore:

Monkey how many was it really? I've got that image in my head of how Monkey was laughing.

Hey you didn't answer the million dollar question. You guys get the cards today? Heard rumors DLR has yet again not gotten the cards. :mad:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Oh poor Dragon! That is a story for a novel, that is! :rotfl: :funny: :haha: :silly: :crazy: :D

I was laughing so hard! That's really a funny story :P Maybe next time I see you at DLR you're going to be on a VMK float waving to screaming fans! :funny:

wizardmickey
05-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Maybe next time I see you at DLR you're going to be on a VMK float waving to screaming fans!
Yeah, but she'll have her hoodie up so she can maybe remain anony-mouse!!!
I'll trade ya a busted guitar string from my antique Flying V & a few broken guitar picks for a (get ready, here's the BIG ONE) 8X10 color autographed picture with certificate of authenticity!!!!!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-06-2007, 08:11 PM
I'll trade ya a busted guitar string from my antique Flying V & a few broken guitar picks for a (get ready, here's the BIG ONE) 8X10 color autographed picture with certificate of authenticity!!!!!

:rotfl: :funny: :haha: :crazy: :silly:

WDWizard
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Haha, wow, I didnt know little had so much fans. All those kids asking for your autograph? Wow, thats big. Maybe if you become popular enough they will create a LittleDragonErin character at the parks. Think about it- Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, LittleDragonErin..

Little, Can I have your autograph? Write it out to your favorite wizard?
;)

Marla
05-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Sorry sweet litle dragon...lol, what fun, you are somebody..lol, like I'm in the phone book...seriously, this really is fun...we love Disney!!!...ENJOY!:tink: :tink: !

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-06-2007, 11:56 PM
LOL it's funny I thought this would one day happen to you with all those high scores of yours and all the inforno you have. lol Monkey must have been dying when all this happened, man i wish i was there to see it all go down. lol

If you planning on going to the big 10th ann. for intercot you better be ready if something happens there. lol :funny: :rotfl: :funny: :rotfl:

wizardmickey
05-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Ok, once upon a time, I had a few such instances of being "recognized". Easiest to explain was around 1988-89 when we had songs on the radio in a 5-state area & we were on several circuits & televised telethons. Needless to say, we had a few moments of people wanting pictures/autographs & other personal souvenirs.
Then during the mid-to-late 1990's I was the official voice of Rudloph the Red Nosed Reindeer for our mall (and by the magic of recordings for malls across 8 other states.) It was an audioanimatronic reindeer that I operated & spoke to people from a hidden location through a series of headsets, monitors & mic's. My "true identity" was supposed to remain Top Secret so as not to spoil the magic of the character... the news stations did interviews (with me in character) and the paper did a double story interviewing me both as Rudloph & "the man behind Rudolph" (no pictures of the real me were ever allowed!) But, after about the 5th or 6th year people started to put 2+2 together when they kept seeing me going in and out of my secret location, and soon I couldn't go to the mall without people following me around (it was actually worse than the Rock-n-Roll heyday!)
So, I can feel you pain Dragon... keep the hoodie up!

LittleDragonErin
05-07-2007, 01:44 AM
Y'know, the minute we walked out of innoventions, Monkey turns to me and goes, "Can I have your autograph?"

Right then and there, I knew I'd never live this down. Not to mention I'd be hearing that question for some time to come.

I admit it was fun. And I've been in the limelight before like that for DDR at local arcades. I was the person they'd call on to get rid of the "loser" who was hogging the machine and show him/her some real dance moves. :P But that was different. At least with that it was always a face to face thing.

With VMK it felt really awkward because these kids were connecting virtual stuff with reality. And in my eyes, that was kind of a scary edge to be walking across. That's why I drew the line when the cameras came out.

I don't mind the attention...I just didn't want anything inappropriate to happen. After all, VMK staff themselves will never admit who they are when people come up to them at the parks.

Of course if it was any of you here (who are my VMK Family), that's a different story. I'd be happy to take pictures... *coughcatcough*...and sign autographs. Hee hee!

Blue Genie
05-07-2007, 01:52 AM
I still haven't meet u in person Dragon. Now what Disney charater will be good with that. So far I have...

Chescat & Rock w/Ariel
Tinkcollector w/Pluto

Oh I know that is if she is around which I haven't seen as of late and that is the Queen Snow White's Queen that is heehee.

Chescat
05-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Of course if it was any of you here (who are my VMK Family), that's a different story. I'd be happy to take pictures... *coughcatcough*...and sign autographs. Hee hee!
Actually I was thinking do you want that picture of Monkey, Varcity and I autographed. I think that might be worth a lot of money.
:encore: :encore: :encore:

trackbarroness
05-07-2007, 06:18 AM
Too funny Dragon, I've had my picture taken at least twice because of a couple of magical moments I had created for guests. :D But never as just a guest. What I think is really really funny is when people find out your a CM and play on VMK their like wow that's awesome. :D Then walk away. Lol
I actually met someone in WDW"S MK VMK central during my very last visit to WDW as a guest. You'll probably all will meet her (on VMK that is) one of these days. So Dragon are you coming to WDW for the I-cot's 10th anniversey(sp)? If so may i have your audograph and have my picture taken with you? :cool: I think it would be cool/awesome if the picture is taken with me in my Tomorrowland costume. :D Lol

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-07-2007, 08:11 PM
I admit it was fun. And I've been in the limelight before like that for DDR at local arcades. I was the person they'd call on to get rid of the "loser" who was hogging the machine and show him/her some real dance moves. :P But that was different. At least with that it was always a face to face thing.

My friend plays DDR at one of our local arcades, too. She played so well we got a crowd going. If you see me I'm probably the one with the hat for tips :P

Blue Genie
05-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Sorry to ask this but what is DDR?

chrisb26
05-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Sorry to ask this but what is DDR?

DDR Stands for Dance Dance Revolution. It is basically a huge arcade game that you well dance on. It has four squares on the the bottom and when those light up you step on them. You follow along on the screen and line up the arrows for bonuses. However I am no good at this game. My brother isn't bad but I am horrible can never be coordinated to step on the squares at the right time.

Blue Genie
05-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Sounds like a game I know I can't do. I can't dance.:faint:

PadmeNaberie
05-08-2007, 07:05 PM
why crush his dreams and inspirations?:rotfl: :funny:

LittleDragonErin
05-08-2007, 07:12 PM
why crush his dreams and inspirations?:rotfl: :funny:

And here I was thinking nobody noticed that line. :P

PinkJJ
05-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Hey Dragon, I think that story is priceless.:) I think I have read it three times now, and I still get a kick out of it.:mickey: