PDA

View Full Version : Is disney quest worth the extra money?

septembergirl
05-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Hello:
If staying for 5 nights only, is DQ worth the extra money or will we be busy enough trying to get to all the park attractions?
Thanks.:chewy: :yoda: :darth: :woohoo:

DizneyRox
05-06-2007, 08:04 AM
In 30 someodd trips, we've been to DQ once and have no plans to go back. There's so much else to do, it's not really worth giving anything else up for.

It was nice and all, but ther's only so many video games you can play.

Nekochan
05-06-2007, 08:05 AM
If you are REALLY into video games, it might be worth it. There are some pretty cool virtual games (like make your own roller coaster) that are fun. HOWEVER, there is sooo much to do in WDW that you'll have plenty to do. My suggestion would be to buy the basic ticket (or the park hopper if you plan to hop parks) and if you decide to go to a water park, pleasure island or Disneyquest, then add the fun options on.

Disney is always happy to have you upgrade your tickets and take your money.

merlinmagic4
05-06-2007, 08:14 AM
We've been twice but only because we had the "plus" options on the tickets we bought. We essentially get in for 9.00 a person. I think with five days you would be better off in the parks. Have a great trip!:mickey:

Pop Centurion
05-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I enjoy DQ but agree that with only 5 days you're better off skipping it to get the most out of the theme parks.

Stitch,esq
05-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Disney Quest is definitely worth checking out, but with only five days I would stick to the parks. Personally, I will only venture out of the parks if I have 7 or 8 days in Orlando. Normally its 2 days in MK, 2 days in Epcot, 1 day in AK and 1/2 a day in MGM (or whatever its called), the 7 th day is the one I can use to visit a Water Park, DQ, or get on the LYNX bus and visit Sea World.

Is it worth it? Yes
Would I go during a five day visit? NO.

HereWeGO
05-07-2007, 06:34 AM
We get 14 day tickets from the UK with free entry to DQ.
:twocents: Even for free, I'm not sure it's worth it- and I like video games! I think it lacks the Disney magic that the parks have :balloon: (how about some non-VR Disney video games? ), so I'm with the majority here- stick to the parks, especially if you only have 5 days.

tink2006
05-07-2007, 09:42 AM
I would say it depends on the age of the children. Our DS14, loves DQ. One of his favorite things is to make his own coaster. I would have to admit the first time we went I thought I cannot believe that I am going to spend an afternoon playing video games:( However, it was fun to go white water rafting and fight pirates as a family :cool:

chicade88
05-07-2007, 10:38 AM
We just got back a couple of days ago and were extremely disappointed with DQ. We really did feel that we wasted our time. I don't know what was wrong...it just felt like something was missing. And there were looong lines but still not very many people there total (if this makes any sense lol). I agree with others, stick to the parks!

MinnieMommie
05-09-2007, 05:47 AM
DQ is a fun thing to do for people who are really game affectionados. It is a good place to experience at least one time. However, if you have only 5 days and do not go to Disney frequently I would not prioritize DQ (unless you or someone in your group really like this sort of experience). :mickey:

Sharon1026
05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
For the length of your trip - skip it.

:stitch2:

septembergirl
05-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Well - it seems to be pretty unanimous! We will save DQ for a longer trip. I know I will have to succumb eventually as DS13 is a video game addict!
Thanks for all the replies.

dumbo ears
05-09-2007, 06:42 PM
since your only going for 5 days id say skip it and see all the parks.

pianobabe
05-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I did think Disney Quest was neat when I went a couple of years ago. I don't think I would go to DQ if I was going for 5 days. If your son needs his video game fix and you are staying on property, I believe all of the Disney Resorts have video arcades in them.:thumbsup: