PDA

View Full Version : Park Passes and a discount

tkbk
05-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I have been having a conversaiton with a relative who says she called DVC and they said there is no Park Pass discount when you buy your passes while checking into your DVC resort, but I thought when we have gone before,that both times we paid for our passes while checking in (put on our room key) and that they were a 10% discount. Am I loosing my mind, I am almost sure that was what we were told before. Is there a discount for the length of stay passes when purchased while checking in? I realize there is a discount for AP's but that's not what I am interested in, although there isn't too much difference in price when staying for 10days (BTW, we do love the waterparks, PI and disneyquest) so I meed to do some figuring on which is better anyways
Thanks!

lockedoutlogic
05-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't know if this is still current....

But you used to have to go to a theme park to purchase an annual pass...or activiate a voucher for it.

That is where the DVC discount applies...to I believe the annual pass alone.

They would not have put an annual pass on a room key....it would be silly as the keys are usually weak and wouldn't be treated with enough care to last the year through.

Annual passes....while also flimsy...at least remind you that they are more valuable.

Those are some of the things that used to happen...
I don't know if they are still the facts.

xwdpuzzler
05-05-2007, 09:41 PM
There is no discount on tixs for the parks. There is a discount on annual passes for first time and renewals. This info was in my resort info when we checked in.

Debbie R

Offsite - Honeymoon 1982
Offsite - 1992
Wilderness Lodge - 1998
Animal Kindom - 2005
Saratoga Springs - 2007 (DVC)

Maleficent's Dad
05-05-2007, 10:14 PM
no Park Pass discount when you buy your passes while checking into your DVC resort,
Is there a discount for the length of stay passes when purchased while checking in?
The only Park discount currently offered is the discount on the AP.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no other discount on park passes.

tkbk
05-05-2007, 11:14 PM
thanks for the answers.....and glad I looked into this more....it looks like since my husband is active militaary reserve we should get the stars and stripes discount which looks better then the online ticket discount for passes. Thanks!

CarolMN
05-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Just so you know you aren't going crazy, LOL -

There USED TO BE a 10% discount for DVC members on the Length of Stay passes.

The Length of Stay pass was discontinued when Disney introduced the Magic Your Way ticketing system.

If you don't need/want an AP or PAP, I'm sure the military discount is the best deal for you, since as you have already discovered, DVC doesn't offer any discounts on MYW tickets.

MaizeNBrew
05-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Like the previous posts have mentioned, there used to be a 10% discount on park passes, but no longer. The good news is that you can go to some online places to get discount tickets,and then have them transferred to your room key once you check in. So, although Disney didn't give me the discount, I was still able to manage the same discount another way. :mickey: