PDA

View Full Version : little ones magic hour

septembergirl
05-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Hello:
My fam, including DD3 will be at WDW for the period announced for the LIttle Ones Magic Hour. I realize this basically an EMH on specific mornings for Fantasyland geared to the preschool set but is this something we have to reserve upon booking or can we show up because we happen to have a "little one"?:confused:
Thanks.

wdw_bound
05-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Last year it was open to all resort guests. I remember this caused some controversy on the boards as many felt only those with little ones should be allowed in the park during this time. I am happy to report that we were there for three mornings of Magical Beginnings, and it was wonderful. There were kids of all ages present, but everyone seemed to respect the fact that it was really all about the little guys. Characters were all over Fantasyland, but would not sign autographs or pose for pictures (you were allowed to snap them, but no lining up for a posed shot). DS played "catch" with Minnie and Daisy, both kids played Hide and Seek with Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger, DD rode the teacups with Alice and the Mad Hatter. It was an amazing time - definitely worth being there to open the park. Again, all that was needed for entry was your key to the kingdom.

Have a blast!

septembergirl
05-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the info. That's sounds so great. I can't wait. September is too far away!!!:magic:

Lucyrella
05-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Well I am still a newbie at all of this, I have been to Disney before, even got to go underground Disney when I was 15, but with toddlers, I don't want them to miss out on an opportunity. So am I to understand that the Little One Magic Hours are the same as EMH? That they are one in the same?:confused:

Can someone please clarify?

tinksmom02
05-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I think they are KIND of the same, the exception being that during the Little Ones Time, ONLY Fantasyland is open, whereas during regular EMH, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open.

Plus, like others have said, the characters are out during Little Ones, to play with the kids and ride the rides.

Course, if I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

DANAM
05-05-2007, 11:10 PM
I am glad you asked about this. We are going in September also. :party: Does anyone know what attractions in Fantasyland are open? Or is it all of Fantasyland? I am really wondering about Ariel's Grotto. We miss this everytime because the wait is so long?:mickey:

walstib
05-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I am really wondering about Ariel's Grotto. We miss this everytime because the wait is so long?:mickey:

Ariel's Grotto wasn't open the mornings we did this last year. I can't remember any other attractions in Fantasyland that were closed.
The mornings aren't crowded at all, and we were able to finish all the rides, play with the characters, and even spent a lot of time with Pooh in his "spot".
Have fun !

septembergirl
05-06-2007, 06:21 PM
I think they are KIND of the same, the exception being that during the Little Ones Time, ONLY Fantasyland is open, whereas during regular EMH, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open.

So no Toontown then?

wdw_bound
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
At MK, only Fantasyland is open, Toontown typically doesn't open until 10. I don't remember what time Ariel opened, but I do remember checking on it during Magical Beginnings and making sure we were in the first group to line up. As for toontown, after the magic of the morning, we didn't go to Toontown for character interaction (we had princess meals scheduled and felt that nothing could compare with what we had in Fantasyland). We did go for the barnstormer and Donald's boat.

At 18 mos, DS was all about the characters during this time. DD8 and I rode Peter Pan, the Carousel, Pooh, IASW, Dumbo and the Teacups.

It was an amazing time - we still talk about it (even DS, who loves to look at photos from the trip).

Dakota Rose
05-06-2007, 11:52 PM
I'd heard of "magical beginnings" before but I had no idea this is what it was! Is this a year-round thing?

Figment!
05-07-2007, 12:20 PM
I'd heard of "magical beginnings" before but I had no idea this is what it was! Is this a year-round thing?It is a new annual event held in the Late Summer and Fall period.

The 2007 dates are August 26 through October 28, 2007

The event is comprised of the Little One's Magic Hour at the Magic Kingdom park and the Playhouse Disney In-Concert Series at the Disney-MGM Studios.

tinksmom02
05-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Jason, maybe you can answer my question about the Concert series. Isn't it just perfect that the ONE SET of dates they haven't announced yet is the week we'll be in the World? LOL My questions: is it typical that they don't have something scheduled yet? WILL they come up with something, in your opinion? They wouldn't NOT schedule something for that time period, would they?

DD's heart is broken because we're missing Dan Zanes AND Johnny and the Sprites.

Thanks!

emmatink
05-07-2007, 08:33 PM
We will be there for the last day (Oct 28th ) and are trying to fit in both the Little ones Magic hour at MK and one of the concert at MGM. Does anyone think this is possible? I know it's just 1 hour in the morning with the characters and we will catch MK again on another day for more rides. How quickly will we be able to get back to MGM to try to get tickets for one of the shows; I think it is Dan Zane while we are there?

MrPeetrie
05-07-2007, 09:26 PM
This sounds wonderful and this is the first time I've heard of this. (That's why I LOVE THIS SITE!:number1: )

I have a DD3, well she'll be 4 on the next trip and this sounds like something we'll enjoy! Thanks for the info.

Figment!
05-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Jason, maybe you can answer my question about the Concert series. Isn't it just perfect that the ONE SET of dates they haven't announced yet is the week we'll be in the World? The schedule has just been updated with Choo Choo Soul performing September 27 – 30, 2007.

How quickly will we be able to get back to MGM to try to get tickets for one of the shows; I think it is Dan Zane while we are there?It would be tight. Most park hopping can be anticipated to take between 45 - 60 minutes when transportation wait times and potential transportation switches are included.

There are park to park buses, however; they are not that frequent. As a personal example, In June we waited 25 minutes for a Magic Kingdom bus at the Animal Kingdom.

Otherwise you could take the monorail to one of those resorts and catch a bus to the Studios from there.

Dan Zanes is one of the more popular performances so tickets could go fast.

If you only stayed for the first half of the Magic Hour, you may be able to make it close to the Studio's open (in my personal estimation).