PDA

View Full Version : Went to WOD-NYC yesterday...

BklynChick
05-05-2007, 02:54 PM
While I normally work in Brooklyn, I spent Thursday and Friday at a training seminar in "the city" (as us outer-borough folks like to call Manhattan). The seminar ended at 3pm on Friday, and I was meeting family for dinner at 5:30pm. The seminar was on 57th and 10th, WOD-NYC is on 55th and 5th...you do the math.

I did a lot of browsing, and picked up a replacement for my pen-and-pencil set that ran out, plus a 35th Anniversary pin.

While I was upstairs, a CM passed by and said that Snow White and Dopey were going to be in the Friendship Room (aka Meet and Greet) in 5 minutes. He was apparently trying to rustle up a crowd, so I headed over. Now, I am never shy about taking pics with characters, but I do try to be mindful about how many kids are waiting. But since there was only two families in front of me, and only two behind me when they opened the doors, I decided to go for it!

The Photopass picture came really nice (and of course I ordered it...). Only disappointment was that the CM took a photo with my cell phone but didn't save it. Learned that lesson the hard way.

BTW if you are in "the city" be sure to check out M&M World on 48th and Broadway. Never been to the one in Orlando but this one is right up there with the original Las Vegas version. It makes the little Hershey's Time Square store right across the street look like a speck of dust (score one for Mars in the Chocolate Wars - Hershey's must be kicking themselves for not making their store bigger).

SBETigg
05-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Isn't it fantastic? We got pictures with Pluto and Donald when we were there. It adds a fun touch of Disney magic to NYC. :mickey:

biodtl
05-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I am going to be in NYC Monday and Tuesday, and even though I am scheduled out the wazoo, I intend to make time to get there! Especially since my next WDW trip isn't until Fall 08.