PDA

View Full Version : which resort for summer?

busterthebronco
05-05-2007, 02:42 PM
DW and DS are planning a trip out to DL and we need advice on which hotel.
does the monorail go through the disneyland hotel?
is the paradise pier nice?
is the grand cali worth the extra money?
help!

tinkwest
05-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Monorail stops in Downtown Disney, near the Disneyland Hotel and not too far from the Grand Californian Hotel's DTD entrance.

Sounds like a first time visit so would suggest the DLH which is the most Disney themed overall. Paradise Pier Hotel is also nice with fairly recent room refurbishments, if you are looking towards the least expensive of the Resort hotels. It is a little more removed from "the action" but not a far walk from the DLH. Grand Californian is the most central of the three with super easy access to DTD, DCA, & Disneyland but probably has the smallest rooms of the three. One plus is that most of its rooms have balconies. I don't think I have ever been disappointed with any of them.

BrerGnat
05-05-2007, 11:22 PM
The Grand is not worth the money. I liked my stay there, but I got an excellent rate with AP discount that I have NEVER been able to receive again. That hotel is now, in my opinion, the most overpriced hotel at either DL or WDW. The demand to stay there is great, however, and it is usually booked solid. People stay there to say they have. It is a lovely place, but the rooms are TINY (WL/AKL size). It is a poor value.

The DLH would be my recommendation. The monorail stop is closest to DLH. PP is nice, but it's nothing special. Certainly, I would not recommend it if you can take your pick among the three DLR hotels. If the other two are booked, though, and PPH is the only one available, I would recommend it over any of the off site hotels.

The DLH has the best pool, and has more stuff to do in general than the other two. Your son will love it!