PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Just Back From Wl?

Nicki'sMom
05-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I am staying at WL in Sept and I wondered if those just returning can give some feedback about their stay? What refillable mugs did they have, etc.

SgtTigger
05-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Well i am not just back but if you can wait 27 more days I am going down....

We are staying at the Villas and My Sister-in-law is staying at the Lodge.... So I will be glad to help then........

I have always love the lodge in my past trips....

:cop: :tigger:

pook@wdw
05-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Not just back...but going back! And more than likely to the WL again. Yes they do have the refillable mugs and the pool should be done w/the refurb by now. We have had all views and all of thyem were great. But we enjoyed the courtyard view the best. Kicked back on the balcony overlooking the pool, the 2 hot tubs, the bar and Bay Lake was very relaxing! The lobby is simply awesome,and the overall atmosphere is very laid-back and peaceful (except @ WC at suppertime) but that's another story and a great time too. We seem to spend less time on transportation when we stay @ WL as opposed to the other resorts we've stayed at. (tip-if you're an early riser, the dock @ sunrise is a wonderful place to be) :cloud9:

Catzle
05-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Leaving on Sat. May 12th, 6 more days! If you post again on the 21st so I don't forget I can give you all the details you would need on the WL!

BrerGnat
05-05-2007, 10:36 PM
I didn't just get back, but I was there in February.

My stay was excellent, with one minor complaint about the buses. I didn't like sharing them with FW and sometimes the Poly or GF. It made the trips to the parks long, and we had a relatively short stay so the transportation time really impacted us negatively. I would probably rent a car next time I stay at WL. In addition, it was very cold the whole week, and waiting for and riding the boats was sort of unpleasant. Thankfully, there is a direct bus to MK, so we used that when it was too cold for us.

That said, WL will probably always be my favorite hotel. We had a standard room with the most magical view of the MK fireworks at night :cloud9: . Our "lodgekeeper", Pam Rios was EXCELLENT, best I've ever had at WDW. :thumbsup: Our room was spotless upon arrival and she kept it that way all week. We never saw her :secret:...it was like magic. We were in room 6056. If you have a standard room, request a 6th floor room. You will feel like you were upgraded!

We had two excellent meals at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Our server for dinner was "Red", and she was hilarious, and a very heartwarming lady. She sat down with us and chatted for awhile towards the end of dinner, as the place was closing up. She was a doll, and our food was really great too!

The check in process was very smooth, but I arrived at 7:30am and was the only one around. The CM's were all super happy and I just couldn't imagine how, so early in the morning. Check in was a breeze, my room was not ready, so I headed over to the Villas and took in the Iron Spike room (on the recommendation of my Intercot friends) for some quiet and warmth (it was a cold, rainy morning).

The refillable mugs are the tall "travel mug" kind. They have the lids that you can spin the top to close off. They are a cream and dark green color with the WL logo on them. I admit, I only filled it up twice in 5 days. I just wanted a WL mug. :blush:

The pool was closed during our visit, but it was very cold so we would not have used it anyway. I have stayed at WL twice before though, and enjoyed the pool both times.

I spent a good amount of time this trip sitting in the lobby chatting with my sister and friend. It is a GREAT place to unwind.

I had a really good time and enjoyed my stay immensely.

I am pretty sure that the "lowest" I'll go, from now on, on the WDW scale of hotels is the WL. It's such a darn good deal, that I feel like I miss out immensely when I go down to the moderates and/or values. We went during value season, so our room was only about $225/night (rack rate!).

smickey
05-06-2007, 07:42 AM
We are going back this October and cant wait.

My DH went on a fishing trip when we stayed at the POR this last Feb and used the WL as the dock for pickup.
Once he went through the lobby that morning he said it brought back the memory of sitting in one of the overstuffed chairs in the early morning with his coffee, listening to the wonderful background music and just relaxing before the day started.
He said lets go back this Oct and stay at the WL. He didnt have to tell me twice, I booked it and can't wait!

Enjoy youself and have a magical time!:mickey:

mickey&missy
05-06-2007, 08:37 AM
You'll love WL! We stayed there in Oct and its great! I really can't say enough about it! Its a beautiful hotel, the atmosphere is great, the theming is great, the staff is spectacular. We really loved the vicinity to MK. It was sooo easy just to hop in the boat! Since we spend most of our time in MK it made our trip a lot more relaxing.

We loved the pool, the kids loved the water slide! The Geyser started a refurb a day or two after we got there so we only saw it once from the pool, but it was very cool!

Whispering Canyons is great, I can't wait to go there again, Roaring Forks in great for a quick breakfast, lunch or snack, we didn't eat in Artist Point but my MIL and FIL did and loved it, FIL really like the bar too.

I know we'll stay there many times more! Its such a great place!

Enjoy your stay!

Nicki'sMom
05-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Thank you for all of your great posts! To all that are going soon I will look forward to your post trip updates and to those going after Sept, I will post my experiences for you to enjoy before you go!

wdw_bound
05-06-2007, 10:06 AM
I have only one complaint about WL. Once you stay there, you can't imagine staying anywhere else :mickey:

Having my morning tea on the balcony in such peace and solitude - what a way to recharge! The boats are a great addition to the transportation mix. Not the fastest option, but if you are on a more relaxed pace, perfect!

Take the time to explore all the little nooks and crannies - there are sitting areas in unexpected places that are a great way to just "be." We got the large adult breakfast (think it was the bounty or harvest platter) and it was plenty for me and the two little ones - so a great was to save on CS credits. We also enjoyed stocking our fridge with supplies from the mercantile (at that time anything under $4 was a snack credit, so a half gallon of milk and a 12-pk of donuts were 2 snacks).

But the most amazing part of the WL is the service - the staff go out of there way to remember you and greet you and check on you. While we were there, we celebrated DD's b-day. Upon check in, I asked about ordering a cake to be delivered to the room on the afternoon of. Serita (CM at check-in) asked if DD liked chocolate and promised to take care of it. We got back to the room that day and found a delicious cake with a birthday card signed by Cinderella and some WL balloons. But the best part, according to DD? A WL card wishing her a Happy Birthday signed by the front desk staff :party: When we went back downstairs, Serita was on duty and called out "Happy Birthday, Princess," and both she and other CM's continued to acknowledge us for our entire stay. We are now WL fans for life :cloud9:

javamama
05-07-2007, 12:54 AM
I guess I qualify just got back 4/27:mickey:
Mugs were regular travel mugs, nothing special. We stayed in a 2BD Villa, very nice. My biggest compliment is that I left my sons "lovey" in the king size bed, and forget it there. I realized this on the ME:( I called from the bus, spoke to Lodgekeeping. They fowarded it to the lodgekeeper, she found it:D left me a msg, and mailed it back to us:thumbsup: I was very impressed, the lost and found dept helped also.
Biggest issue w/WL was checking in, we were told our room #, went up to it(mind you I have a 3 yo and 8 month old), and it was a queen size bed that was it:mad: The guy at the desk never said the other ajoinging room is yours too:mad: I never stayed in a Villa at Disney before I had no idea I was picturing something different in my head--kwim? I called down, and gave them an earful. Otherwise the buses were quick, and got us to where we needed to go rather quickly. Have fun!!

Crow
05-08-2007, 06:59 AM
cant wait for Sept when i will b there again. wish i could afford to stay there all the time, but only 2 nights that trip. even then im 2nd guessing due to $$
its been a few yrs, but i liked having the boat option for transport, AP is my fav place, the theming, gift shop, being by the water.
being able to walk to FW and eat at Trails End
i wish AAA was available for standard room though; had to book courtyard. mayb something will come along.
enjoy

HockeyKat
05-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Leaving on Sat. May 12th, 6 more days! If you post again on the 21st so I don't forget I can give you all the details you would need on the WL!

We check in on the 13th!!

We are staying on the villas side, for our first DVC trip. I will add to catzle's post if you post this question again on the 21st.

We don't do refillable mugs (drive and bring our own sodas/beer/snacks) so I can't help you there. We do plan on eating at WCC and Roaring Forks, though.

DH has stayed there before and loved it. We were hoping for BCV/BWV for our first DVC but they weren't available and VWL was, so we are trying it out. I have a feeling we will love it!