PDA

View Full Version : Ceaser's Palace w/ Kids. General Vegas Tips?

disneynarula
05-05-2007, 10:18 AM
We will be heading out to Las Vegas in August with our 10 month old and 3.5 year old. DH is going to a conference and the kids and I are tagging along.

We will be staying at Ceasers Palace.

Any tips on the hotel or general things to do in Vegas?

My parents live there so will be spending some time with them but they are not up on the kid scene.

BelleBeauty
05-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Plan on PLENTY of pool time. The pool at Cesars is my favorite in Vegas - breathtaking.

Janet89
05-09-2007, 03:41 PM
The pools are gorgeous at Caesars. That will probably be your best bet (hee).
Not alot for kids in Vegas. You might want to check out the animal habitat at Mirage, but it is pretty $$. We've never been through there, but, if you get bored with the pools, you might want to give it a try.
There are lots of shops attached to Caesars, called The Forum Shops. There is a FAO Schwartz store there which is really neat (3 levels). I believe there are other children's shops, too.
Have fun!

WelshieLover
05-10-2007, 10:41 AM
It has been a long time since we have been to Vegas, but when we went we took the kids to Circus Circus indoor amusment park and they loved it. All indoors and air conditioned - we were there in August.

CPT Trips
05-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Distances between things - even in the same complex - are vast in LV. Try this site - www.travel2vegas.com/messageboard.html - go to the "Getting There & Getting Around" section and look at the "sticky threads."

kris10399
05-15-2007, 06:17 PM
I think there is a shark reef at Mandalay Bay. I generally go every yr with DH to his conference there but never with our DD.

Other than the Mirage and shops, I can't think of much else.

SallyP
05-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Any tips on the hotel or general things to do in Vegas?

:) At the Mirage is Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat - we felt it was worth the admission just because of the Dolphin Pool.
You are permitted to be right at the pool edge and the dolphins literally come right up to you and look at you. Of course you are not permitted to touch them but boy you sure want to. The tiger habitat is just okay.

Hours: Open Daily

Memorial day to Labor day
• 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

Labor day to Memorial day
• 11:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. weekdays and
• 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. weekends

last admission 30 minutes prior to close

Admission: Adults • $15.00
Children 4 – 12 • $10.00
Children 3 and under • no charge when accompanied by an adult

:) On the south end of the strip by MGM Grand is a 4 story M&M World. Yes, 4 stories of M&M candy paraphernalia. Not just candy but also other types of merchandise.

:) MGM Grand has the indoor Lion habitat. When we were there in April they had 6 week old cubs, so they are probably still there and being bottle fed.

:) Definitely a stroll through the Venetian shops to see the gondolas on the water and the street performers (inside).

:) The Bellagio fountains outside and the whimsical gardens inside. Huge butterflies and snails made out of flowers and gorgeous huge flowers made from glass.

Have a great time. Just don't try to do everything in one day.

NJGIRL
05-22-2007, 02:40 PM
King Tut's Museum at the Luxor

The Fountains at the Belligo

The Freemont Experience at night

Hoover Dam

M&M Factory & Gardens

Knights's Show at the Castle

Rollercoaster at NY NY

Dolphins & Tigers at Ceasars

Gondola Ride at the Venetian

Volcano's at the Mirage

Rides at the Stratosphere

Adventurdome

Star Trek Ride....I can't remeber where

Antique Cars at the Imperial

and much more

SORRY I JUST NOTICED THE AGE OF YOUR CHILDREN!