PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinion on Disneyshopping Luggage

kswiz
05-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Disneyshopping currently has on sale a Mickey Red 3-Pc. Luggage Set. Could someone who has similar luggage from DS share their opinion about whether it is worth the $$$ ? Will it standup to the rigors of airline travel? Thanks, Martin

Description:

Durable polyester set features smooth-rolling corner wheels, recessed retractable handles, easy-grip Mickey icon zipper pulls, molded corner guards, top carry handles, self-repairing nylon coil zippers and more! Pullman has inner mesh pocket, side zip pocket and carry handle. Carry-on features interior detachable vinyl zip pocket, mesh zip pocket and more pockets. Pullman 26'' H x 18'' W x 10 1/2'' D. Carry-on 21'' H x 14 1/2'' W x 8'' D. Tote 10'' H x 16'' W x 6 1/2'' D. 1200 denier polyester with vinyl trim. Imported.

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 09:46 AM
WE have a few sets of Disney luggage. I looked at the web site and ours are a little different from the ones they are advertising. We use them all the time. They are not the most sturdy pieces you could buy but I think they are very nice. We have been using ours for years now:thumbsup: They were the same price I think as the ones they are selling now:mickey:

Melanie
05-06-2007, 01:24 AM
I bought mine at this time last year, and sad to say, the medium size one didn't really like traveling overseas. It eventually ended up losing both wheels. :(

mrsgaribaldi
05-06-2007, 04:22 AM
I bought mine at this time last year, and sad to say, the medium size one didn't really like traveling overseas. It eventually ended up losing both wheels. :(

That's a shame. The way they handle the luggage is ridiculous, like it's unbreakable. I bought Mike a nice large one that after using it a few times the frame inside was broken, which I think must be hard for them to do but they managed:(
Still we have gotten more than our moneys worth from the luggage. But we only went to Florida and back, no where else:blush:

sleepingbooty
05-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Do you remember what the price was for the set? We really need some new luggage, as we always borrow my parent's when we need extra pieces, but they're going with us on this trip!

sleepingbooty
05-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Never mind, I found it. Wow, $55 is awfully cheap for a set - I can see why you'd want to ask about the quality. But at that price it'd be pretty hard to pass up. I wrote down the sizes, and I'm going to look at some luggage today when I go shopping so I can see if those sizes are what I want (hard to visualize from the measurements), and then I think I'm going to order a set. By the way, and you might already know this, but if you put "SHIPFIVE" in the promo code box, you'll get $5 shipping through midnight tonight. :thumbsup: