PDA

View Full Version : Oringinal Disney Costumes

DisneyDudet
05-05-2007, 05:46 AM
OK... I think this would be the best place to put this...

I'm looking for very original Disney costumes to make for the MNSSHP. I don't want it to be too expensive. I also don't want it to be too big, so that I can't do rides easily.

This is going beyond the normal tourist or Jungle Cruise operator and into super original.

Any ideas?

Beast_fanatic
05-05-2007, 04:42 PM
You're in the right place.

Unfortunately, not a thing comes to mind right now (which is why we ended up as tourists last time). :blush:

kakn7294
05-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I assume that you want character costumes? I'm also wondering if you (or whomever is making these costumes) sews, how many you need, and whether or not you want "matching" characters - Mickey and Minnie, the Dwarfs, etc. I'll think about it a while, look for your reply, and post again later!

DisneyDudet
05-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Well, I was wanting something like park inside jokes. I thought of Captain EO costumes or the Dreamfinder... but way too hot and I'm not that good!

kakn7294
05-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Okay, I've been thinking about it and focused on attractions that aren't there any more. What about a dancer from the Diamond Horseshoe? You could actually purchase a costume and wouldn't have to make one. I wouldn't think that would be too hot either. My other thoughts were Captain Nemo, a character from Mr. Toad, or the Timekeeper but those might be rather hot and difficult to make. From a current attraction that people don't think much about, you could be either the mom or girl from the Swiss Family Robinson movie. My DDs' suggested Madame Leota but I'm not sure you want to (or be able to) walk around with a fishbowl on your head all night!