PDA

View Full Version : Bride and Groom Mouse Ears?

broadway315
05-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Hi all! I'm new here, so I'm not sure where to put this question.

My fiance and I are currently planning a trip for January 2008. At that time, we won't be married yet, and no amount of cajoling has convinced him to have our honeymoon at Disney. So my question has two parts. A) would it be horrible of me to buy us bride and groom mouse ears and wear them around the parks when we are only engaged? and B) are there any special benefits to wearing the mouse ears (extra attention from CMs?)?

Also does anyone know how much they cost and if I can get them online before we go?

DisneyDudet
05-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Most people I've heard from that wore the ears did get a lot of special attention. For me, it would be a personal decision. I wouldn't wear them. Thats my opinion. Its the same as wearing birthday buttons to the parks when your birthday was 3 months ago. They do special things sometimes, not guaranteed. I wouldn't want to take that way from someone else.

Not so sound mean or anything, its just how I feel about that.

If you are wanting to get them.. you can always try ebay, but they will be pricey. You can call Disney Merchandising at 407-363-6200 and they can help you with getting the ears!

You know... I hope your soon to be hubby isn't as grumpy about the hat as he is about your honeymoon! Come on.. who doesn't want a Disneymoon!?

celebrationasheley
05-05-2007, 12:35 PM
My husband thought it was stupid and didn't wear them. WELLLLLL I got us, special performance on stage at Beauty and the Beast. Fast passes from random CM. At the drive in, they put a "just married" bumper sticker on the back of the car and a free dessert.If we would have gone to fantasmic,they give special seating also. I still had my nails done and hair, from the day before... I wasn't wearing the Just married button. So if you are planning on getting the button just be ready for the question "when did you get married."
HAVE FUN!

showmethemouse
05-06-2007, 12:33 AM
A friend of mine just came home from disney and she brought home the bride and goom ears for me and them cost 18 dollar each

Mickey91
05-07-2007, 11:10 AM
A friend of mine just came home from disney and she brought home the bride and goom ears for me and them cost 18 dollar each

If you want anything embroidered on them, it is extra. I think only around $2.00. Shipping is very high. I would wait til you get there. You can even have the actual date embroidered on there.

I think Disney understands that sometimes we have to celebrate on an off day. I don't think it takes away from the magic or anyone elses magical day. We ate at the Garden Grill a day before my daughter's 6th birthday and the CMs, of their own choosing, surprised everyone by bringing out a birthday cake and singing Happy Birthday to her!! It just made the week that much more magical and memorable. I say go for it.

Belle619
05-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Yes, they are $18 - I just bought myself the bride ears at WDW just over a month ago. My sister (who was with me at the time) is planning on having me wear them to my shower and bachelorette party. Unfortunately, I knew my fiance` would never wear the groom's ears - so I didn't buy those - but they were definitely cute!

I say wear the ears - there is only a limited amount of time when you can, so why not?!?!?! The CM at the store was trying to convince me to wear mine the day I bought them because I was a bride-to-be.

Congrats!

CandleontheWater
05-08-2007, 05:53 PM
My Husband and I bought ours on Main Street the night we got engaged and wore them around the parks the whole next day. We also wore them on our honeymoon, and plan on wearing them on our anniversary trips. I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing them if its not your honeymoon, they're just hats. If anyone asks tell them that you're celebrating your engagement. Being engaged is such a special time, you should live it up and enjoy it as much as you can.