PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passholders- win a sneak peak of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage!

Mufasa
05-05-2007, 01:55 AM
Disneyland Annual Passholders- log in to the Disneyland website where you can enter a contest to win a chance to preview the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage attraction at Disneyland on either June 6th or June 7th.

Guests are encouraged to select multiple time periods to increase their chances of winning, but they are only eligible to win a single time period. Annual Passholders may only enter the opportunity drawing once and will not be able to modify their entry once it is submitted.

June 7, 2007 is a blockout date for Southern California Select and Southern California Disneyland® Resort Annual Passes. If your time slot is on June 7 and you have one of these Annual Passes categories, you will be allowed access to Disneyland® Park without purchasing a blockout ticket.

All members of your party must be present and show their valid Disneyland® Resort Annual Passport. Admission is non-transferable.

Winning time periods will be strictly enforced. Guests will only be allowed to enter the attraction queue at their winning time.

The sneak peek event may include long wait periods, is subject to temporary closures and may be canceled at any time. Winning the opportunity drawing does not guarantee admission to the attraction

NotaGeek
05-05-2007, 02:25 AM
:yay: Thanks SO much for the info Mufasa! You ROCK! Luckily that time frame is EXACTLY when I plan on being at the park anyway! WOO HOO! :mickey:

Melanie
05-05-2007, 02:27 AM
Darn! Wish I was still going to be a passholder at that time, since I'll be there on the 8th. :(

Chescat
05-05-2007, 03:21 AM
Thanks Mufasa, just signed up. Only time I couldn't check was 8:00-9:00am on June 7th. I can't even think of arriving at the park that early. :blush:

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mufasa!

I entered. I wish everyone luck in winning a time slot!

:balloon:

2Epcot
05-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks Mufasa, I entered for one of the days ... the other is my long work day. :mickey:

BrerGnat
05-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I just entered for both days.

Wish me luck! :mickey:

*tinker_belle*
05-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Wish i could enter but i'm blocked out on those days. We're going on the 12th for my post-birthday trip. (I'm blocked out on my birthday, i wish they could bend the rules...)

NotaGeek
05-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Wish i could enter but i'm blocked out on those days. We're going on the 12th for my post-birthday trip. (I'm blocked out on my birthday, i wish they could bend the rules...)

They did bend the rules. Here's the official Disney stance:

* Winners will be notified by e-mail on or around June 1, 2007. Only winners will be notified.

Guests are encouraged to select multiple time periods to increase their chances of winning, but they are only eligible to win a single time period. Annual Passholders may only enter the opportunity drawing once and will not be able to modify their entry once it is submitted.

June 7, 2007 is a blockout date for Southern California Select and Southern California Disneyland® Resort Annual Passes. If your time slot is on June 7 and you have one of these Annual Passes categories, you will be allowed access to Disneyland® Park without purchasing a blockout ticket.

All members of your party must be present and show their valid Disneyland® Resort Annual Passport. Admission is non-transferable.

Winning time periods will be strictly enforced. Guests will only be allowed to enter the attraction queue at their winning time.

The sneak peek event may include long wait periods, is subject to temporary closures and may be canceled at any time. Winning the opportunity drawing does not guarantee admission to the attraction

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is inspired by Disney·Pixar's "Finding Nemo." © Disney/Pixar

Chescat
05-07-2007, 04:08 AM
Got to DLR about noon today (5/6/07). We went via Monorail through Downtown Disney. They had the submarines going today and could see them from the monorail (we were there last weekend for 3 days and saw nothing). Don't things always happen when you don't bring your camera. Saw 4 going at once. It looked pretty awesome. It looked to us like it was just the engineers and possibly we were thinking that also there might have been some training going on with who ever is driving the subs. I can't wait. :D

Marla
05-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks Cat for the information. I'm the one that always brings the camera, then forgets it in the car, or hotel room.:rotfl: :laughing: I entered the lottery for both days. We do not have any plans to be there,...but if we win I'll make a un-planned trip in for sure.:thumbsup: :tink:

Mufasa
05-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Intercotees should remember that if you happen to be 1 of the prize winners for this preview of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, that you'll have the opportunity to bring up to 5 additional passholder guests with you (yes, those in your party also need to be valid AP holders).

They're awarding a total of I believe 2,275 slots for the preview over the two days (up to 13,650 guests maximum to experience the attraction during the preview) so if there happens to be a winner amongst the group on Intercot and you have extra slots open, I'm sure other Intercot AP holders will step up and gladly be a part of your group and you all can write up trip reports about the attraction.

Chescat
05-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Arg, never thought about asking for 6 people, I asked for 4. I wish they weren't waiting so late (6/1/07) to let us know if we got a time or not. Doesn't give us much time to tell our bosses we want off at a certain time. Or people like Marla to make plans ahead.

I have a couple people of Intercot people that may make it if one of us gets a slot (Marla and Varcity). We'll see what we got left over a few days ahead and let people know.

We going to see you there Mufasa. :)

Mufasa
05-15-2007, 03:43 AM
For those keeping track of the progress on the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland- the construction walls circling the lagoon have come down, offering guests a good glimpse of the lagoon and passing submarines in testing as we approach the opening date of the attraction.

Before park opening on Monday we had a nice, fun little re-comissioning ceremony for the Submarines with Disneyland Resort President Ed Grier, Imagineer Tony Baxter and U.S. Navy Vice Admiral John Morgan on hand to deliver some short comments (with a nice touch when the Vice Admiral ordered the attraction CMs on hand to prepare to man the fleet) as the Disneyland Band played the National Anthem and Anchors Aweigh as if just seeing the Submarines cruise around the lagoon wasn't enough to get everyone excited to see their return to the park.

2Epcot
05-15-2007, 12:17 PM
For those keeping track of the progress on the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland- the construction walls circling the lagoon have come down, offering guests a good glimpse of the lagoon and passing submarines in testing as we approach the opening date of the attraction.

Before park opening on Monday we had a nice, fun little re-comissioning ceremony for the Submarines with Disneyland Resort President Ed Grier, Imagineer Tony Baxter and U.S. Navy Vice Admiral John Morgan.

Thanks for the update Mufasa, can't wait to get over there and see the new attraction. :mickey:

Chescat
05-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Wow, can't wait. I was over there on Friday afternoon looking from the monorail. I saw the submarines going around and some workers there still doing a few things. Must be getting it ready for the Pirate premiere this weekend, so they can show people the outside of it. :)

NotaGeek
05-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Well, I am going to be at DLR June 7-9 for sure, now I just need my Nemo preview tickets!! COME ON! The wait is killing me!

BrerGnat
05-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Intercotees should remember that if you happen to be 1 of the prize winners for this preview of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, that you'll have the opportunity to bring up to 5 additional passholder guests with you (yes, those in your party also need to be valid AP holders).

Mufasa, did they change this? When I put in my entry, I read the "fine print" very carefully and it mentioned that the winner could bring up to 5 additional guests, but that they did NOT have to be AP holders. Perhaps I just misunderstood.

In any event, if I win, I will be bringing my two boys with me. They are both under 3, so they don't have AP's obviously. Will I be able to bring them on with me? Cause, if I can't, then I cannot go.

Chescat
05-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Mufasa is the expert, but I did just look at the sign up area again. It says:

"All members of your party must be present and show their valid Disneyland Resort Annual Passport. Admission is non-transferable."

Not sure what happens with the kids, seems like they should be allowed in that head count. :confused:

Check out all the cool things you can now purchase also under the same area where the Nemo sneak peak is. :D

Mufasa
05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Mufasa, did they change this? When I put in my entry, I read the "fine print" very carefully and it mentioned that the winner could bring up to 5 additional guests, but that they did NOT have to be AP holders. Perhaps I just misunderstood.

In any event, if I win, I will be bringing my two boys with me. They are both under 3, so they don't have AP's obviously. Will I be able to bring them on with me? Cause, if I can't, then I cannot go.

You would be able to bring your boys with you, since children under 3 aren't charged admission (thus they wouldn't have an AP).

However, all guests that are ages 3 and above will need to present a valid AP (and it's a good idea to be prepared to also have a separate photo ID on hand also for all members of your party, even though the Disneyland AP's have a picture on them just in case).

Mufasa
05-22-2007, 03:24 PM
And here's the obligatory Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage safety information:

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is an underwater adventure experienced inside an enclosed, semi-submerged vessel.

CAUTION

Those who are made uncomfortable by enclosed, dark spaces should not ride.

Supervise children at all times.

Must be ambulatory

Accessible Experience Available

Spiral Staircase

As noted above, guests wishing to board will have to be able to negotiate a spiral staircase to get in/out of the subs.

For those guests unable to transfer out of a wheelchair for example, there will be an alternate experience (in other words, you'll go into a room and get to essentially watch a video of the underwater experience).

There is no wheelchair lift or a special submarine that is able to accomodate guests in wheelchairs.

The experience is aimed at families and should not be scary for little ones (except for one show scene where the sub will rock a bit from side to side).

BrerGnat
05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Hmm...thanks for the info Mufasa. I was wondering how the boarding will work. I'm not 100% sure my youngest will like this ride, though, since he's not a fan of the dark.

I guess the best thing to do would be for me to ride first, and then determine if it's acceptable for my kids.

BrerGnat
05-22-2007, 06:00 PM
How long is the actual ride?

Mufasa
05-22-2007, 07:00 PM
How long is the actual ride?

It will be on-par with It's a Small World or Pirates of the Caribbean- a little over 14 minutes for the round-trip voyage.

Chescat
05-22-2007, 07:51 PM
I have to laugh, the one thing I always remembered about the submarine was going down that spiral staircase and sitting in those uncomfortable metal seats. I did see in the latest passholder newsletter that they added 2 more seats. So at least there is 40 seats in each submarine now (at least I think it used to be 38 before?). :)

So Mufasa, is Pirates the longest ride in the park at 18 minutes or so??

Mufasa
05-30-2007, 05:13 PM
If you go to the podcasting section of the Disneyland website, you can view a short video clip that offers some more peeks at the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and some insight into a few of the new advancements that have been made on the attraction:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=PodcastingSpecialEventDetailPage

Mufasa
06-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Emails have been going out notifying winners of the AP previews for the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage- be sure to check your email for a message from [email protected] (don't forget to check that spam folder also) to see if you've won.

If you're a winner, you would receive a message like the following:

Congratulations! You're taking the plunge with Nemo!

You have been selected to participate in the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Annual Passholder Sneak Peek at Disneyland® Park. Here are the details of your time slot:

Date: June 6, 2007
Time: Wednesday 10am - 11am
Total Party Size: 6
Annual Passport Barcode Number:

Please print this e-mail and present it - along with a valid Disneyland® Resort Annual Passport for each member of your party - to Main Entrance ticket booth #8 at least 30 minutes before your time slot.

June 7, 2007 is a blockout date for Southern California Select and Southern California Disneyland® Resort Annual Passes. If your time slot is on June 7, and you - or a member of your party - has one of these Annual Pass categories, you and your party members will be allowed access to Disneyland® Park without purchasing a blockout ticket - just present this e-mail at the Disneyland® Resort Main Entrance ticket booth along with your Annual Passports.

We look forward to seeing you on June 6, 2007!

Your Pals at Disneyland® Resort

All members of your party must be present and show their valid Disneyland® Resort Annual Passport. Admission is non-transferable and may not be sold. The winning Annual Passholder must be present for the party to enter the sneak peak event.

The sneak peek event may include long wait periods, is subject to temporary closures and may be canceled at any time. Winning the opportunity drawing does not guarantee admission to the attraction.

Information subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is inspired by Disney·Pixar's "Finding Nemo." © Disney/Pixar

BrerGnat
06-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the update. Nothing in my inbox so far, although I'm still hoping to be a winner. It will most likely be my only chance to ride for a LONG time, so wish me luck! :thumbsup:

Marla
06-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Has anyone won yet? Inquiring minds want to know.:tink::dory:

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-01-2007, 08:20 PM
:dory:

WooHoo!

:sail:

I'm so happy. Now scrambling to come up with plans on how to get there for my window. Guess I shouldn't wine because I was lucky enough to win.

:cloud9:

I've been so lucky with Disneyland! Won this plus tickets to the kick-off party for the 50th Anniversary. Thank you so much to everyone!

:wave:

A special thanks goes out to Mufasa because if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have known about this.

I'm coming to Find you . . . .
:nemo:

Marla
06-01-2007, 08:45 PM
:congrats::yay::dory:I'm so Excited For You!!:dory::yay::congrats:

BrerGnat
06-01-2007, 08:58 PM
That's Great PPP! You'll have to tell us all about it. :mickey:

I guess I didn't win. :( Nothing in my inbox from Disneyland today. :( :(

Just waiting to see if my sister or her husband won. They've offered to take me along if either of them wins.

Melanie
06-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Yay Scott! :joy:

Michael, Michael????

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Thank you Marla, BrerGnat, and Melanears!

Will definitely tell you all about it. I'm so excited already.

NotAGeek hasn't heard anything as yet.

:(

Chescat
06-01-2007, 09:51 PM
BlueGenieAce got one also. :thumbsup:

Me I'm still looking at my email? Guess its like grass growing huh! :(

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-01-2007, 09:53 PM
:congrats:Happy for you BlueGenieAce!:congrats:

What time / day did you get?

NotaGeek
06-02-2007, 02:11 AM
Clearly Disney/Pixar hate me. UGH! Congrats to the winners though ... I will be at DLR Weds-Sunday next week, so if you have an extra ticket, I am your man! I will even throw in a churro! :mickey:

Chescat
06-02-2007, 04:21 AM
:congrats:Happy for you BlueGenieAce!:congrats:

What time / day did you get?
He got it first thing in the morning. But here's what I find interesting. He just gave them a select time he wanted to go and got it. I picked everything for each day (but these 8:00am one). TinkCollector did too.

I'm wondering if they aren't giving the selected ones out first, then the rest of us since we didn't have a preference. We can only hope. :cry::crying:

BTW, they were letting some of the cast members on this morning and this afternoon. Later it looked like an 1 1/2 hour line tonite from what somebody told me. Lots of Disney people and Imagineers all over the park today.

Melanie
06-02-2007, 05:23 AM
Clearly Disney/Pixar hate me. UGH!

I'm sorry, Michael! :( I was looking forward to the first-hand, right after you get off the ride, account.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Melanie, I'll give you the scoop right after I exit the attraction.

:nemo:

2Epcot
06-02-2007, 03:47 PM
I won for Thursday morning 9am to 10am. As of right now I'm supposed to work at that time. I'm going to try to switch with someone to work on Friday. I have two tickets ... I got one for my wife but she won't be able to get out of work.

NotaGeek
06-02-2007, 06:24 PM
:wave: Sounds like you might have an extra ticket! :mickey:

2Epcot
06-02-2007, 06:48 PM
:wave: Sounds like you might have an extra ticket! :mickey:

If I can get the day switched, which I'm about 75% sure I can, then I will have an extra ticket. I won't know till probably Monday afternoon.

Marla
06-02-2007, 06:49 PM
I really like Chescat's theory. I'll keep checking my e-mail hopefully we'll still get one Cat!:tink:

Mufasa
06-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Congratulations to those who won a spot in the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage AP Preview.

Unfortunately, all emails were sent out yesterday so if you haven't received an email yet (remember to check those spam folders carefully) then you were not selected.

As we get closer to opening day, more merchandise related to the attraction is starting to appear in the parks, including one of my favorites- a great attraction poster now available (done in the style of the classic attraction posters that pays homage to the original Submarine Voyage attraction poster)- I think a nice, small matted version of the attraction poster runs about $35.

BrerGnat
06-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Just FYI, you can bring up to 5 GUEST AP HOLDERS with each winning email.

So, Chris, you can take Michael (Notageek) even if you ALSO bring your wife...

Mufasa
06-03-2007, 01:08 AM

Actually it depends- at the time that passholders submitted entries for the AP preview they were asked how many additional passholders would be attending and the total party size is also listed in each individual e-mail confirmation so unless they were included at the time of entry, you can not bring along additional guests.

NotaGeek
06-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Actually it depends- at the time that passholders submitted entries for the AP preview they were asked how many additional passholders would be attending and the total party size is also listed in each individual e-mail confirmation so unless they were included at the time of entry, you can not bring along additional guests.

:thumbsup:

Chescat
06-03-2007, 01:39 AM
Well Marla, guess we lost out then. Genie the only luck one I know of other than Pinocchio. Bummer! Strange of all my friends that are passholders, not a one got it. They pick like 1 an hour it seems like. Oh well.

Guess I'm waiting until October to ride it. :)

Lucille
06-03-2007, 10:11 AM
I can't wait to hear all about the previews. I have to wait until September to ride, and that is if I can shove my pregnant belly down the hatch :mickey:

2Epcot
06-03-2007, 11:14 AM

I only requested two tickets, and only selected a couple of times on Thursday. I work all day on Wednesday, and can't get out of that. I figured my best bet to go was early Thursday. My wife is in a new job so she can't get away during work time. I guess I should have asked for more tickets.

Chescat
06-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Great news, BlueGenieAce has invited Marla and I to go with him on Thursday. His folks actually got their tickets also. Thank you BlueGenieAce.
:thanks::thanks:

Chescat
06-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Totally awesome! We rode Nemo today around 1:00pm. There were 7 of us and we all enjoyed it very much. The people ranged in ages of a small child to people like me & Marla that rode the original submarines in the 60's and 70's.

There is so much going on that I can see now that we will have to ride this a lot of times just to see everything. The animation and sound is great. Marla and I begged to go back on. Hey figured it was worth a try. :secret:

The passholder ticket booth for the pickup and the entry to the actual submarines I feel was done very well and very coordinated. The wait we had for the ride was one cycle (boat loaded ahead of us, then the next one coming in and unloading).

Only thing that concerned us was the seats. I was sitting between two bigger guys and felt like a sardine. I think adding that additional seat may have cramped things. There were more adults on the ride than normal, so maybe when you intermix with kids, its better. I changed seats with Genie otherwise he wouldn't have fit where he was sitting. Also it takes a long time for everybody to go down that spiral staircase. Little one with us was a little scared going down the steps in her princess dress. We had her surrounded by adults.

I recommend this ride to everybody. :thumbsup:

- I didn't say this, but they said there will probably be a soft opening tomorrow, June 8th -

JayBee
06-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a brand new Premium Annual Passholder and this is my first post! Woo-hoo!

I had entered the drawing, but didn't win. A co-worker of mine (and fellow PAP) entered, and DID WIN! Her daughter couldn't go, so I was lucky enough to take her place. So I made yesterday my first day as a PAP, and it made my visit so much more memorable!

I rode the original subs in the '70s, and it was neat to see them in use with an updated theme. The feeling of being squished was definitely present. Butt cheeks abound. I don't have children, so am not sure about how scared young ones might be. But as long as you're not afraid of enclosed spaces and love the wonderment of the deep blue, I would recommend this ride to everyone.

:bolt:Next trip I'll be running straight to the subs upon gate opening, to avoid the long lines.

Thanks for making these message boards available. I've come here more than once in search of information, and have been excited to find what I'm looking for and more!

Melanie
06-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Thanks to a wonderful friend and an awesome CM, my boys and I got to go on Nemo today. Yes, they were letting folks besides AP holders on.

It was awesome! As others have said, there is a lot going on, so multiple rides will be necessary to take it all in. I really liked Darla and my boys liked the mines. The jellyfish scene is incredible!

Congrats Imagineers - this is something wonderful for the whole family! It's great seeing the lagoon active again. :nemo:

Mufasa
06-08-2007, 01:31 AM
It's great to be able to read the early first-hand reports on the attraction and you can't help but smile when you're onboard a sub and hear the reactions from kids of all ages at the sights and sounds while passing through liquid space.

I hope that everyone had brushed up on their whale speak just in case, and in the end was successful on their voyage to view an active underwater volcano without running into too many surprises along the way (you know, before any strange encounters*).

Hopefully our little friend Nemo wasn't lost for too long and was able to be found, though I'm sure he'll manage to find a way to swim off again to explore which means plenty of repeat trips in the submarine to help find him again.:nemo:

* For fans of the original submarine voyage, pay close attention when the captain makes his remarks because if you just happen look at the rocks/coral at that moment you might just be able to make out the image of the beloved sea serpent or even perhaps a mermaid in those rocks.

NotaGeek
06-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Thanks to 2Epcot (aka Chris) I got to experience the Subs today ... and thanks to a CM on Wednesday I got to ride at 9am when there was no body waiting in line! In short, it was AMAZING and will definitely need a couple of rides to soak it all in! WOW is not even enough to describe it!

Kudos to WDI for their amazing updates, effects and all the cool new sights of the ride... you people ROCK!

tinkwest
06-08-2007, 03:51 AM
Thanks for all of the positive reports everyone!! :nemo:

Just knowing that this part of the park is active again is a great feeling.

Chescat
06-08-2007, 04:58 AM
The reaction from the little one in our group was excitement when she saw Bruce the shark! I love their now recite the following lines: Fish are friends, not food.

The jellyfish scene was awesome and also the lava flow.

And Dory with the just keep swimming! :)

Carol
06-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks for all of the detailed reports! :nemo:

I cannot wait to ride next month. :woohoo:

ChipDale
06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for all of the detailed reports! :nemo:

I cannot wait to ride next month. :woohoo:

Ditto that! I'm really getting excited to ride this! :chip: :dale:

Lucille
06-08-2007, 04:14 PM
I loved reading all of the reports and I look forward to more!

September is just too far away!!

2Epcot
06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks to 2Epcot (aka Chris) I got to experience the Subs today ... and thanks to a CM on Wednesday I got to ride at 9am when there was no body waiting in line!

You're welcome it was great meeting you Michael, and being able to take you on the sub.

I would also like to thank a great CM who let me on a second time later in the afternoon on Wednesday, as he did a few other AP holders who wanted to ride. It's been so long since I've ridden the old subs, I had forgotten a lot of things about how the attraction used to be. The new version has so many little things to see, you just want to keep going back.

The seating can be a little cramped depending on the size of the adults. When I rode the second time I was next to a large person, but luckily our row had two extra seats, and we were able to spread out a little bit.

I found the ride amazing. I love all the details. I can only imagine how much work Imagineering spent on just designing the way the bubbles look from the sub. I thought those were great, especially when mixed with lighting elements outside the sub. Visually you feel like you are going deep under the ocean.

I thought the animation blended so well with the live elements, that in many cases you could not distinguish them. How Imagineering synchronizes so many elements always amazes and fascinates me. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't ridden yet, but as someone already mentioned, the lava was great ... I am still not sure how it was done after seeing it the second time. I also loved the jellyfish scene in the attraction.

I actually had to give up some work to go see it, so it actually cost me a bit of money to attend the preview, but it was certainly worth it. When I'm back at the park in two weeks with my niece and nephew standing in the very long line, I can tell them it is worth the wait. Great job to all the Imagineers who brought the subs back to Disneyland in such a grand way. :nemo::dory:

BrerGnat
06-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Great reports.

There was a soft opening today. The line at 10:20 was an hour. I TOTALLY wished I could have done it but I just couldn't. Had my baby with me, it was HOT already, and the line was in the direct sun. Plus, I had to be leaving in about an hour, so knew I would cut it too close if I got in the line.

Strangely enough, a LOT of people just passed on by, even when they found out the ride was open. :confused: And I mean, a LOT. I got off the monorail and pretty much watched the whole train of people ahead of me just walk on by.

Mufasa
06-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Strangely enough, a LOT of people just passed on by, even when they found out the ride was open. :confused: And I mean, a LOT. I got off the monorail and pretty much watched the whole train of people ahead of me just walk on by.

I think perhaps a lot of the early guests today might have thought that the attraction was still only doing a limited preview, but as word of mouth has spread about the soft opening today the lines did start to form later in the day.

I think we're also waiting to see a bit just what sort of wait people are going to be willing to tolerate- perhaps some guests figure that if the line is past say 90 minutes they can check back later in the hopes that the line would get shorter later in the day but with the submarines that's not really going to be the case (Credit goes to the CMs that have been doing a nice job of cycling people onto the attraction as efficiently as possible).

At least having fastpass on other attractions allows people to in essence be in two lines at once, although this will definitely adjust park dynamics as people rush off to grab fastpasses for something like space mountain to hold onto while they wait out their time in the queue for the submarines so across the park there is going to be an effect on all attractions and how people will approach their touring plans for the day.

At this point- roughly 8:30 pm today, they've started to taper off and hold access to the queue to ensure that all of the guests that are currently in the queue at this moment will have an opportunity to ride the attraction this evening.

Mufasa
06-08-2007, 11:57 PM
It is so nice to read all of the positive feedback and words of appreciation for Imagineering- we definitely should also recognize the collaboration and contributions from our colleagues at Pixar and certainly the dedication of everyone from management to our guests who all fought for the return of the submarines.

What I love about having the submarines back is the energy it brings back to this part of Tomorrowland and then the visual impact you get from seeing those submarines travel through the lagoon (and it will be enhanced further when the new Mark VII monorails make their appearance in the coming future).

It is personally rewarding as part of the submarine team to help bring back an attraction which a lot of people have fond memories of and now being able to extend and share that magical, only at Disney experience with a new generation, while still mainting respect for the original.

One of the minor details I love about the new show for the submarines is the playing of an instrumental version of Beyond the Sea as you're returning to the dock- makes me think of some of those great past attractions in Tomorrowland with their jazzy soundtracks as you would walk down the exit queue. Even though the subs now feature a lot of impressive new technology, the entire ride feels like an instant classic that should continue to delight guests for many years to come.

BrerGnat
06-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Mufasa, I would like to personally thank you and ALL the Imagineers and everyone who was responsible for this ride coming back! I'm sure it must be such a "warm and fuzzy" feeling to see people all hyped up about something you all worked so hard on for SUCH a long time. I imagine the rewards of your job are very much worth the work you put in.

I agree that the Lagoon looks gorgeous, and those bright yellow submarines are way cool! :thumbsup: I rode Monorail Red into Tomorrowland this morning and was just so happy to finally be able to SEE the lagoon, without construction walls, and actually filled with water AND submarines. ;)

I seriously can NOT wait to ride this, but it's going to be very tough for me to do so with these long lines. I'm playing "single mom" (until my DH returns from his current military assignment) to my two boys (almost 3 and 1) and the three year old is autistic, but he LOVES fish and ocean life, so I can't wait to get him on it.

I am going to try with the little one again next week sometime. Hopefully, we'll get on!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Greetings to all,

Just a note to say thanks to those that made my birthday visit to DLR a very memorable one. Getting a chance to go on Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage three times made it so worth it.

Thank you to Mel & her great boys, Mr M, Mr B, and the amazing cast members and imagineers who made it all possible.

The attraction is amazing. I want to go on it again tomorrow, but unfortunately live in Phoenix.

A special thanks goes out to Taryn who was the sweet cast member working the Monorail queue. She definitely provided an excellent magical moment.

Nemo rocks! Can't wait until my next visit. Just have to figure out when that will be.

:cloud9:

Carol
06-13-2007, 09:09 AM
What have the lines been like this week? I've seen photos and people saying 4+ hours. :jaw:

Mufasa
06-13-2007, 10:21 AM
What have the lines been like this week? I've seen photos and people saying 4+ hours. :jaw:

I think we will still just have to wait and see just what the wait times will average out to be, especially with a weekend crowd (and since school is still in session for most of the SoCal area kids until this Friday).

Yesterday, the average wait through most of the day I would estimate to be probably around 2 hours.

Most of the time the line only got out to the old motor boat cruise loading area, where at the longest on Monday it was well past the IASW plaza and doubled back along the Fantasyland walkway almost to where the teacups are at the very worst of what I observed.

I've heard some feedback from people waiting in the lines that at least the queue for the most part is constantly moving while you're waiting. It definitely looks a lot worse that it is in reality (although to see all those people lined up in the switchbacks can be very scary) but the CMs do a great job of monitoring the line for line cutters and I think having the additional ODV snack carts and options nearby have helped. Still, it hasn't been as warm as it could be later this summer.

They operated the subs right at opening and as part of early entry but by park closing even with the promise of keeping the subs open up to an additional 2.5 hours it hasn't been necessary to do that just yet. I think on Monday the last guests in line boarded around 1:30am and yesterday by park closing the wait was about an hour to cycle the last guests through if you're willing to stay up that late to get on the subs- it might be different for a Friday or Saturday evening with people more willing to stay up late if they're not having to head to work the next day.

The next few days probably won't be as good of an indication of what to expect with the park scheduled to close early for grad nights.