PDA

View Full Version : How to get from Disney to other Orlando parks

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
05-04-2007, 09:46 PM
OK, before you all throw rotten tomatoes at me and call me a traiter and non Disney purist, Disney is THE BEST!!

Having said that, my wife and I are considering taking our daughter to Sea World for a day. We'll be flying down to Disney - boy will our arms be tired! :)
And we won't be renting a car.

Are there ways to get to other area attractions, or are my only choices to rent a car or hire a taxi?

Marilyn Michetti
05-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Orlando public transportation leaves from the TTC every half hour. It's about a 20 min ride, and cost's $1.75 (maybe $2.00). It lets you off right in front of the park and picks you up on the other side of the road, again, on the half hour. Check at the TTC ticket office for the exact times.

It also goes to the "other" parks. (I'm not being snotty - I'm having a Sr. moment, and can't remember the names).
:blush:
Hope this helps.:)

celebrationasheley
05-05-2007, 01:18 AM
They pick you up at your resort to go to universal, sea world. Last time I used mears transporation in 99 it was 25.00 round trip.
The plus side of having a taxi drop you off at the drop off by city walk is you have half the walk to get to the park than that if you were to use your own car.

faline
05-05-2007, 03:48 PM
The public Lynx bus system leaves from the Ticket and Transportation center. You can check their schedules on-line.

You can rent a car fort he day from the Car Care Center or the Dolphin. Both Alamo and National are on site though only one of these options is availabe at the Car Care Center.

You can also use a taxi. I've heard that taking a taxi from Downtown Disney to SeaWorld is a bit less expensive than taking if from your resort.

For door to door service, you can hire Mears or another car service to transport you.

Rockstar Boyfriends
05-05-2007, 05:32 PM
It's easier to take a bus from WDW to Sea World rather than Universal. You don't have to transfer to get there. I think if you take route 43 (the one that goes along the Central Florida Parkway), you can get from the TTC to Sea World. Also, Mears will take you. I believe it is $16 per person. Otherwise, try a towncar for around $70-$80 RT.

Piglet822
05-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Mears is $17 round trip per person. Call the night before to make your reservation.

If you do take a taxi, take Disney Transport to DD and catch the taxi from there. Several folks have done that and it's a bit cheaper.