PDA

View Full Version : First time to Orlando!

ChristiLuke
05-04-2007, 07:35 PM
My husband and I (along with my best friend Noelle) will be visiting Orlando June 1st - the 3rd. Can anyone suggest the best cheap places to stay that possibly might have airport shuttle/free breakfast? What is the best park including Island of Adventures & Universal Studeo's? We only have 3 days and I have no idea what we are going to do in that short of time. Any help would be GREAT! Also - if anyone knows of good cheap hotels in Tampa please holler!

Thanks!!!

NotaGeek
05-05-2007, 02:29 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

Oops! Wrong forum ... you are in the Disneyland section ... hold on to your hats and glasses, it's gonna be a bumpy ride over to the WDW Vacation Planning section ... :mickey:

faline
05-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Do you plan to visit Disney World at all? Personally, I'd select a Disney park as the best park! :mickey:

I don't know a lot about hotels/resorts off Disney property so can't help you with that.

If you're not renting a car, be sure to check the shuttle policies of any place you're staying. Many run infrequently or not at the times that would work best for maximum park touring.

As you're asking about the greater Orlando and Tampa areas, we're going to make one more move!

bleukarma
05-06-2007, 01:03 AM
As far as Tampa hotels go...since I live in Tampa I may be able to help you with that since I live in Tampa. But Tampa is big...what area do you plan on being in? Around Busch Gardens? That would be north Tampa. If you plan on going to the beaches then the best hotels would be south tampa or around the airport. north tampa isn't the best area to stay in, but I'm sure there are some cheaper hotels out there.

Speedy1998
05-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Here you will mostly find opinions that the Disney parks are the best. For a trip with only adults I recommend EPCOT or Disney Studios (unless you are addicted to everything Disney like most of us on this board, then I would recommend Magic Kingdom).

Based on a report that the TEA (Themed Entertainment Association) released a few months ago about 2006 themed park attendance, the majority of people agree that the Disney parks are the better parks to visit.

The top 8 theme parks in the world by attendance are Disney parks. Magic Kingdom had 16 Million visitors last year which was double the visitors the top non Disney park had (Universal Studios Japan number 9 on the list with 8 Million visitors). Universal Studios Orlando only had 6 Million visitor in 2006 and IOA only had 5.3 Million.

This is the link for the full report. http://www.connectingindustry.com/pd...tendance06.pdf