PDA

View Full Version : A question for cruise "pros"

GreenBeetle
05-04-2007, 07:12 PM
To all those who have cruised before . . . do you have a game plan for contacting family members when you are separated on the ship. It seems from everything I read, that family members (including children) all go their own a lot of the time. What is your plan for keeping in touch and finding each other at designated times. Since cell phones won't work, is there a tried and true method?

Thanks. :cool:

TammiMcMan
05-04-2007, 10:04 PM
It's my understanding that walkie talkies will work in most areas of the ship. We usually planned out our day at breakfast, but we used the stateroom and posted sticky note messages for each other.

DisneyDudet
05-12-2007, 05:13 AM
We got a magnetic note pad and put it on the door of our stateroom. We all usually had a plan and said this is what we were going to do, but sometimes, my parents wanted to go up on deck after a rest and I was out, so they just left a note for me. You can also call the staterooms from the house phones located all over the ship.

There were a few people who had walkie talkies.. but that was one more thing for us to carry around, so the notepad worked for us.

After a few days... you know where your family likes to hang out... :cool:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-13-2007, 12:13 AM
I never seemed to have a problem finding my sisters on the ship. We just seemed to be able to find each other and we were in 2 seperate cabins. Notes left in the cabin should work though.

crazypoohbear
05-13-2007, 03:22 AM
My son's left notes in the cabin for me. I didn't mind the 16 year old doing it but when the 11 year old was suppose to be in bed sleeping because he didn't feel well and his aunt was across the hall with DN and I came back to the cabin to find his pj's on the floor and a note saying he went to play basketball at 11:00 pm!
(he turned the cabin tv on to the ship channel showing the basketball court!) I nearly lost my mind!!!!!!