PDA

View Full Version : your ideal new theme

autumn
05-04-2007, 06:29 PM
what would be the greatest new hotel theme at disneyland resort?

i would love a mid-century space theme, like the jetsons come to life type of thing.

NotaGeek
05-05-2007, 02:36 AM
I think it would be really good to use some of the land Disney presently owns to put in some Budget Accommodations for park-goers to enjoy at less than the REALLY steep prices at the 3 existing properties! SO many people utilize Neighborhood Hotels because they can't afford the regular Disney properties!

future_imagineer
05-06-2007, 09:14 AM
I think it would be really good to use some of the land Disney presently owns to put in some Budget Accommodations for park-goers to enjoy at less than the REALLY steep prices at the 3 existing properties! SO many people utilize Neighborhood Hotels because they can't afford the regular Disney properties!

I agree - although I have a feeling that they are making gobs from the three hotels currently, so I wouldn't expect it.

meldan98
05-07-2007, 12:29 PM
We go do DL twice a year usually and to stay on property for 3 nights is just as expensive as going to WDW for a week. There's just something wrong with that. We have yet to stay on property because we just can't justify the expense.

autumn
05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
we can dream, though, right? we can just pretend that this fabulous new hotel WOULD be budget-priced. :cloud9:

i am sticking with my jetsons idea (not the actual jetsons, but something with that mid-century, space age feel), but maybe also an art deco or a '20s place would be cool!

2Epcot
05-07-2007, 11:58 PM
It would be nice if Disney built some hotels similar to the Pop Century, and the All Star Resorts near Disneyland...Though probably on a smaller scale due to the lack of land. I've only stayed at the Paradise Pier hotel in all my visits to Disneyland. I'd love to stay at the other hotels, but as was said before, it is hard to justify the expense. I've stayed at several of the other non-Disney hotels around Disneyland.

Jessie
05-28-2007, 05:20 PM
I think building hotels that compliment each of the lands would be great. They could be of the value nature and still be fun! A space themed resort, fantasy, etc.

Cinderella_68
06-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Since NOS is my favorite land, I'd love to see a moderate resort along the lines of WDW's Port Orleans French Quarter. Since they already have one on the East side of the country, it's not like they'd have to reinvent the wheel or anything! Imagine being able to enter your resort and "forget" that there is a whole city outside! Priceless!
I'd also love a Carribean/Pirate-themed resort. Imagine how cool the pool area could be!
Just wishing...

*tinker_belle*
06-04-2007, 02:56 PM
I would also love to see maybe a 20's or 30's or even 40's style hotel much like the theme in ToT. Spooky yet fancy and antique with big band swing music playing. Classic...
Also i like the Pirates theme idea, kinda like Treasure Island in Vegas.
This is fun. What about restaurants? I would love to see a Pizza Port restaurant in Downtown Disney that looked just like the one on Toy Story. I always thought that would be so cool. It's kinda like a space themed Chuck E Cheese. LOL

autumn
06-12-2007, 04:07 PM
ToT theme would RULE. :yay:
i always feel like they rush you through that lobby room so quickly, and it's my favorite part! oh, that would be so glamorous and awesome.

LibertyTreeGal
06-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Hmmm.... a Jetson's, retro Tomorrowland-themed POP Century style resort would be awesome.

How about a resort with Disneyland memorabilia? The old flying saucers, a submarine from 20K, the organ from Swiss family Treehouse.... *sigh* I might not leave the resort......

I would also like to see an Asian themed resort either in DL or WDW, japanese gardens, that sort of thing. Very tranquil -- but it would have to be far enough away from DCA that you couldn't hear the screaming .......