PDA

View Full Version : what's the best kept dining secret?

autumn
05-04-2007, 06:25 PM
what's the place you eat at that you think people don't really know about and should try more frequently? not talking about the best food, just the best combination of food and relative lack of popularity.

for me it's pizza oom mow mow in dca. the food is pretty fresh, the service fast, and it's always empty.

NotaGeek
05-05-2007, 02:37 AM
Breakfast at Tomorrowland Terrace ... croissant sandwich and a drink for about $7!

Clotho
05-05-2007, 04:42 AM
My understanding is that Red Rocket's is a dream when it comes to the chicken fusili!

For me, I think the Turkey leg is STILL a best kept secret. We can SHARE one for a meal at $6. Grab a soda, and we have a lunch! Can eat it anyplace. Protein power for the rest of the day!:number1:

tinkwest
05-05-2007, 11:00 AM
:pine: White Water Snacks near the pool at the Grand Californian Hotel.

Usually quiet and uncrowded. Indoor and outdoor tables available. Extremely casual, some may be eating in their swimwear.
Help yourself to sandwiches, salads, desserts, drinks, etc. Or order pizzas, hamburgers, and the like from the grill. Breakfast items are also great. Generous portions that can easily be shared will still giving everyone their fill.

BrerGnat
05-05-2007, 11:11 PM
White water snacks IS yummy. I wish it was more convenient, though. It's hard to find...

My favorite "secret" is Bengal BBQ. I love the food here! It's hard to tell it's even a CS spot.

Second favorite: gumbo in a bread bowl underneath the stairway to the Disney Gallery in New Orleans Square. The place is called the Royal Street Verandah...take your food over to the wall near the Rivers of America and enjoy the view!

Third favorite: Jazz Kitchen Express in Downtown Disney. I love the full service restaurant, but for quick eats, this "hidden" counter service place next door serves some pretty darn good food and it's inexpensive to boot!

slegrant
05-06-2007, 11:03 AM
a few places for me, My wife and I like roaring forks in the Wilderness Lodge (great breakfast)
Crockett's Tavern at Fort Wilderness for Pizza and Nacho's.
Nine Dragons in China @ EPCOT, the whole family loves dinner there.:mickey3:

NotaGeek
05-06-2007, 12:59 PM
a few places for me, My wife and I like roaring forks in the Wilderness Lodge (great breakfast)
Crockett's Tavern at Fort Wilderness for Pizza and Nacho's.
Nine Dragons in China @ EPCOT, the whole family loves dinner there.:mickey3:

:welcome: to INTERCOT!

Good choices ... but this is the Disneyland Forum ... please keep favorites dedicated to the original Disneyland Resort! :thumbsup:

Disneyluvr2
05-06-2007, 06:56 PM
I love the fried chicken dinners at Plaza Inn but it's WAY TO MUCH food for me! Instead, I order a kids chicken dinner. For less than $7.00 you get a chicken leg, mashed potatoes and gravy, a biscut, apple sauce and a drink! It's one of the best deals at the park!

*tinker_belle*
05-06-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm all about the kids meals too. I usually eat my way through the parks anyway so by meal time, kids meals are perfect! My favorite little spot is the mint julep and fritters bar at the back of French Market in New Orleans Square. Not a meal place but i love funnel cake and mint juleps and they also have other yummy desserts! It's a hidden jewel.

kingkong
05-16-2007, 04:05 PM
I love the chimichangas from the cart that sells the Turkey Legs at the end of Main St.

That, and the big red corndog wagon.

Of course, one of the best kept dining secrest would probably be Club 33 :secret:

DoomBuggyDude
05-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Tucked way back behind the farm area of DCA
is Farmers Market.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/dining/detail?name=BountifulValleyFarmersMarketDiningPage
It's never crowded, I've never had a problem
finding a table and the fish & chips are great!
Chicken strips and salads aren't bad, either. One of those
three and a drink was about $7.50. Not Bad!

Chescat
05-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Pacific Wharf cafe in DCA (love the soup in the sourdough bread) and Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country.

What I like about Country Bear is you sit upstairs in the back and you can watch the trains, you can watch the people canoeing by or the Columbia & Mark Twain go by. Its kind of peaceful back there where you're out of the real craziness of the rest of the park. :D

*tinker_belle*
05-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I'd also like to add the Blue Ribbon Bakery for a quick but yummy sandwich. We didn't know you could get sandwiches here and often times that's all we are really looking for to eat so this is a nice cute place to pick up a pre-made but good sandwich.:D

disneylandrea
06-01-2007, 07:31 PM
River Belle Terrace! love the atmosphere.

Tink&Goofy
06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
We have always loved the Carnation Cafe on Main Street. Its tucked out of the way, but still right on main street. They have great deli sandwhiches (which are enought to split!) and a great "kids palette" where they can create their own PBJ sandwhich (with various other toppings). Its outside, but shaded between buildings, trees and umbrellas. Rarely have had to wait more than 5 minutes to be seated. Great place! We go there several times each trip for lunch!

drevlo
06-27-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm a self proclaimed Turkey Leg Junkie. I cannot help myself...and now I've got my daughter hooked as well!
If we're staying "on property", our favorite breakfast spot (if you can call it that) on the way to the parks is Wetzels Pretzels! Simple, cheap, easy to transport, and filling.

(Insert Homer voice here)
"Mmmmmmm...buttery salty goodness.."