PDA

View Full Version : just for fun - how often do you go?

autumn
05-04-2007, 06:21 PM
here's a question just for kicks: how often do you go to disneyland? i suspect this might be crazy, but i go about once a week. i just love the atmosphere and the happy memories!

BelleBeauty
05-04-2007, 08:36 PM
I wish I went more often! Since I am not a west coaster - yet - I average going about every 6 months. My hope is to go about once every two months once we move.

wendybird
05-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I go at least once a week. I live in Anaheim and am an Annual Passholder. I've been doing it for years (since annual passes came out for $100). I used to go with a girlfriend on 1 or 2 weeknights just for the exercise . . .you don't realize how much you walk. Fun way to get in some cardio!! Now I go with my DH and DS who's 2. Sometimes we don't even ride anything. I, like you, LOVE the atmosphere and memories. Can't walk down Main Street without smiling.:mickey:

*tinker_belle*
05-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I used to go maybe twice a year. Then i got really into going with my boyfriend at the end of last year. We went about 4 times in the course of 5 months. We upgraded to annual passes in February and went to the parks every couple weeks until he left for boot camp a month ago. I'm still going to utilize my pass even if he can't. We have already gotten our money's worth though!
I agree with the memories, they can't be beat. I love that feeling you get when you walk through the turnstile at Disneyland. It's incredible and i get washed over with a youthful, magical feeling.:mickey:

2Epcot
05-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Before I lived in CA we used to go at least once a year. After I moved to Hollywood, I got down to Disneyland about 5 or 6 times a year. Now that I've moved to Orange County I hope to visit more often ... though right now, I'm still unpacking. :mickey:

Disneyluvr2
05-06-2007, 06:48 PM
I have a Premium AP although I live 500 miles away in Norther Calif. I try to make at least 3 trips a year (More if I can!). If I lived closer, I'd be there every day!

DisneyLandMomma
05-07-2007, 01:36 AM
When we still had our Premium APs, we went at least once a month...sometimes 2x a month. We live an hour and a half away or else I'm pretty sure we would of went more often than that!

Our APs expired in July and we haven't had the extra money to get them again. I'm just waiting patiently for June(bonus time at DH work :D ). I've been having withdrawals :drama: because we haven't been since November.

Like someone else said...when we go down, sometimes we don't even ride anything. We would go down to just eat and walk around. Eating is my husbands favorite thing to do at DLR. :eat:

:laughing:

Melanie
05-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Since "discovering" Disneyland in '03, I've averaged around once a year. I'd love to live closer and go more often. Maybe, just maybe, in the future! :fingers:

autumn
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
i love hearing all the reasons why people go! youthful feeling washing over - that sounds about right. :mickey:

Marla
05-08-2007, 02:51 PM
We used to go about every other month. But, now that DS is 18, and the passing of my Father we have not been as much as I would like. Now, if I get in three or four times a year I'm doing well.:tink:

SebastiansDisneyMama
05-08-2007, 07:00 PM
In High School I went every other month from the SF Bay area. If my mom new where I went she would of killed me. I've been Going to Disneyland a minumum of twice a year since I was 18 months old! Now I'm lucky if I get to go twice a year. But my son who is 2 is following in my footsteps and everytime he sees a comercial for Disneyland, he says we Need Go Disneyland Daddy!!! So there is hope for my future!

DisneyPrincess75
05-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I go once a month or once every other month :mickey:

susy the groomer
05-10-2007, 12:44 AM
I go 2-4 times a year. It's my favorite place to be.

frozman
05-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Grrrrr... I have only been once *points to signature*, it was a trip 17 years in the making, worth every minute. Look for me at Disneyland again in the year 2024!

Belle619
05-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately, I'm only averaging one trip per year. This is not good!

I'm in Chicago though, so it is hard to get out there as much as I'd like. I think I'm going to really try to alternate between DLR and WDW every six months or so, that way I don't go into Disney withdrawl!!!

So far so good, was in WDW in March and will be going back to DLR in October! :mickey:

TwinPrincesses
05-22-2007, 03:11 PM
I am so jealous of all of you.
We live in Northern CA and go about once a year for a whole week. I would go all the time but the 7 hour drive with 6 kids is pretty rough--especially now that we have 2 teenagers who are involved with lots of school and extra curricular activities. DS is scheduled to march at DL with his marching band in 2008, so we will make at least 2 trips that year.

Jessie
05-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Well when I lived closer, I worked there so that doesn't count :laughing: but on my off hours I went at least twice a week. It seems I could never get enough of the place! I actually moved to the east coast and haven't been back in almost 6 years. I'm DYING!!!! The trouble is I'm terrified of planes. So a trip to CA would be a big ol trip that would take lots of time. :(

SignguyTom
05-29-2007, 01:50 PM
We make the 6 hour drive a couple times a year. We just bought into DVC and will be adding a big trip to WDW every year or two to the mix. A DVC resort in DLR would be soooo cool!! :thumbsup:

future_imagineer
05-29-2007, 03:17 PM
We are going for the first time in July! However, we do visit WDW a little less than once a year (we live in Austin which isn't exactly convenient to either), and are extremely excited about going to DLR!