PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe??

butterfly18237
05-04-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm thinking on going to Whispering Canyon Cafe. Can anyone tell me about it and what they liked and disliked? I want it all the good the bad and the ugly hehe! thanks in advance!

FriendsofMickey
05-04-2007, 05:10 PM
We enjoyed the Whispering Canyon cafe. I say it is definately child filled and very loud.
My girls found the horse round-up and the ketchup antics a lot of fun.
The food was good.

We will definately be re-visiting on our coming vacation.

DVC2004
05-04-2007, 05:18 PM
It's loud and there's alot of horsing around. It's fun, but don't go if you are in the mood for a quiet meal or easily embarrassed. This is an interactive kind of place and uniquely Disney.

The food is good but nothing to write home about. The milkshakes are great. Be sure to ask for a straw and for Ketchup.;) :secret:

rblais1968
05-04-2007, 07:31 PM
It is loud and very interactive. The kids will love the antics. The food is served family style.

Jared
05-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Whispering Canyon Cafe is a loud, fun restaurant. The server really hams up the experience the same way servers do at 50's Prime Time Cafe.

The menu has a la carte items, but the family style skillet is most popular.

The skillet starts with a salad tossed with an apple vinaigrette and delicious cornbread. The entree is smoked pork ribs, pulled pork, roasted chicken, pork sausage. Those meats are accompanied by mashed potatoes, baked beans, cole slaw and corn on the cob.

:mickey:

bcornette
05-04-2007, 09:05 PM
We went to Whispering Canyon last year and the food was great!
Our server wasn't one of the most outgoing ones, but it was still a fun experience.

Definitely a fun time for anyone who likes to "horse" around!

Donald A
05-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Went there for breakfast before the dining plan was around so we found it to be a good all-you-can-eat breakfast platter at a decent value. I don't want to spoil it but the wait staff can be somewhat "obnoxious." Not a place to go for a quiet meal.

butterfly18237
05-04-2007, 09:57 PM
thanks its definatly going on my list :thumbsup:

When ordering the canyon skillet, does everyone in your party have to get it or can once person and someone order and entree off the menu?

And with the skillet on the dining plan do you still get desert?

Thanks everybody your the best

bcornette
05-04-2007, 10:22 PM
If on the Dining plan and you order the all you can eat skillet you don't get an appetizer for that person but do get dessert. We had some people get it and others got the rainbow trout which was very good.
I would recommend some people other entrees like the trout so there are some appetizers to enjoy while the servers are beinh there wild and crazy selves. If you are looking for a quiet meal this is not the place, but if you are looking for good food and a very interactive, playful staff I highly recommend it.

Tink#64
05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
We did WCC last year & the four of us loved it! DS's are 9 & 11 & they thought it was alot of fun! It is loud, but if you have kids - you are already used to this. It was fun for the kids because it was such a lively interactive experience. We had the family skillet deal, I can't remeber what all we had, but it was regular food, it was good & we all ate. Oldest DS is very picky & he loved it! And then taking time to explore the Wilderness Lodge was awesome. It is an amazing resort!:thumbsup:

KylesMom
05-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Although DH is typically not into the social "mix", he has deemed Whispering Canyon his second favorite restaurant in all of Disney World. First, because of the fabulous Waite Staff in making us feel welcome and not rushed, and second due to the bar-b-que all you can eat skillet. I had to make two ADRs for dinner and one ADR for breakfast during our upcoming vacation for him!

When he had to give all the kids in the restaurant wooden nickels for their antics, I thought he would be a bit put off, but he really had a great time (and that was our second dinner). So it can be for those who embarrass easily as well since the staff is great, DS had a blast & the food was a great value!

One thing to note - if you're looking for a quick table service meal, this is not it. Each time we ate, we spent almost two hours hanging at Whispering Canyon. They almost had to roll us back to our rooms!

butterfly18237
05-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Oh we are planning tons of time, This is our welcome "Home" dinner. It will be our first night there. So I cant wait. So I"ll make sure to ask for straws and that ketchup. Thanks everybody. Keep giving me pointers. I love to here about it.

momof3boysinTN
05-06-2007, 11:34 AM
We have eaten at WCC on each of our trips sometimes more than once! We like the food the wait staff and the FUN!!! If you are looking for a great family friendly atmosphere WCC is a must!!:cowboy:

GrmGrninGost
05-06-2007, 01:25 PM
We loved eating at WCC!! DKs had a blast!! Loud and definitely kid friendly! Good food and lots of it! Enjoy!:mickey: