PDA

View Full Version : Im So Excited

jazzy
05-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Hello fellow intercot patrons. Its been a year since my last post and i have missed u all :mickey:
I have big news ......
I AM GOING ON THE DISNEY CRUISE WOO HOO:joy:
I plan to do land and sea package with sis and 3 kids in 8/08 so as u imagine i have tons of questions here we go.........
whats i like boarding the ship what do u see
whats the sail away party like
hows the food
how can 5 people sleep in a cat 6 stateroom
what excursion do u recommend
r u quarintiend for any kind of sicknesses:sick:

I appreciate any advice that is given. i am
on:cloud9: and i cant wait to go.

TammiMcMan
05-04-2007, 10:21 PM
whats i like boarding the ship what do u seeYou'll have a boarding pass issued at check in and they'll call the numbers when it's time to board. The terminal is setup with couches, there's a little gift shop, a replica model of the ship and you can also stand out on the balcony and watch them load the ship and do maintenance. At some point, one or two characters will make an appearance for photos. When you pass through onto the ship, they have a photographer available to capture your families excitement. Upon entering the Atrium, cast members are there to greet you and welcome you aboard. You can grab a buffet lunch in one of the available restaurants, or go right to the pool and eat counter service.

whats the sail away party likeThey cover up the Goofy pool with a deck for dancing. CM's and characters entertain you with song and dance as the ship pulls away from the dock. If you look out towards the dock, you'll see the terminal employees waving goodbye.

hows the foodYou will not go hungry. There's something for everyone and if you don't see it on the menu, ask anyway. They are there to make sure you have a great time.

how can 5 people sleep in a cat 6 stateroomA category 6 only accomodates a maximum of four guests. There's a queen bed, which can be separated into two single beds, plus the couch, which is setup as a single bed at night and a pull down single bed that comes out of the ceiling. I'm guessing that one of the children is under the age of 3, so they would provide a pack & play that would fit next to the couch/bed.

what excursion do u recommendOne of the most popular is the Dolphin excursion. Many of the excursions do have a minimum age requirement, so you probably want to double check that if you have a little one. Flounders is the nursery where you can arrange for child care. It's available for children under 3 and there is an extra charge. That's an option if you wanted to do an excursion with the older kids.

r u quarintiend for any kind of sicknessesAbsolutely yes. Prior to getting on board, you must sign a document that states you have not had any virus like symptons within the past 48(?) hours. If you do get ill on board, you will have to stay in your stateroom. Washing hands often and using Purell can't be stressed enough.

A great book that I found on Disney Cruises, is the Passporters Guide. You can find it on Amazon or even at your local Barnes & Noble. It has detailed information about everything on the ship and rates all the excursions.

Tinkermom
05-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I share you excitement :joy: as we too are going on our first Disney cruise in 2/08! I bought the Passporters Guide a couple of weeks ago, it is great! I have been scouring the web learning all I can. I need to chill though, I still have 9 more months!:blush: ;) I cannot imagine what I will be like after Christmas...

jodijo
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Congratulations! Have a wonderful time.

I share you excitement :joy: as we too are going on our first Disney cruise in 2/08! I bought the Passporters Guide a couple of weeks ago, it is great! I have been scouring the web learning all I can. I need to chill though, I still have 9 more months!:blush: ;) I cannot imagine what I will be like after Christmas...

We are going 2/17/08- Maybe we will see you!

DisneyDudet
05-12-2007, 05:52 AM
whats i like boarding the ship what do u see
If you get there early enough, you'll check in and get a boarding number for your party. Once they start boarding, they will allow guests w/ disabilities and concierge to enter first, then by number. While waiting, Tammi did mention activities. You can also register kids for the kids activities while you wait. I suggest eating before you come, as there's really not a lot to eat, so make sure you have breakfast! Once you walk through the "Mickey Silhouette" you will take your picture if you want, and move to the main atrium! Its a sight! There will be plenty of CM's there to help you with where you need to go. If you need to make Palo's ressies, they can show where it is, and lead you to where the lunch buffets are. You can do the buffet up top or at Parrot Cay. Its pretty much the same thing, but you can sit outside when you go to the one up top (Beach Blanket I believe on the Wonder... Topsider's on Magic). The Parrot Cay's buffet is open first. It wasn't crowded, and it was quite good! You then can walk around until your stateroom is ready (we got a card that said what time).

whats the sail away party like
The sail away party is pretty much the stage setter for the energy of the trip. Its loud and fun and crazy! Its fun for kids and families to watch and get to know your cruise staff. You don't want to miss the end of the sail away party... THE HORN!! Its the greatest thing and as I think about it.. it brings tears to my eyes! It just is the one thing that if I'm sad or just kinda in a slump on the trip.. when we leave port... there it is! My horn! If you want, you can bring some bubbles to blow as you leave.. it adds a little fun to the event!

hows the food
um... pretty much AMAZING! I never ate so much food.. and its the best food I've ever had! I want to go back for the 4 cheese pasta!!!

how can 5 people sleep in a cat 6 stateroom
Tammi already answered that for you. If you can't, you can always get a connecting room (there are some) and have plenty of room, and probably cheaper than a more expensive cat.

what excursion do u recommend
I don't know much about the excursions, but if you go online, you should be able to find some descriptions, or just keep looking here for info.

r u quarintiend for any kind of sicknesses
Yes yes yes. You should do it anyway. Tammi, I think the flu like symptom thing at check in is 72 hours, I may be mistaken. But if you get ill, head to the infirmary right away. Usually they will have you stay in your room and come check in w/ them the next morning. I needed some bandaids (duh me for not bringing any.. i'm a nurse!) and there was a woman in front of me talking to the nurse saying that she had to come get cleared so she can eat breakfast and get off the ship. She had gotten sick in the restroom near the theater and a CM heard her and made her go down and get checked out. It was just sea sickness. They take this very seriously. You use a wipe or hand gel (provided) before all meals and before returning to the ship. I would want to do it anyway... so many germs. I even brought some cheap disinfecting wipes and wiped down all handles and buttons just in case (i know what lurks out there!).

If you have any questions.. we can help!

TammiMcMan
05-12-2007, 08:49 AM
The Palo's buffet is open first. It wasn't crowded, and it was quite good!I think you might have meant Parrot Cay here.

DisneyDudet
05-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Yes I did.. and I didn't proof read!!! Thanks Tammi... I'll change it in a min!