PDA

View Full Version : TiggeRia's April Trip Part 1 (long)

TiggeRia
05-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I just thought I'd post some thoughts about my most recent trip to WDW!! :mickey:

My DM-(om) and I decided in January that we wanted to get away, and what better place to get away to than Disney! Even better-getting away to Disney during the Flower and Garden Festival!!!!!

We left on April 21st, which was a Saturday. In retrospect, I should have suspected what was going to happen, it was a weekend after all...but alas...I shall never travel on a Saturday again! We arrived at MCO around 11 am, made our way to the ME, and waited. The lines were huge! The ME to check in took about a half an hour to get through and then we waited for our bus for about an hour. Looking back, I guess it wasn't really all that bad, but I will stick to flying on "off" days from now on. :blush:

We got to the Pop in the early afternoon, and check in was actually a breeze. We had a quick bite to eat in EP (not on the dining plan). Then our room was ready, so we headed over there and decided to take a nap since we had both been up since 3 am.

Feeling refreshed after an hour or so, we headed to DTD along with many many others from our resort. We waited quite a bit for the bus, but it was ok...we were finally in DW!! We started off in the Marketplace and wandered all the way over to the West Side. Didn't really buy anything, but we did stop for a Margarita and Pina Colada and sat and enjoyed the weather.

After DTD, we headed over to EPCOT, grabbed some dinner in The Land and then rode with Figment...such a catchy tune....:mickey:

We scoped out some seats for Illuminations at 8 , watched the show at 9, and then made the long trek back to the bus stop, which was always the last one since we were at the Pop.

Day 2 we woke up early and headed straight to EPCOT. I had never been there for the park opening before, so that was a must. Once inside, we headed straight for Soarin'--along with everyone else. We grabbed a FP, hopped on the ride, ate breakfast, then used our FPs. That is DM's favorite ride. Next was LWTL, TTw/C, and some flower gazing.

Those flowers and topiaries were absolutely gorgeous--so bright and colorful. I took so many pictures of them. We wandered through Tinkerbell's Fairy Garden--way too cute. I wanted to buy a fairy house to bring home for our garden, but no one was selling them. :( Guess I'll have to make my own. We wandered over to TT, but the standby was well over an hour, and I'm just not that patient. :blush: We went to the butterfly tent which was also very cool--got lots of great pictures there. The floating flowers and sprawling gardens were simply amazing, too! Definitely a great time of year to go!

We then wandered around the WS, in Norway to ride Maelstrom (my first time). We then headed to the other side to catch the WS Players--I love watching them. The participants were great this time! Then we grabbed a Grey Goose Slush from France-(yum!) and went to watch Off Kilter. I love their music and wound up buying two CD's. We then took our time wandering around the countries and shops headed towards Italy. We stopped for a drink there-I had a glass of Rosa Regale. I am not a wine person, but I really enjoyed this and even ordered two bottles after I got home!

We had ADR's at Alfredo's at 5, and we were seated shortly after checking in. The food there was delicious--that was another first for me. After dinner we hopped on the monorail and made our way to the MK. We got there at 7 and saw that people were already sitting and waiting for the 9 o'clock Spectromagic parade. We grabbed seats on the curb, and then took turns going exploring. By 8 we both sat and held our seats, in fear that someone would try and take them--and there certainly were people who tried to squeeze in. Spectromagic was wonderful as usual, and then we stayed for Wishes, which was amazing as well. A perfect ending to the evening. :cloud9:

SBETigg
05-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow, first time riding Maelstrom? I love it, but it's really short, isn't it? Sounds like a great time. So nice for you and your mother to share a little getaway. Thanks for the report!

Belle's Mom
05-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I wish I could get my mom to go to Disney with me!! You are lucky!! Glad you had fun:mickey: :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 04:22 AM
I'm going to try that Grey Goose slush in a few days. Sounds like a good first day, even with the long waits. I love the Rosa Regale too:secret: Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

merlinmagic4
05-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the report! The flowers are beautiful right now, aren't they?

sleepingbooty
05-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Sounds like you are having a lot of fun. I would love to go with just my mom!

pdrlkr
05-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Thank for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
05-05-2007, 03:58 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

faline
05-05-2007, 04:10 PM
The Grey Goose slush sounds interesting! I may have to try that!

Glad you liked Alfredo's! Too bad it's closing!

Bethanymouse
05-16-2007, 07:15 AM
What a great escape! Thanks so much for sharing your report with us. It sounds like you had a great time with your mom!:thumbsup: