PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti~what do you know??

disneykat
05-04-2007, 06:58 AM
I was just reading another site which dicussed the addition of a new table service and counter service restaurant in Animal Kingdom. It's themed for the new EE ride and named Yak and Yeti. Does anyone know anything about this? It supposedly set to open this July but that's all I know. With Tusker House set for a refurb I'd love to know if this will be an option for our September trip. It would be a great incentive to wait around on that last fastpass for EE!! :mickey:

Figment!
05-04-2007, 08:31 AM
You can read all about it in Landry’s Asian Dining Complex to Open at Animal Kingdom in 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=90017&highlight=Landry) and even view its concept art.

When looking for anything New or Coming Soon, check out the INTERCOT News & Rumours Forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=24). :thumbsup:

PhilHarHarMagic
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
The tagline for the new place should be "Have You Eaten Yeti?"

mickeys_princess
05-06-2007, 09:50 PM

:rotfl: I love it!

Jared
05-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I can't tell if the slogan is clever or cheesy. :confused:
Regardless, Animal Kingdom desperately needs another table service restaurant. Yak and Yeti addresses that hole.

BethieTink
05-07-2007, 09:07 AM
I was at AK on Wednesday and the walls aren't even up for the restaurant. It looked to me, like it would be a while till this was going to be open. I could be wrong about the timetable, but it was definitely in the early stages of construction.

Goes4FastPass
05-07-2007, 10:11 PM
...Let me help:

Velveeta

TheRustyScupper
05-08-2007, 10:29 AM

Yak all you want about it.

DisneyDudet
05-12-2007, 04:57 AM
I just don't know how appealing a restaurant is with the word YAK in the name...:ack:

Belle's Mom
05-12-2007, 10:41 AM
If it is really good food, maybe one could have a "yak attack" when they get a hankerin' for some of yeti burgers!

big blue and hairy
05-12-2007, 11:41 AM

Yes....:D

:sulley:

mermaidmarian
05-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't see how it would be close to ready by this July. While I couldn't see what was behind the construction walls, above all that was visible was steel girdering. It looks like it is going to be huge, as well. They cleared a lot of wooded area out for the site, and I think, at the moment, it leaves that portion of Asia very exposed. It used to be a very shady and tropical spot.

Figment!
05-12-2007, 05:26 PM
I don't see how it would be close to ready by this July. While I couldn't see what was behind the construction walls, above all that was visible was steel girdering. July was the original opening date, but construction started several months late.

According to Operations, the opening is currently set for October.

TheRustyScupper
05-13-2007, 10:25 AM
. . .
According to Operations, the opening is currently set for October . . .

1) I still hear conflicting reports.
2) Has it been announced to be DDP or not DDP?
3) It seems that even "people in the know", don't.

NOTE: Folks I trust say no, but there are others who say yes. As far as I know, there is still no official word. (No makes sense, since it is a Landry's. Yes makes sense, because it is inside a park.)