PDA

View Full Version : Grandstands or Springs - SSR?

Efrank
05-04-2007, 06:56 AM
So in our reservations we'd initally said we wanted to be in the Springs area for proximity to the pool. We're now wondering about the new grandstand area? I've seen posts about the pool in Grandstands being a themed pool that is very nice and less busy I would assume. We're traveling with a 4.5 year old and a 2.5 year old. I'm wondering whether the slide at the springs is appropriate for a 4 yr old? If not, is there anything else at the main pool that would make it a better choice for us? If its quieter in Grandstands and the pool is just as good, maybe we'll request there instead. Also, how far of a walk is it to the lobby and main pool from Grandstands? TIA! 10 days and counting

xwdpuzzler
05-05-2007, 09:52 PM
We just got back from SSR and although we didn't stay in the Springs or Grandstand It did seem like that far when we rode the bus around the resort. We stand in the paddock and it was wonderful. There was a small pool near our villa and although we opted for the main pool it was very quiet but no slides. My two kids are almost 6 and they both when down the big slide (with arm floaties) and I had a blast. There is also a smaller slide for smaller kids near the bigger slide. The main pool has lifeguards, but the villa side pools do not, and also the lifeguards are at the pool from 10 AM to 8 PM and after that the pool is still open but the slides are closed.

SSR is a beautiful resort and this was our first experience with DVC. They also had a model for the new Animal Kindom Villas in the DVC sales area.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Honeymoon - 1982 (offsite)
Orlando, FL - 1992 (offsite)
Wilderness Lodge - 1998
Animal Kindom - 2005
Saratoga Springs - 2007
DVC since 2006

Volksjager
05-09-2007, 11:51 AM
I forget where we stayed but to was close to DownTown Disney and our room backed on the water facing the Lego Store. The small pool close by was great, not too busy, hot tub was always available and was easy to walk to.

The other thing we liked is that we were able to walk to the Downtown Disney bus center and take a bus pretty much anywhere we wanted to go. If we has reservations for dinner somewhere like Contemporary we would just hop on the Contemporary bus there.

Plus walking distance to Downtown Disney meant we could take our son to DisneyQuest many times with any hassle!

I'd stay there again.

The only down side would be that it was a bit of a walk to get to the main pool or the main store, though it is not too bad.