PDA

View Full Version : Can you still order off of the childs menu?

mickeys_princess
05-04-2007, 02:19 AM
A lot of times I order off of the childs menu because the adult portions are too large. With all of the changes to the dining plan for kids is this still allowed? Has anyone ever been told anywhere that they could not order off of the childrens menu?

Natazu
05-04-2007, 03:14 AM
We've never had any trouble doing it either with the DDP or out of pocket.

Goes4FastPass
05-04-2007, 04:12 AM
Intercot doesn't allow us to encourage each other to cheat or "beat the system".

At the CS locations the children's menu section of the menu signs says something like, "Guests 9 and under". I got the impression they don't want adults to buy child's meals for themselves.

I've always had the impression children's meals are priced with the assumption a family is buying adult and children's meals.

My wife loves WDW's version of the 'happy meal'. It's just enough for her. If my buying her a child's meal was cheating, I confess. I also feel like WDW gets LOTS of my $ in many ways.

At some meal locations, you pay according to your age, like buffets and character meals served family style. In these cases kids are welcome to eat 'adult food' and adults are welcome to have a chicken nugget and some mac and cheese if you don't find serving yourself from the kid-height buffet too embarrassing.

Natazu
05-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Is it cheating?
No.
Lying about ones age to order off a particular menu is cheating. Asking a server if you can order off the kids menu because you don't eat much is just fine.

c&d
05-04-2007, 10:12 AM
When we were down in April we were on the DDP and I ate most of my son's CS meals. He always wanted something from the adult side and I was perfectly happy eating the smaller portions. At TS meals he always ordered off the kid's menu.

I wish they would offer an adult kids meals. I would love a smaller portion size for some counter service meals.

Rodders
05-04-2007, 10:31 AM
My DW and I hardly bothered with sit down meals whilst we were at Disney in 2005. Partly because we were shattered in the evening and partly because the portions are just far to big to eat for us. It would be nice to have smaller portions available.

I found most of the counter stuff to be fine. Bigger than most in the UK but not too big for me. Am I just a hungry horace? :blush:

mickeys_princess
05-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Intercot doesn't allow us to encourage each other to cheat or "beat the system".

Uuuhhh....... :scratch: no one is trying to "cheat or beat the system" I am almost 28 years old, not trying to pass for a nine year old. We have done this plenty of times with no problem, some servers have even offered it to us, I dont even have kids so im not trying to use kids credits on the dining plan, dont even have the dining plan. Just wondering if you can still order a kids meal with the new kids combo meal things Disney is doing now.

just2mickey
05-04-2007, 12:10 PM
We always get the dining plan. My theory on it is this. Disney has my money regardless if I order from the kid's menu or the adults. I know that servers would in all liklihood want the larger adult order because of the gratuity issue (I know that I would) but at the same time........... I would rather order food that I can eat rather than waste the extra portion.:mickey: :twocents:

King Triton
05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I don't think this question has anything to do with the dining plan, so I'm staying away from that.

I believe the policy is that it is fine for anyone to order from the child's menu.

The main exception is the buffets. In this case, if you are an adult by age, you pay the adult price, regardless of how much or little you eat.

just2mickey
05-04-2007, 02:29 PM
The main exception is the buffets. In this case, if you are an adult by age, you pay the adult price, regardless of how much or little you eat.

True. Very true.

January-2007
05-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Well, I don't have any experience ordering from a child's menu at TS places, but at CS I got the kid's meals almost exclusively at the resort. I liked it so much better. For breakfast I would get the 2 Mickey Waffles, 2 applesauces, and a milk. And that's considered a kid's meal! It's a lot! For dinner sometimes I would get the pasta with a meatball, again 2 applesauces, and a milk. At $3.99 it really can't be beat, plus it was enough for me, so I didn't have to worry about wasting anything or feeling too full to go play at the parks or enjoy the pools. Everyone here has given you great advice, Intercot rocks! Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
05-04-2007, 10:04 PM
I wish they would offer an adult kids meals. I would love a smaller portion size for some counter service meals.

I wish they would do this for the kids, too. It seemed that a lot of the kid's meal options were a little boring for kids who may be good eaters.

Disneydynomite
05-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Since I have medical problems, I can not eat a large meal at any given time. I am lucky if I eat a quarter of a meal in one sitting. However, I don't really want to be stuck with chicken nuggets, pizza, and mac a cheese all the time. So I usually just order an appetizer or salad and pick off hubby's plate. I have also asked at TS (Rose & Crown) if I could order the child's cottage pie, as I explained my reason and there was no problem. I think if you just ask and not assume you can, you won't have to many problems.

Jared
05-06-2007, 10:31 PM
If an adult orders of the children's menu, is that person charged extra? The prices on most Disney children's menus are one of the few bargains!