PDA

View Full Version : CS in Animal Kingdom

Mnchknbrat1982
05-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Which CS do you recommend in Animal Kingdom? We was going to do Tusker House, however, I just saw on a website yesterday that they will be undergoing a rehab when we will be in the world.

I thought about Flametree, however I was wondering do they have any of the entree's that don't have barbeque sauce on them? As neither I or the BF like barbeque sauce.

Last time we was in AK we ate at the place that is basically McDonald's but its called something else.

I'm wanting something that offers a variety because I am not big on burgers. So a place that offered like chicken sandwich or salad would be good.

DizneyRox
05-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Flametree uses a rub for most of their meats not a sauce. Unless you get a pulled pork sandwich or something I think you'll be OK.

The ingredients are:

Sugar, Lawry's Seasoning Salt, Paprika, Chili Powder, Onion Powder, Black Pepper, Cumin, and Garlic Salt.

Flametree is by far our favorite place in AK for food. Selection, like in all the restaurants has gone downhill, but it's still very tasty.

I wasn't too impressed with the salads over at Tusker House. While some of the meals are good, I find a more appetizing meal at Flametree is easier to come by.

Hope you enjoy!

JPL
05-04-2007, 10:18 AM
I am a huge fan of Flame Tree but my only complaint is no indoor seating. On a really hot day I don't like eating outside it makes a little :sick:

As for the McDonald's type place is Restaurantasaurus probably the worst counter service location in all of WDW. IMHO

I would suggest Tusker House as your best bet in AK or even a quick lunch at the Rainforest Cafe.

AvonleaCF
05-04-2007, 10:41 AM
You could also try Pizzafari. They have salads and an Italian-style sandwich there, plus pizza.

Disdad13
05-04-2007, 01:32 PM
I would highly recommend Flame Tree! We never miss it when we are at AK. As another poster mentioned, they do not put on the sauce, only a rub. The ribs and chicken are best in DW. And, even though there is no indoor seating, there are some nice covered areas behind Flame Tree that are right on the lake. It is a very nice, relaxing area to eat.

rsumrall
05-04-2007, 02:07 PM
You could also try Pizzafari. They have salads and an Italian-style sandwich there, plus pizza.

You could try it, but you'll find the "normal" Disney pizza that is less than appetizing.

Tusker House is your best bet. It is VERY good, and the portions are huge.

Mnchknbrat1982
05-04-2007, 02:12 PM
well if it weren't for the fact that Tusker House will be closed for Rehab from Aug 20- Nov 1st I would eat there. But there lies the problem........not open.

So I am trying to find somewhere the bf & I both would like.

DisneyDude1977
05-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Flame Tree is unbelieveable! I ate there on last trip with DW and can't believe we had not tried it before. Great food and atmosphere in the surrounding area.

Kairi_7378
05-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Here is Flame Tree's menu (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/flametree.asp)

As stated before, the BBQ meats are cooked in a tasty rub but there are other items that are not seasoned with the rub.

wdw_bound
05-05-2007, 01:52 AM
Menu looks great for me and DD, but DH is not a beans guy - since they have fries on the menu, anyone know if you can sub them for the beans on the combo?

em-n-mia's-mommy
05-05-2007, 11:23 PM
We liked pizzafari. The pizza was tasty. I had no complaints. I do plan on trying flame tree bbq next!

Pop Centurion
05-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Definitely try Flame Tree BBQ since Tusker House will be closed.