PDA

View Full Version : RENT- Two original cast members back!!

ImagiAsh
05-04-2007, 12:18 AM
I did a search on this forum to see if there was any talk on here when Rent was released as a movie and I was surprised to see so many fans!:thumbsup: On that note, I thought I'd bring up something I just read on playbill.com. Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal, who originated Mark and Roger in the original Broadway cast of Rent (and Rent: The Movie) are signed up to reprise their roles on Broadway this summer! They will be performing from July 30th- September 10th. I had the opportunity of attending the Rent 10th Anniversary Benefit last year, where they had the entire original cast back for one night. It was incredible! So, I guess it's clear to say that I am fan of this musical and plan to see Adam and Anthony this summer. Anyone else thinking about going?

Here is the link: http://http://www.playbill.com/news/article/107807.html

ChipnDaleGal
05-04-2007, 11:42 AM
If I didn't already have all my vacation time and budget spent for this year, I would definitely want to make a trip to New York to see those two. WOW!!

poeticeclipse
05-04-2007, 12:37 PM
You were at the Anniversary Benefit????? Oh my gosh! I would have died! haha. I'm a huge RENT fan (as is everyone in my family). I've only seen the show in Chicago.... never on Broadway. I would love to take my family to NYC and see Adam and Anthony. One of my best friends from high school went to a music camp to be a supervisor and Anthony made a special appearence and he go to meet him!! The luck some people have....:)

Melanie
05-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Man, I'd kill to see that! I bet tickets will be incredibly difficult to come by.

ImagiAsh
05-06-2007, 11:55 PM
You were at the Anniversary Benefit????? Oh my gosh! I would have died! haha. I'm a huge RENT fan (as is everyone in my family).

Yup, I was at the Rent Benefit! It was amazing. I got to see the show and go to the afterparty. It was a night I will never forget! :D

Figgyluv03
05-07-2007, 12:53 PM
That's is amazing that they are both back. Mark & Roger are my two favorite characters. I've had the soundtrack for years and love it, and saw the movie the night it came out! I feel more in love with Mark after that! Haha, Anthony is so hott! I would love to see it on Broadway, but money's kind of tight.