PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey for 2 Year Old?

wdwjenn
05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
My family - including my 2 year old son - will be visiting WDW in October :mjump: !!
I am wondering if anyone can tell me if Pal Mickey would be something that would entertain him while we are waiting in line for rides? He loves Mickey and is amused and fascinated by things that sing and make noise :wave:
I would like to try to get one on ebay rather than spendingthe $65 in the parks.

Any info you can give would be great :tink:

MickeysBestPal
05-03-2007, 11:25 PM
2 yo is a bit young to appreciate the expensive Pal Mickey.

We (as adults) love ours, but a very young child would not "get" the silly pun jokes and park info.

There is a similar Mickey plush at Wal-Mart, etc. that talks, priced at about $20.

Here are links to see similar toys on-line:

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Talking-Mickey-Mouse-716396/dp/B000O0ZE6G/ref=pd_sbs_k_2/103-7171695-5793402

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Talking-Mickey-Mouse-Plush/dp/B000I0TS14/ref=pd_sbs_t_4/103-7171695-5793402

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2007, 11:34 PM
I think I would consider a less expensive option for a 2 year old. Pal Mickey is fun, but perhaps not age appropriate. Anyway, Pal Mickey or not, I'm sure you and the little one will have a wonderful time!:mickey:

TiggerRPh
05-04-2007, 12:43 AM
A child probably needs to be at least 5 or six years old to really appreciate the antics of PM.

Just my opinion...but I think it would be waste of money for a 2 year old.

celebrationasheley
05-04-2007, 12:50 AM
:mickey: I don't know if Disney does it anymore. But at old key west they used to rent out pal mickeys. Having a two year old, I can only see my son pressing the button super fast just to hear some sound, not understand" the parade starts at 3:00) I can't see him getting excited. Check on the rental, sorry if that is old news, if they don't I would buy some other toy.

TiggerRPh
05-04-2007, 12:53 AM
They don't rent out PM anymore...you have to buy them now.

KylesMom
05-04-2007, 01:07 AM
A child probably needs to be at least 5 or six years old to really appreciate the antics of PM. Just my opinion...but I think it would be waste of money for a 2 year old.
I would have to agree. DS at 9 still finds Pal Mickey to be great fun and my 5-yr old niece loves to hear him talk, but even she doesn't have the "muscles" to squeeze his hands & play the interactive games with him. One last thing to remember - Pal Mickey isn't real soft & squishy, and is certainly not light for a child to carry around the parks. I would recommend something a bit less elaborate until your DS can enjoy him a bit more. Yes, I got my Pal Mickey as a gift at 39 . . . :blush:

wdwjenn
05-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Thanks for all of your help:rocks: !!
I think I will look for something else to keep him occupied, I will check out the other Mickey toys that someone suggested just another reason to go :shop:

However, I am now thinking of gettng pal mickey to entertain the adults in the party.

flying carpet
05-04-2007, 08:19 AM
I say go for it! The whole family will love it! Plus he will think its neat that Mickey is talking to him. We love ours. Whats $60.00 in the big picture. How many days are you going for. We looked at it this way. It works for ever. We bought ours years ago and we go every year. Since we bought it we have been there 22 days so pal Mickey is $2.72 per day and we will be going for 8 days this fall so now he is going to be $2.00 A day not bad for a whole lot of fun. Peter Pan would love it!

mike

Mickey91
05-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Someone mentioned on another thread to check out ebay. You may be able to get Pal Mickey cheaper than if you wait. Pal Mickey started at $60.00 at the parks but I think they are a little more now. Don't bid too much! :mickey: