PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on where to dine.

DISNEYFIX
05-03-2007, 04:48 PM
The family will be going to the BCV in Sept. for 4 nights one of them will be MNSSHP. My DS(5) eats well, DD(2) eats like a bird and doesn't like sitting still very long. DW and I are for anything tastes good and that will be a fun atmosphere for the kids so that way they might sit still longer. We are just looking at one major meal per day. What reccomendations do you have for ADR's for this bunch?
Thanks
Chris

GreenBeetle
05-03-2007, 04:59 PM
If you are looking to keep the kiddies entertained, then character meals are the way to go. Our favorite is Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner at the MK. You could do it before MNSSHP. The food is delicious - a Thanksgiving meal served family-style with turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese (not to mention the most scrumptious strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing ;) ). The character interaction there is great too - Minnie, Chip, Dale, Goofy and Pluto dressed in their colonial best.

Another suggestion is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. It's noisy and fun, so kids don't always have to be on their best behavior ;). I can't comment on the dinner selection there, as we usually go for breakfast.

Good Luck with your choices!

P.S. You are in for a real treat at MNSSHP - it's awesome!!

Tuke
05-03-2007, 05:34 PM
If you're looking for a great restaurant for kids, without the price or mayhem of a character meal, try the 50's Primetime at MGM. Your server acts as your aunt/uncle/cousin and playfully has you set your table, mind your manners, and eat your supper. The meals are family favorites (pot roast, mac and cheese, meatloaf) and old TV shows are looped through old-fashioned TV sets near your table. Inevitably, mom or dad get busted for some infraction (i.e. elbows on table) and "punished" which delights the kids to no end. Our DD's (6/8) love the experience and ask to eat there every visit.

Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I suggest 'Ohana at the Polynesian(games for the kids) or Liberty Tree Tavern on the party night. Other places to try:

Marrakesh, San Angel Inn, or Le Cellier at World Showcase.

Cape May Cafe(BC), Whispering Canyon Cafe(Wilderness Lodge), or Garden Grill (Future World, Epcot).

TikiGoddess
05-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Gee, you have one of those 2 yr olds that won't sit still too? :)

I would recommend Whispering Canyon at the WL for any meal. Lots of fun, great family atmosphere, great food.

Character meals are a great option, but do try to schedule your visits at an off hour so you don't have to wait to be seated, or wait to see the characters. We like going to the Crystal Palace for an early breakfast (they offer reservations before the MK opens). This year we're trying Chef Mickey's for brunch -- got an 11:20am reservation in hopes that the place will be empty and we'll get extra time with the characters. I took my DD there for dinner one trip (at around 6pm) and we had to wait 30 min for a table. Not fun.

TikiG