PDA

View Full Version : AK Sunrise Safari

roryjulie
05-03-2007, 04:35 PM
We are booked for the AK Sunrise Safari on July 29th. Any tips, thoughts, reviews?

Goofeygal
05-03-2007, 04:53 PM
No tips or thoughts just that hubby is extremely jealous LOL. Have a great time.

DizneyRox
05-03-2007, 05:00 PM
I would seriously consider the Sunset Safari instead of the Sunrise Safari. I don't have anything bad to say about the Sunrise, but the Sunset is just fabulous. It's around the AKL grounds instead of the AK park grounds (they are different), so it's a little more exclusive. Plus it includes a great dinner at Jiko which can't be beat.

raff626
05-04-2007, 01:34 PM
I did the Sunrise Safari back in 2003 and had a great time. The interaction with the guides was great and it was really cool being able to see the animals without having to rush through. The breakfast at the end was also very good. My only real tip is make sure to have both a camcorder and a camera. The animals are fairly active so it will be hard to catch all of the action with just a still camera.

I also agree with DisneyRox on the Sunset Safari. I did this last year and it was absolutely wonderful. You spend more time with the animals than on the Sunrise Safari. Our guide was fantastic and the food was superb. In addition to the dinner they also give you a yummy snack toward the end of the safari.

garyfdny
05-05-2007, 04:35 PM
could someone tell us how you go about booking one of these safaris

thank you