PDA

View Full Version : Photo Pass

disneydaisy
05-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Not really sure if this is in the right place but I have seen a lot of comments about "photopasses" at the parks. What are these and how do they work? I don't remember these when I was there in 2004 but it could be I just didn't know about them. Thanks for any info.

biodtl
05-03-2007, 12:38 PM
There are roving photographers in the park - especially in good photo-op areas, like the castle, who will take photos of you and your group. The first time, you will be given a card with a barcode, which you will give to each photographer. Then you can purchase prints in the park or from your computer when you get home (you can view, but not print, save or copy the photos). You can also buy a cd with all the photos.

Michigander
05-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I say have lots of photo's taken and then buy the cd. Once you get on line and edit them the way you want with all the neat little boarders and things you order it and then you can make as many copies of the pictures as you want. It cost about $125.00. But when you consider a 5x7 alone is $12.95! If you have several people in your party wanting copies this is the way to go. Have them split the cost of the cd and the price is even better! I love mine. I was able to take the cd in to my work and put the picture I liked the best on my computer as my background. :mickey:

Imagineer1981
05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
It really is a great service, it used to be you avoided the photographers because they sort of hounded you and if you got a photo, you'd have to wait in a long line to buy them at the end of the day... now we hunt the photographers down and usually buy one or two photos from our vacation!!

wendy*darling
05-03-2007, 02:26 PM
We love the "official park photos" and have them taken in each park on every trip- it's like our special "Disney Growth Chart."

Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/photopass.asp) has a description of the service.
But for some reason our link to the web site isn't working- use this (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/)instead to get a better idea of how it will work if you wait to come home and view/order pictures.

The have Photo Pass photographers in the character lines as well as at the front of the parks, in key "photo-op" locations, at some rides (they are just in the very beginning stages of integrating ride photos onto the Pass). Keep your eyes open and use them whenever you can. The more pictures you have- the better a deal it is to buy the CD at the end of your vacation.
It's a great way to get everyone in your party in a picture together!:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
05-03-2007, 05:26 PM
So, if you put the cute little symbols on your pictures at the parks, they you can get them on the CD? I heard that if you buy the CD online, you can't use the symbols on them.

Am I the confused one?

Gator
05-04-2007, 12:27 AM
It's really great. And on MVMCP, they give you a special Christmas pass for pictures taken that night and you get a dicount on that card. So then it's only like 80 bucks a photo instead of 90 :blush:

TiggerRPh
05-04-2007, 12:36 AM
It really is a great service, it used to be you avoided the photographers because they sort of hounded you and if you got a photo, you'd have to wait in a long line to buy them at the end of the day... now we hunt the photographers down and usually buy one or two photos from our vacation!!

The God's honest truth is that the only benefit to us is the ability to see the photos online and avoid the line to see the pix. We maybe buy 1-2 photos per trip...mainly because I haven't found that the pictures that they take to be any better than the one I take...in fact many of them aren't that good IMO....certainly not worth $12.95 unless it's something that I didn't get.

TiggerRPh
05-04-2007, 12:39 AM
It's really great. And on MVMCP, they give you a special Christmas pass for pictures taken that night and you get a dicount on that card. So then it's only like 80 bucks a photo instead of 90 :blush:

The pictures used to be free.

:mad::mad:

disneydaisy
05-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks everyone for the great info. It seems to me that there is nothing to lose by getting the photopass, and possibly a lot of great pictures to gain. I'm going to make sure I give it a try.

Michigander
05-04-2007, 10:23 AM
i was able to put the boarders and little pictures on my phots by editing them on line before I orderd my CD.:thumbsup:

butterfly18237
05-04-2007, 04:09 PM
So other than all the parks icons and at the characters, has anyone see the photopass photographers anywhere else?

And can I put my MVMCP pictures on my photopass?