PDA

View Full Version : What day of the week for MK?

GA girl
05-03-2007, 10:43 AM
We will be going to Florida the week of June 10-15. Sadly this year we will not be stay at WDW but at my sisters time share on Little Lake Bryan. I do want to go to Magic Kingdom one day. So what would be the best day of the week to try to go? I have never been in June and am not looking forward to the summer crowds!

Jared
05-03-2007, 10:48 AM
The Magic Kingdom will be crowded every day that week. Many students are on summer vacation in mid-June and families should be packing the parks.

Try heading to Magic Kingdom on either Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure how much the day matters, but that's my suggestion.

January-2007
05-03-2007, 11:51 AM
The most optimal day for you to visit the Magic Kingdom in Wednesday, June 13. The Magic Kingdom has Extra Magic Hours the day before and the day after, so this day should be slower and better for you since you are not EMH eligible. Also, you've got 2 showings of Spectromagic this night, so you could see the later one at 11 with less crowds. Have a great trip! :mickey:

dumbo ears
05-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Ive always found tuesdays good for the MK.

Gator
05-03-2007, 03:56 PM
During my trip in June, I found that Sunday, Monday, and Friday all saw the MK with large crowds. It won't matter what day you choose. Sorry.

DisneyFreak102
05-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Probably Monday :mickey:

TikiGoddess
05-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Here's a list of the days that you're going:

Sunday: Morning EMH (that you can't take advantage of)

Monday: Monday is historically one of the busiest days of the week. Most people arrive for their vacations on Sunday and head straight to the MK on their first full vacation day. My DH, an ex-CM, swears by this and I've seen it for myself.

Tuesday: Morning EMH

Weds: No EMH, open from 9am-11pm

Thursday: evening EMH will bring crowds into the park later in the day.

Friday: evening EMH

I agree with January-2007. Wednesday is probably your best bet. I think you'll do fine! Maybe you could extend the magic by making ADR's at the Crystal Palace for breakfast. Try getting an 8:05am reservation and you'll have a great meal before the park opens.

Have fun!
TikiG

mttafire
05-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Ive always found tuesdays good for the MK.
I agree, We almost always go during May or Spet. BUT, In the past when we went during June-August we found that tuesday and thursdays are imho, the best.:thumbsup:

Bruegge
05-03-2007, 09:09 PM
This is a quote from "our own hard working group of imagineers"

(cheap plug intended)

Located in the INFO CENTRAL section....

What days are historically the busiest at the Parks?
Walt Disney World parks tend to be the busiest on the following days:

Magic Kingdom: Monday, Saturday & Sunday
Epcot: Wednesday & Friday
Disney-MGM Studios: Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday
Animal Kingdom: Monday, Tuesday & Friday

I'm not sure if that takes into account any of the EMH hours... I fear this info was taken before the advent of the EMH, If so ... Nevermind.....lol

For what it's worth

Scott

ImagiAsh
05-04-2007, 01:13 AM
The most optimal day for you to visit the Magic Kingdom in Wednesday, June 13. The Magic Kingdom has Extra Magic Hours the day before and the day after, so this day should be slower and better for you since you are not EMH eligible. Also, you've got 2 showings of Spectromagic this night, so you could see the later one at 11 with less crowds. Have a great trip! :mickey:

I'm going to agree! I don't think you will see THAT much of a difference going to the Magic Kingdom any of those days, but Wednesday might be slightly less crowded. :mickey: