PDA

View Full Version : What should we plan on our non-Disney day??

TFrauts
05-03-2007, 12:35 AM
We are going to Disney late july/early august! We are spending most of our time at disney resorts, but the Friday night at the comfort suites at Old Town. Does anyone have any suggestions for neat places to go, things to see, great flea markets, etc??
I think we are planning on going to gatorland...but not sure what else to do outside of disney!! Any suggestions would be great!!
THanks, Tiffany

merlinmagic4
05-03-2007, 06:37 AM
My first suggestion would be to take a day off and hang out at the pool! My second suggestion would be Sea World, although that's not an inexpensive "off" day. Have a great trip :mickey:

TFrauts
05-03-2007, 08:30 AM
well...we are spending 5 nights in disney and planing about 4 days in the parks....I would love to go to seaworld....but I was kind of hoping to do something other than ''more parks!" If we end up finnshing all the disney parks in 3/4 days...which I hope, but kind of doubt, then we will definitely look into sea world!! Thanks, Tiffany

wjrhw
05-03-2007, 08:43 AM
I would check before planning to go to Gatorland. I'm not sure they reopened yet after a major fire a while back.

wire0monkey
05-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Why don't you get a rental car and drive over to Kennedy Space Center. It's only about an hour, I think. You can visit one of the beaches afterwards, or maybe Cocoa Beach Pier.

Pally
05-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Do you have children travelling with you? I would suggest Lunch with an astronaut at Kennedy Space Centre. My boys, aged 12 and 13, loved the talk given by Astronaunt Sam Gemnar. Lunch was good. Probably about 100-125 people. He was a wonderfully enteraning speaker. He also went from table to table for a brief conservation with you. You also recevied an autographed picture. It certainly was a highlight in our trip. Also, try the "space dots" if you go. They are yummy. It is a frozen treat sold in many different flavours. Check out their web site for more information.

minnie-mouse
05-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Celebration, FL is really nice and a short drive from WDW. It is a quaint town with shops and restaurants. We like to spend an afternoon relaxing there when we go.