PDA

View Full Version : BackPacks

Clywalk
05-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Do you guys cary a backpack into the parks?
Do you run into any problems like not being able to bring it on to a ride or anything.

I want to bring some sort of bag but I am not sure what I would do with it during the rides.

Sorry I just saw I put this in the wrong section hopefully someone can move it.

2Epcot
05-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I took a regular size school back pack with me on my last trip. I had no problem brining it into the park. Like all bags, the security will check them before you enter. I also did not have any problem on rides. On some of the thrill rides like Space Mountain, Rock-n-Rollercoaster, or Everest, I would put my legs through the back pack straps and sit it between my legs so it wouldn't go anywhere.

Clywalk
05-03-2007, 12:31 AM
I took a regular size school back pack with me on my last trip. I had no problem brining it into the park. Like all bags, the security will check them before you enter. I also did not have any problem on rides. On some of the thrill rides like Space Mountain, Rock-n-Rollercoaster, or Everest, I would put my legs through the back pack straps and sit it between my legs so it wouldn't go anywhere.
so do all rides allow you to bring a bag on?

2Epcot
05-03-2007, 12:37 AM
so do all rides allow you to bring a bag on?

There were no rides where we were told we could not bring them on. Of course they were all small enough to go between our legs, if there was no pouch or net on the ride that they would fit in.

vizsla
05-03-2007, 05:26 AM
I take a back pack onto the parks several times when we go to WDW. I use it to carry my camera equipment. I have never had any problems going on any attractions due to the back pack. Just a heads though for security. Have all the compartments on your back pack open for security to check which saves you time on getting through the check point quicker.

GreenBeetle
05-03-2007, 07:36 AM
I always carry a backpack too. I've never had a problem on any ride with it. Just remember it will take a little extra time in the entrance line for security to look through it (a small price to pay for safety these days ;) ) - but otherwise, no problem at all.

sly1
05-09-2007, 10:04 PM
We always carry a backpack. Have been for years and never had a problem whatsoever. I did see a guy get caught by security trying to sneak a few beers hidden in the bottom of his backpack at MK though. lol

MinnieMommie
05-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I have always carried a backpack or a large bag. Never have I had any trouble with security or on rides. I open my bag wide and make it easy for the securiy people to see inside when I enter the parks. Never a problem. :mickey:

January-2007
05-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I have one of those draw string back packs they sell at the gift shops. It says 2006 and is dark blue. I like to carry it instead of a regular backpack because it's lighter and I'll tend to put less stuff in it, but I can still stuff a lot in it if need be. DH carries a regular backpack so we can stuff the souvenirs or sweatshirts/ etc in it throughout the day without having to return to the resort. He hasn't had any problem with it on the rides, just put it between your feet you should have no problem, like others have said. :mickey:

dtootsie42
05-10-2007, 08:13 PM
My husband always carries a backpack in the parks. If he gets tired of lugging it around (to many souvenirs) we rent a locker. He has never had trouble going through the gates, just a few minutes to check the bag, which he always opens wide so that security has an easier time seeing :mickey: .

wendy*darling
05-10-2007, 09:31 PM
We always carry something.
My DH carries a backpack with his camera, a jacket, etc.
I always seem to be carrying too much stuff (and what I need is what I left in the room ;) )
We've never had a problem on the rides.

But hang on to your backpacks now- because we are heading over to Theme Parks!

TiggerRPh
05-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Do you guys cary a backpack into the parks?
Do you run into any problems like not being able to bring it on to a ride or anything.

We've been doing it for a few years now...never had a problem. About the only place I wouldn't bring it on is Kali River Rapids since I'm not sure that the inside would stay dry.

GenieOfPA
05-10-2007, 11:30 PM
you won't have any problem bringing a backpack into the parks. actually, they are very handy to carry around if you need to carry water, sunscreen, snacks, or anything else around with you. as for going on rides, if you choose to carry a backpack, you can just put the bag between your legs with your legs through the arm straps. then it shouldn't go anywhere. but some rides, like dinosaur, have pockets to put your bags since the ride is unusually rough

bratmaster
05-10-2007, 11:49 PM
We have a really great bag. We got it from one step ahead; it was origionally used for a diaper bag, although it looks nothing like one. it is very padded and comfortable and has LOTS of compartments. it is very well made, and i think has waterproof material. It has insulated side pockets (intended for bottle,s but they work great for water bottles, too!) We use a stroller so we just keep it in there and when we board a ride i throw it on my back while we wait in line. A bit of a pain, but with 3 kids we have a lot of junk to haul around!

kakn7294
05-11-2007, 05:31 AM
I have taken both a toddler-sized backpack (looks like a regular backpack but much smaller) and a drawstring backpack, both without any problems. The only time they might give you a problem is if you exceed size limitations (and that would be a heck of a backpack) or bring one with wheels - those are a no-no as well.

Priority Four
05-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Seems like we always take a backpack the first day pass it off on one another all day and then leave it in the room the rest of our trip.

Belle619
05-11-2007, 11:09 AM
:ditto: Never had a problem and they come in really handy when you are a shopaholic like I am at Disney!!! :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
05-11-2007, 11:18 AM
it is very padded and comfortable and has LOTS of compartments.
Very important--the padded and comfortable part...Make sure the fabric is something you will not mind up against you in the heat, if it's during the warm days..Lots of compartments--handy--this is why I like a SMALL backpack. I've downsized considerably, because you really don't need to bring in as much as I used to think you do. Less is definitely more when you're carrying it all day.
:wave:

Priority Four
05-11-2007, 11:21 AM
:ditto: Never had a problem and they come in really handy when you are a shopaholic like I am at Disney!!! :mickey:

My wife shares your addiction, but I end up with the bag. Does that make me a co-dependant? Anyway, we take full advantage of the send it to your room service.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-11-2007, 11:25 AM
My wife shares your addiction, but I end up with the bag. Does that make me a co-dependant?.

No--just a sweet guy! We love the send-it-to-the-room service, too.:shop::shop:

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 03:37 PM
We always have a backpack. they are great for sunscreen, wipes and little necessities you end up wishing you had brought along.

This past year we utilized the lockers as well. I'm hooked. They are wonderful! And when you get tired of the backpack, just throw it in there as well!:mickey:

LizLovesDiz
05-11-2007, 06:03 PM
We just got back Tuesday and I had my backpack on everywhere except when we were at the water parks,then I put it the locker. :mickey:

MickeyandTink
05-11-2007, 07:20 PM
We were planning on bringing a small backpack for our DD and a "schoolbag" size one for us. If we decide to ditch them in a locker at some point, would one locker be enough? Also, how much does it cost to rent a locker?

GA girl
05-11-2007, 09:05 PM
I am the pack mule for our family. I have always brought a mesh sling pack. It is very easy to carry and also faster getting thru security because they can see right in it. I just recently bought a Disney back pack from the outlet in St. Augustine to bring the next time we go.:mickey:

DisneyDudet
05-12-2007, 01:03 AM
The only issues are for those compartment holders.. sometimes mine are too big, so we just put them through our legs and no CM has said anything. The little bag, holder things on rides like Dinosaur (Everest too? its been a while) sometimes are on the small side. Also, if you are on Soarin and your bag doesn't fit in the little holder under your seat, they just say to leave it on the ground as you are on your "trip" and its there as you left it when you come back. On Star Tours, if you get a seat that has a light underneath it.. it might be difficult.. but no fear.. just stick it under a neighbor's seat!

Those are the only problems, other than what people have already said!

EpcotFan182
05-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Like others have said, I use a drawstring bag when in the parks. It's light enough that it doesn't strain my back but spacious enough to carry the essentials. I've had no problem with rides, just a quick check at the park entrance. Hope this helps :mickey:

dumbo ears
05-12-2007, 12:59 PM
No but we don't take much in with us.