PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours Question

donduk
05-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Could someone explain how Extra Magic Hours works? We are going to Disney World May 26 - June 5 and will be staying in a condo 2 miles from the parks. I assume we can't take part in this due to staying off the property, but what happens in the park having evening EMH for people like us. Does the park close and reopen only for Disney resort folks only??? Does this cost extra if the park stays open 3 hours later that day?
What I want to know is how do they know we aren't staying at a Disney Resort?

Like I said, it's the evening EMH that I am confused about.

Dazed and Confused! :confused: :confused:
Tom

MOJoe
05-03-2007, 12:17 PM
If you are an offsite guest, i don't believe you would be asked to leave the park just because of EMH. You certainly will not be able to ride any attractions, but can you shop? Yes. Can you get ice cream? Yes. Can you just hang out? Yes. But i am sure Disney would rather that you shop!

DisneyDudet
05-03-2007, 05:54 PM
They probably won't ask you to leave the parks, but as the evening wares on, you might be told that this is for resort guests only. You won't be allowed to ride, but I have never seen anyone told to leave, just merely brushed aside at the line entrance.

SBETigg
05-03-2007, 06:05 PM
If you are an offsite guest, i don't believe you would be asked to leave the park just because of EMH. You certainly will not be able to ride any attractions, but can you shop? Yes. Can you get ice cream? Yes. Can you just hang out? Yes. But i am sure Disney would rather that you shop!

What happens at evening EMH is that CMs start passing out wristbands to resort guests with resort identification. The park closes as usual, and the wristbanded guests (for no extra cost) simply stay and enjoy the extra hours while the non-wristbanded are (presumably) making their way out of the park.

It's a closed event for resort guests only. They'll let you linger and they won't rush you out, but if they spot you without wristband, they could ask you to leave the park. And they will not let you on attractions. They do check for those bands.

TravelSaurus
05-16-2007, 10:29 AM
A follow to this question....

We're staying on property but have annual passes would we still qualify for the EMH? The website states for 'base ticket' holders.

Also, the Disney online calendar shows each parks' hours and also whether or not it has EMH that particular day....does the hours posted include the EMH hours?

milhouse
05-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't imagine you'd be asked to leave - so you could walk around and shop but the CMs check for the wristbands on the rides.

KylesMom
05-16-2007, 11:39 AM
We're staying on property but have annual passes would we still qualify for the EMH? The website states for 'base ticket' holders.Also, the Disney online calendar shows each parks' hours and also whether or not it has EMH that particular day....does the hours posted include the EMH hours?

Yes, as long as you show your resort ID, A/P holders are eligible to participate in EMH.

And no, the Disney online calendar does not include the EMHs.:mickey:

offwego
05-16-2007, 11:40 AM

They probably won't ask you to leave the parks, but as the evening wares on, you might be told that this is for resort guests only. You won't be allowed to ride, but I have never seen anyone told to leave, just merely brushed aside at the line entrance.

I've seen them look for the wristbands at the entrace to stores as well. So I'm not 100% sure that you'll have access to stores and restaurants.

MOJoe
05-16-2007, 11:49 AM
I've seen them look for the wristbands at the entrace to stores as well. So I'm not 100% sure that you'll have access to stores and restaurants.

Is this a new policy? Several years back my family was staying offsite during an EMH night at MK. I remember getting ice cream and shopping until the park was virtually empty. I believe it was mid-night or so.

DisneyDudet
05-17-2007, 12:29 AM
A follow to this question....

We're staying on property but have annual passes would we still qualify for the EMH? The website states for 'base ticket' holders.

Also, the Disney online calendar shows each parks' hours and also whether or not it has EMH that particular day....does the hours posted include the EMH hours?

The website does have the days listed, but the times do not include the EMH hours. If its a morning EMH, you will add on one hour to the time of the appropriate park, and you can enter then. In the evenings, you add on 3 hours to the END of the day of the designated park.

Hope that helps!

offwego
05-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Is this a new policy? Several years back my family was staying offsite during an EMH night at MK. I remember getting ice cream and shopping until the park was virtually empty. I believe it was mid-night or so.

Don't know about new..but I saw it in Dec 06 and march 06